SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hey guys, I'm at the Merge Plugins part of the guide, working on the Improved Closedfaced Helmets patch. I'm getting this error when I try to check the merge:

DBM_aaMiraakRebornH "Miraak Reborn" [ARMO:0516BC8B]: FormID [03067A14] references a master which is not available in file [0E] ICH Patches Merged.esp

Everything was smooth until now, this is the first problem I've encountered so far.

This is the list of plugins I'm loading for the merge

https://imgur.com/a/VkaV4

On the Nexus page for ICH there's somebody else reporting that update 19.3 for Legacy broke the compatibility with the patch

I have not had a look but the ICH patch for LOTd is quite old and probably needs updating i'll take a quick look mightjust be a matter of forwarding the armour from LOTD to the ICH Patch

Edit: Ah right LOTD removed the VMAD from that Armour it sorted out in the CR. So you can do one a 2 things either remove the VMAD from the ICH LOTD patch using xedit or tell Merge Plugins to ignore the error and it should merge OK.

Hiya team,

After installing this fabulous guide, I disengaged on Dec. 4th and started playing extensively; currently at level 41, tons of quests completed and others in progress and absolutely love it, especially Dragonborn Gallery.

I made no changes since. At first, smooth sailing with no significant issues but increasingly, the ugly CTD's are creeping in from all over with no reason or rhyme. Pretty sure the outdated Skyrim engine is partly to blame, especially when throwing 500+ mods at it and bringing it to its knees.

My main question is the use of Script Cleaner / Save Game cleaner tools as noted by Lexy a while back on https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/? along with ICA's LOTD cleaning guide on https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/50442/? 

What are your thoughts on using the tools to clean saves in an effort to reduce CTD's with orphaned scripts and other inconsistencies? Bad idea or worth doing?

I can tell you I know longer use LOTD's "Auto Display Prep Station" feature in the Library as that is buggy and has caused CTD's due to heavy script process load.

If you think this is worth trying (backing up save game of course) do you have recommended steps to clean a save and ICA's LOTD as he doesn't really say which scripts to clean?

Of course, I just saw Lady Lexy's LOTD Special Edition page and getting very excited...! Maybe "out with the old, in with the new" will be the answer soon!

Cheers!

Hiya team,

After installing this fabulous guide, I disengaged on Dec. 4th and started playing extensively; currently at level 41, tons of quests completed and others in progress and absolutely love it, especially Dragonborn Gallery.

I made no changes since. At first, smooth sailing with no significant issues but increasingly, the ugly CTD's are creeping in from all over with no reason or rhyme. Pretty sure the outdated Skyrim engine is partly to blame, especially when throwing 500+ mods at it and bringing it to its knees.

My main question is the use of Script Cleaner / Save Game cleaner tools as noted by Lexy a while back on https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/? along with ICA's LOTD cleaning guide on https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/50442/? 

What are your thoughts on using the tools to clean saves in an effort to reduce CTD's with orphaned scripts and other inconsistencies? Bad idea or worth doing?

I can tell you I know longer use LOTD's "Auto Display Prep Station" feature in the Library as that is buggy and has caused CTD's due to heavy script process load.

If you think this is worth trying (backing up save game of course) do you have recommended steps to clean a save and ICA's LOTD as he doesn't really say which scripts to clean?

Of course, I just saw Lady Lexy's LOTD Special Edition page and getting very excited...! Maybe "out with the old, in with the new" will be the answer soon!

Cheers!

You most certainly could try that just keep a back up of your save just in case.

Hey! When Merging I noticed there was a small Error during  Weapons & Armors Merge. After creating the merge I went to built and said there was an error with Saeri_AetherialCrown.esp

The was an option to resolve it, only way to move forward to Build the Merge. Was that the right Idea?

No as stated many many many times before that error is a false positive it not error if CRF is loaded (it just Merge Plugins can't see that). What you should of done is told Merge plugins to ignore that error and done the merge.

• +1 1

No as stated many many many times before that error is a false positive it not error if CRF is loaded (it just Merge Plugins can't see that). What you should of done is told Merge plugins to ignore that error and done the merge.

Trying to Rebuild the patch, it comes off automatically green, should I redownload the ESP for Saeri_AetherialCrown?

have you nerfed Sofia using the rings? I do agree that boss chest shouldn't be touched by Scarcity it annoying when you get to the end of big epic battle you don't get a decent reward for it.

No I havnt found any cursed items yet to give to Sofia, during the fight ALL of the dragurs did focus on her but thats mostly cause I kept my distance being a mage. About Scarcity, I think Ima just go through the mod and remove the leveled list alterations for all of the boss chests. Dont want to remove Scarcity entirely as I do enjoy having it so I think this is a nice alternative

No I havnt found any cursed items yet to give to Sofia, during the fight ALL of the dragurs did focus on her but thats mostly cause I kept my distance being a mage. About Scarcity, I think Ima just go through the mod and remove the leveled list alterations for all of the boss chests. Dont want to remove Scarcity entirely as I do enjoy having it so I think this is a nice alternative

The cursed rings are in I think a real stupid place they're in under a bit of foliage near Riverwood took a me a while actually to locate them. If you consult the images on the mod they will point you in the general location

Wrye Bash 307 Beta 2 is known to have issues not loading the main menu if that your issue I suggest trying the older Wrye Bash 307 Beta 1

Hi, this solved the issue for me thanks. Would be nice to have this noted in the guide. Or maybe it is and I didn't payed enough attention, than it's purely my fault.

Hi, this solved the issue for me thanks. Would be nice to have this noted in the guide. Or maybe it is and I didn't payed enough attention, than it's purely my fault.

while it not noted in the guide it is noted a well documented on the Wrye bash nexus page so i didn't see the point I suppose i could add something to the known issues section.

I have not had a look but the ICH patch for LOTd is quite old and probably needs updating i'll take a quick look mightjust be a matter of forwarding the armour from LOTD to the ICH Patch

Edit: Ah right LOTD removed the VMAD from that Armour it sorted out in the CR. So you can do one a 2 things either remove the VMAD from the ICH LOTD patch using xedit or tell Merge Plugins to ignore the error and it should merge OK.

Removing the VMAD resulted in a flawless merge. Thanks for the help