SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Thanks mate.

regarding FC, I had deactivated it in the left pane initially, but when I saw it on that list (https://wiki.step-pro...nborn#Wrye_Bash) I reactivated it for the patch since I assumed its presence there meant it was needed.  So, if I understand you, I should not have reactivated it for the Bashed Patch and need to rebuild without it.  Wouldn't the reminder about the bash tags in Faction Crossbows be better right before the section about the Merge Plugins standalone, if we're not going to use Faction Crossbows.esp on its own after that?

yes remove Fraction crossbow and rebuild your Bash Patch. The Table was always only meant to be reference for tags that were added throughout the guide but i suppose a Fraction Crossbows idiot check could be added to the merge page instead and removed from that table so it doesn't create confusion again I'll put that to the wife. I know i am the ordinal author but she will moan at me if change to much lol got to keep this misses happy.

Great seeing you popping in now and again Darth....considered ditching retirement yet lol. Has the modding bug started biting again, hands tremble in anticipation, longing for another shot of skooma, or are you content to remain in the shadows like our grand master Neovalen, keeping a wary eye over proceedings....all my best

Berndaroy

Great seeing you popping in now and again Darth....considered ditching retirement yet lol. Has the modding bug started biting again, hands tremble in anticipation, longing for another shot of skooma, or are you content to remain in the shadows like our grand master Neovalen, keeping a wary eye over proceedings....all my best

Berndaroy

I am quite content being in the shadow and mostly a silent. I am actually playing the Witcher 3 again my modding skills are very rusty followed the Grand Masters guide cocked it up Lexy kicked me off and fixed in about 2 minutes cos I missed something really obvious.

From a fresh install of the Faction Crossbows mod, Wrye Bash's Bash Tags box isn't showing anything, so I couldn't "remove" them that way - I went into LOOT and edited the Metadata to remove both of those tags.  Hopefully that's the right way to do it?

In the Merge list, when it says underneath "Bash Tag Update Required", does that mean add the listed tags or remove them?  Or is it conditional?  For example, the WEAPONS & ARMORS MERGE from https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Merges_Page#WEAPONS_.26_ARMORS_MERGE

Edited by alphakay1488

From a fresh install of the Faction Crossbows mod, Wrye Bash's Bash Tags box isn't showing anything, so I couldn't "remove" them that way - I went into LOOT and edited the Metadata to remove both of those tags.  Hopefully that's the right way to do it?

In the Merge list, when it says underneath "Bash Tag Update Required", does that mean add the listed tags or remove them?  Or is it conditional?  For example, the WEAPONS & ARMORS MERGE from https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Merges_Page#WEAPONS_.26_ARMORS_MERGE

Whenever we say you need to update the Bash Tag it mean you need to add them to the esp through Wrye Bash before making the Bash Patch. I'll get Lexy to double check Faction Crossbows cos again that might be old info that needs removing.

From the guide: "If a mod is marked "NoMerge", simply uncheck the box next to it then click [Ok]. This will deactivate the mod files not marked "NoMerge" and they will be merged into the bashed patch."

In my popup:

"The following mods should be deactivated prior to building the patch:
Mergeable:
   Khajiit Ears Show
   No More Dragon LODs
   The Great Equalizer
Mergable, but tagged 'NoMerge'
   WM Trap Fixes

Unlike what the guide says, when I click the box next to WM Trap Fixes to uncheck it, it does not 'deactivate the mod files not marked "NoMerge"'.  I understand I need to uncheck WM Trap Fixes, but do I also uncheck the other three?

Hey Lexy (and Darth, good to see ya!),

As I continue updating, I noticed that the Legacy of the Dragonborn - Patch Central - DSR Patch is labelled as 19.1.6, but should be 19.1.7.

Also (you probably already know, but), just a heads-up that Cutting Room Floor updated to v2.07 and Undeath Classical Lichdom updated to v4.75. Both decent size updates, it looks like.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Hey Lexy (and Darth, good to see ya!),

As I continue updating, I noticed that the Legacy of the Dragonborn - Patch Central - DSR Patch is labelled as 19.1.6, but should be 19.1.7.

Also (you probably already know, but), just a heads-up that Cutting Room Floor updated to v2.07 and Undeath Classical Lichdom updated to v4.75. Both decent size updates, it looks like.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Aaaannnd time to start over hahahaha :)

Everything before https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn#.5BUndeath.5D should be the same, right?

Aaaannnd time to start over hahahaha :)

Everything before https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn#.5BUndeath.5D should be the same, right?

No need to start over, lol. That's the beauty of MO - each folder is kept separately (so nothing is ever permanently overwritten and lost), and you can mimic installation order with priority order. Just drag and drop the mod in the left pane.

When updating a mod, I usually note what priority number it is, untick it, remove it, then install the new one, move it into place and tick it. If you do this as one single step it will even keep the plugin in the same spot as it was before (not that that is really necessary with LOOT and the proper LOOT rules).

I mean, you will have to clean Undeath Classical Lichdom again, per those instructions. But that's not a big deal.

Personally, if I were you, I would wait to update until you are done installing everything. With the Skyrim modding community still as active as it is, and the guide as extensive as it is, you're almost guaranteed to have to update a bunch of mods you already installed by the time you are done the guide. Thankfully, Darth, Lexy and co. keep a handy Changelog that you can refer to. Maybe updating as you go is better for you, who knows, lol. But, definitely at least wait until it is updated in the guide in case there end up being special instructions.

Okay, implying I needed to uninstall Steam and delete my MO folder was a bit of hyberbole, ja :) But there is plenty of ambiguity regarding whether to install main files, updates, hotfixes, optional files, miscellaneous files, and old versions as separate, merged, or somewhere in between - with a few exceptions, that's left up to the individual to choose, and sometimes even when there is a specific way to do it the directions don't say that.  I will keep monitoring the changelog, Darth's plugin and mod lists, etc.  Ron Hiler's guide was somewhat helpful at least to see someone do it step by step but so much has changed in the last two years, even more than just mod version updates.

At least I know all this uninstalling and reinstalling is making me more familiar with it?

Besides, once I have a full baseline install of SRLEELOTD (well, two, because of the mods that are Player-Character-gender specific), if I wanted to add any mods, like, say, a follower, I'd have to do a large portion of the build over again anyway, since any mod that affects followers and all mods that affect that mod, and the merges it and all of its dependents are part of, have to be redone, and the xEdit scripts have to be rerun, bashed patches re-created, etc.

Like with Undeath Classical here, since the three Undeaths have to be cleaned simultaneously (in same xEdit session), I have to reinstall all of them, plus all Undeath patches, plus all merges based on the Undeath mods or their patches, plus re-run any scripts that included Undeath mods/patches, the TexGens/DynDOLODs, etc.  I'm not complaining, it's a learning experience.

Edited by alphakay1488

Like with Undeath Classical here, since the three Undeaths have to be cleaned simultaneously (in same xEdit session), I have to reinstall all of them, plus all Undeath patches, plus all merges based on the Undeath mods or their patches, plus re-run any scripts that included Undeath mods/patches, the TexGens/DynDOLODs, etc.  I'm not complaining, it's a learning experience.

Why would you have to reinstall all of them? You already cleaned them!

The update to classical lichdom just means you have to download the new classical lichdom esp, and reclean that. 

You wont have to rebuild any merge or rerun any script unless the changelog points out record changes which may conflict with the values of your old patch/merge. Even then you can just load it all up in xedit and port the conflicting edits to your old patch/merge.

Rerunning texgen/dyndolod is wholly unnecesssary unless the update changes things LOD/landscape wise.

Edited by ConnerRia