SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Ok the office furniture is in the PC is BACK UP and running Darth is having some quality daddy daughter time after hardly seeing his littles ones (and the slightly bigger one) for the last 4 months. This gives mummy some alone time let the rebuild commence.

Edited by DarkladyLexy
  • +1 1

ok have to say done for today progress is good down to NPC Retexture. I have been making notes of mods that need updating possible changes and random thoughts as i go along. I will pass these on to Nozzer when I am done

a number of little changes that i have noticed along my way:

Added:

None

Removed:

None

Updated:

Re-organized the Prerequisites Page for better work flow.

Reverted to Version 40 of Relinker as it is more stable (forgot about this one)

Disable Quick Save (SKSE Plugin)] --> v1.0.1

Verison named change of HD Baskets

removed DOC's Folder from The Ruffled Feather.

Adding missing fomod Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Unofficial Patch

I have a question for you guys (not spoke to Nozzer about this) I know we abandoned it but i am thinking about resurrecting the seperate changelog wiki page but i am in two minds.

also I am thinking of getting rid of NPC Retexture option 1 its a bit of pain to maintain 2 retexture when i don't really use option 1 personally.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I have a question for you guys (not spoke to Nozzer about this) I know we abandoned it but i am thinking about resurrecting the seperate changelog wiki page but i am in two minds.

also I am thinking of getting rid of NPC Retexture option 1 its a bit of pain to maintain 2 retexture when i don't really use option 1 personally.

1.  whatever changelog is easiest to maintain...both are easy to use.  Having two changelogs may get dicey...wasn't sure if you meant just one or the other?

2.  Agree...one NPC retex option is the way to go for several reasons, and option 2 is far superior imho.  

Also, take a look at animations section.  I was having some issues there (per Crash Fixes) and wondering if it's cuz we have too many in the guide, or conflicts?  

1. I think the standard changelog that you abandoned may be less informative, but is easier to look through. I would suggest resurrecting that one, as well.

2. I love retex option 1 for the simple installation and the hassle-free mods. It is definitely my go-to, even though the second one might look lightyears better. I don't know about the taxation on your system, though. (I am using an inferior VGA so I need to keep this in mind.)

1.  whatever changelog is easiest to maintain...both are easy to use.  Having two changelogs may get dicey...wasn't sure if you meant just one or the other?

2.  Agree...one NPC retex option is the way to go for several reasons, and option 2 is far superior imho.  

Also, take a look at animations section.  I was having some issues there (per Crash Fixes) and wondering if it's cuz we have too many in the guide, or conflicts?  

1. the first changelog we use i basicaly automated so we would only really be manually maintaining one.

2. Yes i be option 2 as that is the one i personally use.

Interesting when i last played 3 months ago didn't have any issues with animations or messages from Crash fixes.

ok have to say done for today progress is good down to NPC Retexture. I have been making notes of mods that need updating possible changes and random thoughts as i go along. I will pass these on to Nozzer when I am done

a number of little changes that i have noticed along my way:

Added:

None

Removed:

None

Updated:

Re-organized the Prerequisites Page for better work flow.

Reverted to Version 40 of Relinker as it is more stable (forgot about this one)

Disable Quick Save (SKSE Plugin)] --> v1.0.1

Verison named change of HD Baskets

removed DOC's Folder from The Ruffled Feather.

Adding missing fomod Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Unofficial Patch

There are a few parts of the guide that are a bit confusing. Would it help for people to point out areas that may need a little more explanation? Another thing I am wondering is why it is so important to not install the doc folders? It seems like there must be some important reason but I can't figure it out?

There are a few parts of the guide that are a bit confusing. Would it help for people to point out areas that may need a little more explanation? Another thing I am wondering is why it is so important to not install the doc folders? It seems like there must be some important reason but I can't figure it out?

This guide was originally aimed at more experienced modders but i do get that there are those finding it and have zero modding skills. We do assume users have at least done some background reading/video watching Gamerpoets would be any new modders first port of call but with that said i am open to suggestions on making area less confusing. I know i am not always the best at explaining and expressing what is in my head ^_^.

Doc's folders and txt files usually just contain readmes a thus useless and fill up space on ones HHD most users don't bother to read those anyway.

