SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I received this when I was settng up the LoTD Req guide.  I also read about this merge error on another forum and it was noted that it had to do with LoTD 19V.   After installing the final 18V the REQ guide was set up for  - I no longer had this issue merging.  

This issue with Aetherial Crown - CCF Improved Artifacts Patch has nothing to do with LotD...did XEdit on vanilla setup and same error?  I did however post another issue earlier that is an LotD issue...wonder if u responded to wrong post??  

Probably can just add both issues I posted to SRLEX-LotD CR...JIC the patches don't get updated.

Trying to do ICH merge and getting this error (in Merge plugins and TES5Edit)...

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [07] ICH - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp
[00:00] ArmorDragonPriestMaskQuicksilverHelmetDBM "Vahlok (replica)" [ARMO:0500FC78]
[00:00]     ARMO \ Armature \ MODL - Model Filename -> [03166B5B]
[00:00] ArmorDragonPriestMaskWoodHelmetWWW2 "Necromancer's Glance" [ARMO:051226C5]
[00:00]     ARMO \ Armature \ MODL - Model Filename -> [031226C4]
[00:00] ArmorDragonPriestMaskQuicksilverHelmet "Vahlok" [ARMO:05166B5A]
[00:00]     ARMO \ Armature \ MODL - Model Filename -> [03166B5B]

[00:00] All Done!

I'm sure I missed something but I just can't figure it out?  Either that or the Imp_helm_legend.esp file we manually download is conflicting with the current version of LotD?  Thx!

yes we know about this it is because of the v19 LOTD update. the Patch needs updating by the mod author if he is still around.

Doing the RDO merge, seems like a discrepancy.  Instructions say to merge...

RDO - CACO Patch.esp RDO - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - Patches
RDO - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp (RDO - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - Patches)
RDO - EFF v4.0.2 Patch.esp (RDO - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - Patches)
RDO - Immersive Horses Patch.esp (RDO - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - Patches)
rdo__sofia.esp (RDO - Patches)

However per install guide, Relationship Dialog Overhaul.esp will be in the same folder as the above ESPs (except rdo_sofia.esp which was downloaded from SRLE Core Pack).  

So...should we be moving the other 4 RDO patches into RDO Patches folder, or hiding the 4 ESPs in the main folder??

ALSO...If an ESM is in the same folder as ESPs that we're merging, I assume that's OK (for example the RS Children merge), or should we be creating a separate ESPs only folder?  Or keep main folder active and hide merged ESPs??

Thx!!

You are probably right the patches need to be placed in a seperate folder.  needs Testing to confirm thou.

The Men of Winter - is the patch for the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal unnecesary or is it included somewhere else like in the NPC retextures CR?

Should part of the merged esp we provide or I sorted it out in the CR again can't fully remember what I did without checking; maybe I should stop offering advice on esp setups without my PC and LOTD build infront of me.

Under the mod for Realistic Animation Project - Movement, does it matter if I choose the feminine styles instead of the neutral styles for the npcs and player only movements?

They need to be neutral styles for NPC's otherwise males will be using Feminie animations and we wouldn't want that would we.

and a note for everyone: my lovely Hubby is home over the weekend for the first time in ages so I will be locking him up in what he laughably calls his Studio/Office until all the mod cons are sorted out like walls, floors, power, lighting, heating. Once the Office part of his new stuido is done I can setup the PC and get back to work. Time to crack the whip on him :bat: .

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Once again another prompt and extremely helpful response from the authors of this awesome guide!  I just want to take this moment to thank the mod authors for doing a phenomenal job.  Very grateful to have something like this.  Takes so much of the stress off of modding Skyrim on your own! (been there, done that!)

I'm such a pixel junky that I had to go back and run BethINI again and start with ultra settings! :P But I did cut back on my beloved flora. I still think the atmosphere of Skyrim Bigger Trees (not Simply Bigger Trees) is unbeatable, especially around Falkreath/Helgen/Riverwood and in the marshes. But I'm trying to go by the guide this time LOL that way if my fps drops I can pin the blame on you guys :P Nope, not with ultra settings.

This mod, EZ2C Dialogue Menu, claims to correct a known skyrim issue whereby if you have mods adding too many dialogue lines to an NPC, not all will be visible/selectable. Well, I've had this problem extensively on my last build and this might be a solution. It seems pointless to have this AND better dialogue controls installed, and I've read the latter's description and it states nothing about addressing the missing dialogue bug. So, I'm giving EZ2C a try on this run and tell you about it.

