SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

As I now have my setup working again, I'm also doing a full reinstall. I took the opportunity while I had no internet access to do a full windows reinstall and cleanup of the machine.

Thus, I'll be looking at a few changes etc. Will do a full by the book reinstall of the guide as it is and then do a separate install with all the new stuff like V19 LOTD and v2.0 CACO and so on. Will be trying to work out what needs repatching and all that.

Lexy sweetness hi! In regards to CACO v2, besides starting a new game you may wish to consider the mod authors notes: "CACO V2 BETA
You MUST start a new game before installing this file.  Do NOT try to update from a previous version of CACO mid-game.  If you do, it will likely trash your save.

Please understand that this is a beta version.  While the features included in this file are considered complete and should be stable, additional changes that I intend to make prior to fully releasing version 2.0 will likely break any existing saves made while using this beta, and will therefore require you to start another new game

Patches created for previous versions of CACO will need to be updated to account for some of the changes made, particularly the Form ID changes. You will need to wait until patches have been updated for version 2.0 before using them.

If any of these things bother you, then you should avoid using the beta and wait for the final 2.0 version to be released." As v2 is still BETA you may wish to hold off until new full version is released as THAT TOO WILL REQUIRE A NEW GAME

Berndaroy

Nozzer I will likely be a week behind you Darth think the office will be finished by Monday but it won't be painted until next weekend good things the holidays will be over kids back a school a nursery so I will have some free time to catch up and back to a bit of guide maintance as well.

Berndaroy I know all that it formed part of the decision not to change CACO to v2 when it first came out.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Lexy good to know. I wasn't aware of the v.2 version and with all the talk here and else where, i thought to post it here to help others who also may not have been aware of this. My trust is in you, Nozzer and Darth and in any case still having a blast with the guide as is and LOTD 18. Won't consider rebuilding until LOTD v19 is settled, by the way dyndolod been updated (2.30) and a patch for LOTD v19: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11997-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-dyndolod-227/page-14?do=findComment&comment=206464

Berndaroy

Will someone be updating this guide to include the new v19 LOTD?  I started the guide last week and have been working on in it off and on until just recently I reached section 21, "Legacy of the Dragonborn" in the guide and I have no idea what to do at this point.

My friends, this forum is a treasure trove on information, as much as the guide. I was crashing at startup and it took me 2 hours to narrow the problem down to relinker (even reinstalled Legacy, as the problem was surely between the two and unchecking either would allow me to load). So I searched the forum and found the discussion on version 44 of relinker - yes, before I figured out it was written all the time in the guide. Roll-back to version 40 fixed my game :D Thanks for figuring that out, but I'm still curious about the cause and why it's not "universal". I mean, some people get away with v44, right? It's true I installed some extra mods that interact with Legacy (indeed, all of them if I didn't miss any). I'm also unsure as to whether I'm losing some functionality or not. Guess it's time to test and find out! :D

In the process I also read the Legacy forum and realized that many people don't believe Legacy can be played with a 200+ mod build. ;) Way to go, guys.

It's been mentioned before in this thread that the answer is YES, but not immediately.

Use the older version for now and all patches and files therewith.

Will someone be updating this guide to include the new v19 LOTD?  I started the guide last week and have been working on in it off and on until just recently I reached section 21, "Legacy of the Dragonborn" in the guide and I have no idea what to do at this point.

I'm going with version 19.1.1, let's see what happens. Don't recomment it though, if your aim is to build and play the game. Also a lot of core mods are being updated, like CACO. In that case I stuck with version 1.2.

So to be clear, for Legacy, I should use the following files:

• MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core
  • MAIN FILES - DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch v1.16.5

That's fine, but what about the patch central patches?  It says to use:

• MISCELLANEOUS - LOTD Patches Merged
  • OPTIONAL FILES - Optional Mod Patches for Legacy

But there is no LOTD Patches Merged file for version 18. It says on the site:

"Merged patch specifically made for SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn. Guide is HERE v19 compatible."

Is this one ok to use? And do I use the version 18 "Optional Mod Patches for Legacy"?

Thanks again.

So to be clear, for Legacy, I should use the following files:

• MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core
  • MAIN FILES - DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch v1.16.5

That's fine, but what about the patch central patches?  It says to use:

• MISCELLANEOUS - LOTD Patches Merged
  • OPTIONAL FILES - Optional Mod Patches for Legacy

But there is no LOTD Patches Merged file for version 18. It says on the site:

"Merged patch specifically made for SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn. Guide is HERE v19 compatible."

Is this one ok to use? And do I use the version 18 "Optional Mod Patches for Legacy"?

Thanks again.

Looking back at the posts yesterday, it looks like we should just use the LOTD Merged Patch on the patch central page since SirJesto reverted to v1.2 of CACO.  That answers that!

So for the "Optional Mod Patches for Legacy", do i use v18 then?

dwC8gvo.jpg

So about the CWIELnFXPatch.esp ... is this right? looks right to me but the guide said it should be green. :o sorry for asking basic questions but i am new to xEdit.

that looks ok to me.

Looking back at the posts yesterday, it looks like we should just use the LOTD Merged Patch on the patch central page since SirJesto reverted to v1.2 of CACO.  That answers that!

So for the "Optional Mod Patches for Legacy", do i use v18 then?

well I don't know if SirJesto has finally added the Snazzy patch to the merge he provides. If he has then you don't need to use the optional patches if he hasn't the use verison 18 until we update the guide. 

Part way installing this guide and have just installed ICW. Im not sure where to put the Immersive College of Winterhold - No Save on Teleport Script Fix? Is this file merged into ICW file  itself in MO or in root skyrim data file somewhere else? The fix archive contains data/scripts folder and no such filetree in ICW itself so just wanted to double check.