Lexy hi! Lovely to have you back up and running. Congrats to "THE MAN" on epic refurbishing/redecorating of your office, and yes time to put the feet up and enjoy the girls. Might i suggest the flin this time, as moon sugar and skoomer tend to have a negative side effects, that leave you drained and fatigued, with bad with-drawn symptoms of hand shaking and wanting more :woot: ...all for the love of a game LOL. Any way hope you had a good time resting enjoying Mr Root and co, and best regards to Darth and family

Berndaroy

Bah, Lexy gets all those likes for saying her computer's back up and working and I didn't get a single one? No one loves me...

As for confusing, well we apologise, but the guide's set towards a more experienced modder. It's going to stay that way. You can make suggestions, sure, but don't expect them to 100% for sure be implemented. Cause they may not be.

Edited by Nozzer66
  • +1 3

This guide was originally aimed at more experienced modders but i do get that there are those finding it and have zero modding skills.

That was me. I never even tried the main STEP. Modding for me was throwing mods at the mod manager and activating them. A friend at nexus challenged me to try out Neovalen's guide (which I did, a few months ago). Obviously, his guide was then already outdated, many files were unavailable or had been upgraded to more recent versions, so after losing a few days I googled around and found a post of yours mentioning three guides, based on Neo's, which I checked. I settled here because I read each of the fora and wiki history and thought that this was the most active one (after the trauma of trying to follow Neo's alone, that was the key thing). Good choice!

And despite its advanced requirements, this guide and you people put us in the way of learning the needed new stuff, if one can take a hint and google the rest.

Btw, my friend from nexus lives in the Gulf coast and I haven't got news of him since Saturday, I hope everything's ok...

Bah, Lexy gets all those likes for saying her computer's back up and working and I didn't get a single one? No one loves me...

I will always love you.

Btw, my friend from nexus lives in the Gulf coast and I haven't got news of him since Saturday, I hope everything's ok...

I hope your friend is OK and it only a power cut.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

As for confusing, well we apologise, but the guide's set towards a more experienced modder. It's going to stay that way. You can make suggestions, sure, but don't expect them to 100% for sure be implemented. Cause they may not be.

+1

You guys are great.

Question: ENPCO makes a lot of changes that get undone by the npc's CR. For example, Vilkas gets 58 perks added by ENPCO while the CR sets the perk count back to 12 (and not the same perks). Is this meant for balancing the game or maybe I did something wrong with my setup? I did leave Ordinator out but I don't think it's related, there are no unresolved references, just a different set of perks. The same goes for Farkas, Aela and probably others (I'm going through them all right now).

+1

You guys are great.

Question: ENPCO makes a lot of changes that get undone by the npc's CR. For example, Vilkas gets 58 perks added by ENPCO while the CR sets the perk count back to 12 (and not the same perks). Is this meant for balancing the game or maybe I did something wrong with my setup? I did leave Ordinator out but I don't think it's related, there are no unresolved references, just a different set of perks. The same goes for Farkas, Aela and probably others (I'm going through them all right now).

that's because i decided data for skills and levels and things should come from Enhanced skyrim factions and not endgame npc overhaul. Others may disagree with me on that.

I love you all. As for having the guide set up towards an experienced modder, I wouldn't have it any other way.  This guide has forced me out of my comfort zone and made me feel like a more experienced modder (though I know there is still so much to learn). No longer will I be simply tossing in some mods and hoping for the best. Finished the guide last night and looking forward to a short test run tonight! 

that's because i decided data for skills and levels and things should come from Enhanced skyrim factions and not endgame npc overhaul. Others may disagree with me on that.

Great to know! I did without ESF, which you may find strange but it's about the way I play the game. I'm having as much fun collecting fossils and shells for the museum as I was getting bored with the grinding to raise in the companions. 24 quests is way too much for me in a game modded with so much additional gameplay content. The quests start repeating themselves soon enough. Maybe I could just have chosen the vanilla option in the MCM but then I thought I could lighten the load on this build and left ESF out. I added just about every mod that's currently supported in the Dragonborn Museum, so I had to make choices. And I actually added a mod to bring the total number of thieves guild quests needed from 125 to 25... 

Edited by godescalcus