Forget all of it. I tested it and it failed completely. Instead of fixing missing dialogue, it was itself causing even more dialogue lines to go missing. Back to Better Dialogue Controls.

I experienced this same crash for the first time last week. It was happening consistently as I started a new game selecting the Solitude docks option from Live Another Life and walked up the dock stairs to the road.  I tried several other start locations, but continued to crash as approaching Solitude around the entrance/docks area. Removing DynDOLOD solved the crash problem.

Over the weekend, I have been rebuilding my modlist, running DynDOLOD and testing every 50 mods or so to try to isolate the mod that was causing issues with DynDOLOD. It appears to be Legacy v19. I am using the 2K texture option and the 19.0.8 patch. Once I narrowed in on Legacy v19, I tried to run DynDOLOD on vanilla Skyrim and Legacy, but DynDOLOD freezes before completion every time (with and without the textures and patch).

At this point, I am considering running DynDOLOD without Legacy and anything that depends on it. Legacy is such a great mod and this is such a fantastic guide that it will definitely be worth it to get a stable play through! ::):

You're my hero, that actually worked! Not a single crash since I ran DynDOLOD without the Legacy files!! 

First, thank you so much for all of the effort creating and maintaining this guide and answering people's questions!

I experienced this same crash for the first time last week. It was happening consistently as I started a new game selecting the Solitude docks option from Live Another Life and walked up the dock stairs to the road.  I tried several other start locations, but continued to crash as approaching Solitude around the entrance/docks area. Removing DynDOLOD solved the crash problem.

Over the weekend, I have been rebuilding my modlist, running DynDOLOD and testing every 50 mods or so to try to isolate the mod that was causing issues with DynDOLOD. It appears to be Legacy v19. I am using the 2K texture option and the 19.0.8 patch. Once I narrowed in on Legacy v19, I tried to run DynDOLOD on vanilla Skyrim and Legacy, but DynDOLOD freezes before completion every time (with and without the textures and patch).

At this point, I am considering running DynDOLOD without Legacy and anything that depends on it. Legacy is such a great mod and this is such a fantastic guide that it will definitely be worth it to get a stable play through! ::):

You're my hero, that actually worked! Not a single crash since I ran DynDOLOD without the Legacy files!! 

well if that is the case then could someone inform the LOTD Team on there Nexus page if they are not already aware so they can fix it. It might also be worth Letting Sheson know just in case he needs to push out an update to dyndolod.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Ok so Gutmaw with regarding your RDO merge question I have booted up my external backup drive a taken a quick look at my personal RDO Merge. It looks liked what I did was post merge creation I manually moved Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp into the RDO Merge Folder.

Ahh..didn't think about that option.  Only issue with that is if/when u need to re-do the merge u need to remember to move Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp to the merge folder again...and assuming you copy and pasted it vs cut and pasted  ::P:.   Wondering if it makes sense to choose one consistent method for the guide...if that's even possible??

Thanks again for all your hard work and help!!

Ahh..didn't think about that option.  Only issue with that is if/when u need to re-do the merge u need to remember to move Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp to the merge folder again...and assuming you copy and pasted it vs cut and pasted  ::P:.   Wondering if it makes sense to choose one consistent method for the guide...if that's even possible??

Thanks again for all your hard work and help!!

yes i copied and pasted so i still have the orginals. Yes it does both me a Darth aren't the most consistent of modders really lol we tend to edit the wiki as we are modding probably not the best idea really as it shows our cock ups.

When Darth has the office built and the PC is back up and running I am planning to rebuild our base LOTD from scratch that will mean I have clean slate to work from.

OK think I might need to set out some ground rules concerning Wiki editing. While I really do appreciate it when people correct the spelling and grammar that actaully helps out a lot since both me and Lexy are dyslexic we can't always see these mistakes. Can I please request that mod versions only be changed by either Me, Lexy or Nozzer just in case there is a conflict that requires an update to the CR or we need to add any new special instructions.

Thanks.

OK think I might need to set out some ground rules concerning Wiki editing. While I really do appreciate it when people correct the spelling and grammar that actaully helps out a lot since both me and Lexy are dyslexic we can't always see these mistakes. Can I please request that mod versions only be changed by either Me, Lexy or Nozzer just in case there is a conflict that requires an update to the CR or we need to add any new special instructions.

Thanks.

Is the WIKI open for peer review? I'd seen a few minor mistakes and inconsistencies whilst running through the guide that I could update as I go through again. But definitely agree on leaving any Mod Version changes/updates and installation info to the Authors.

Edited by Elektroshock