SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Wondering if anyone can comment on Better Vampires / Sacrosanct and the patch to make them work together;  my concern is the sheer amount of overlap between the two mods, and that vampires might become over powered / too many abilities.  

Vanilla vampires definitely need some help and I like that Sacrosanct touches on Vampire Lord perks... but using both mods seems like overkill.  They both do so much though it's hard to tell just by reading the pages how they work out together.  My instinct is to use one or the other and I'm leaning towards BV, but yeah Vampire Lord perks...

I do have some weird system issues, playing on Bootcamp on MBPtouch. Vanilla Skyrim has missing audio (weapon sheath/swings, spells, shouts, music, ...) when installed on the Bootcamp partition, but it works when installed on an external disk. It still worked halfway the guide, but when I installed over 250 mods, I could no longer test the audio until doing all the merges, and that's too late to pinpoint the error I probably made.

Easiest way now is to disable AOS & Lucidity, I can live with that :)

Thanks for the intel! You too Alkira.

I'd be looking at your drivers, personally, and whatever you're using for output. Check it's all set up ok in the Control Panel and use the tests to ensure it's OK.

I am tempted by Sacrosant but i am also too lazy to pull out Better vampires.

I went ahead and used Sacrosanct from the get go along with Dark Maneuvers and the respective patch, Better vampires is too grindy for me. I used DM with SS because that way you can make followers into Vampires. I also went with Better Vampire NPCs which overwrites AAE changes to Vamps. So far no problems. I had to do some patching between Your Own Thoughts and SS though. To those using both SS and BV, BVs patch basically cuts out all of SSs gameplay. So you will get SSs spells with the grindy experience of BV. Not to knock it, it just is not my bag.

Edited by DiscipleDarkfriend

I must admit i have never actually played a Vampire character so I am not overly familiar with Better Vampires gameplay. We basically kept BV's because that what SRLE Base had but we never changed it. But anything by Enai Siaion is worthy of consideration and yes it is on my Radar for testing. I really should create second character to test out some Vampire gameplay it just getting the motivation to do that lol.

I do think it should be either Sacrosanct or Better Vampires not both.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Hmmmm.  

I set my game up generally as a long-run type thing.  Too much cool power stuff too quickly results in a lack of challenge, and then a lack of interest on my part shortly after.  

I always had BV in my setup but never played a vampire with it, other than little bits to test.  The options in the MCM always appealed to me though and it seemed like it would suit what I'm looking for, which is why I'm leaning that way, personally.  

The mini quest to drain important NPC's and the Vampire Lord perk tree though in SS seem pretty awesome.  

My impression though is that SS is a little bit more about cool powers than it is about the sense of progression that BV has.

Dammit.

Nozzer if i may! Have you created the options page yet or have i missed the link again, as i did with the suggestion page that Lexy kindly pointed me too? No biggy and no pressure from me, just curious, all my best

Berndaroy

As far as I am aware no he hasn't (unless he kept it quite).