Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini are identical?!?

JUNKdeLUXE

Question

Did I **** something up?

I was installing the Enhanced Shaders ENB, when I realised that both Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini are identical... are they supposed to? and if so why in the hell are there 2 identical files? Is this the same for Skyrim?

6 answers to this question

This is one reason that I created my INI mods, major nonsense like this in default INI generation. No, they should not be identical, but they largely will be if you create your INI files via the Launcher. This is how Bugthesda rigged Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, so it is perfectly normal.

Or you can download my beta app and use it to generate sensible INIs.

Indeed.. but will I gain anything from using fINIp? besides peace of mind and knowing this is set up correctly. Does fINIp add stability? Performance? Graphic Fidelity? or something else?

I'd rather not toy with it too much, now that I've finally got New Vegas up and running, unless I get a benefit from 'toying' with it :)

Edited by JUNKdeLUXE

fINIp NV Absolutely adds Performance and Stability.  Please don't skip it JUNKIEdeLUXE!  It's definitely worth doing :D

An example from me would be loading up the pip boy and Vats don't Lag nearly as much as it did b4 I used it.  Other small hitching/stuttering (I feel) was cured with it also.  Your choice ofc :)