SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I've just started to follow SRLE and came to the forums to ask some questions when I saw this thread.

Now I'm in doubt, should I continue to follow SRLE or it's better to stick with LotD?

I'm finished the setup up and installed the User Interfaces enhancements, would start World of Skyrim now.

Never liked the forts from Spice of Life, personally.  The mixing and matching of textures was a neat idea but the result was just weird looking, to me at least.  The barrels were cool though.

well everything in modding is about personal taste   :^_^:  that's why there aren't two with the same modlist 100%

I've just started to follow SRLE and came to the forums to ask some questions when I saw this thread.

Now I'm in doubt, should I continue to follow SRLE or it's better to stick with LotD?

I'm finished the setup up and installed the User Interfaces enhancements, would start World of Skyrim now.

SRLE was not updated in a long time. This LOTD guide is up to date. It's up to you what you like.

Edited by paul666root

well everything in modding is about personal taste   :^_^:  that's why there aren't two with the same modlist 100%

SRLE was not updated in a long time. This LOTD guide is up to date. It's up to you what you like.

Hey Paul, thanks for the answer.

So, I was thinking that when I started, some mods have newer versions and some files that the author recommends are dead links (I registered for this reason, was ask if someone have the autoload inventory disable for EFF since the dropbox link is off).

But overall, the guide seems very matured and the majority of the mods there are in the same version that the author suggests.

I think I will stick with LOTD and see if I have to restart everything, you think it's necessary or I could work around it since this new one is based on SRLE?

Hey Paul, thanks for the answer.

So, I was thinking that when I started, some mods have newer versions and some files that the author recommends are dead links (I registered for this reason, was ask if someone have the autoload inventory disable for EFF since the dropbox link is off).

All of those broken mod links from SRLE Base to Neo's Dropbox can now be found on the SRLE Extended LOTD Nexus Page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77331/? there all in the MISCELLANEOUS Section.

• +1 1

Just wondering why half of the mountains and grasses show up as redundant in MO when directions are followed exactly?

If they're going to show redundant, what's the point of installing them?

Yes. I payed careful attention to install order, directions to delete specific files, and directions to alter load order in the left pane. 

As experienced of a modder and as detailed of instructions as you give... you think you'd notice when the redundant icon is lit up in the flags column...

How difficult would it be to remove certain enemy types from this load order? I've been having a really hard time playing because I have really bad arachnophobia and the chaurus trigger it as well as the spiders. I want to remove them and replace them with something else so I can play more, at the moment as soon as I hit a chaurus cave (almost all of them) I have to quit playing because it's too much for me.

I saw this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26468. How complicated would installing this be? SIC adds one charus which can be disabled in the MCM, does High Level Enemies add enemies too?

Just wondering why half of the mountains and grasses show up as redundant in MO when directions are followed exactly?

If they're going to show redundant, what's the point of installing them?

Yes. I payed careful attention to install order, directions to delete specific files, and directions to alter load order in the left pane. 

As experienced of a modder and as detailed of instructions as you give... you think you'd notice when the redundant icon is lit up in the flags column...

What mods are show as redundant for you? cos for me there are none I have no redundant flag in my MO.

How difficult would it be to remove certain enemy types from this load order? I've been having a really hard time playing because I have really bad arachnophobia and the chaurus trigger it as well as the spiders. I want to remove them and replace them with something else so I can play more, at the moment as soon as I hit a chaurus cave (almost all of them) I have to quit playing because it's too much for me.

I saw this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26468. How complicated would installing this be? SIC adds one charus which can be disabled in the MCM, does High Level Enemies add enemies too?

I believe it does yes but i would say gave that mod a try and make sure it loads near the bottom of your load order so it overwrite things.

So is spice of life going to be back with the exception of forts?

I am honestly not to fussed about Spice of life at this stage I am happy to leave this one in Nozzer's court.

Omgitskae hi! If you do use insects begone please be aware that if you are following SRLE Ext LOTD build, you will have to rebuild the LOTD Patch merged yourself, and include the patch for begone insects found in the Legacy of the Dragonborn patch collection fomod. I think (and i may be wrong) it addresses the unique spiders found in Moonpath to Elsweyr that is built into Legacy of the Dragonborn. Hope that this helps a little

Berndaroy

it could must be honest I don't understand Parallax textures that well. there might be some overwrites from another mod which needs looking at.

Cool thanks for the advice, I do remember one oddity about my build that i wanted to ask about and might be related. Once I created the bashed patch, I loaded it in xEdit and check it for errors. I saw quite a few null references for World edits, and removed all of them. Also in order to run DyndoLOD without errors I had to disable the bashed patch before I ran it. Is any of this normal? Thanks again!

Cool thanks for the advice, I do remember one oddity about my build that i wanted to ask about and might be related. Once I created the bashed patch, I loaded it in xEdit and check it for errors. I saw quite a few null references for World edits, and removed all of them. Also in order to run DyndoLOD without errors I had to disable the bashed patch before I ran it. Is any of this normal? Thanks again!

I don't think the Null References are anything major to worry about as there actually from the base game. As for DynDoLod I didn't have any issue but I believe Sheson did say something about disabling the Bash Patch before run DynDoLod.