New AO functionality for AMD vs nV-AO

Hi Guys,

theres a new possibility to get Ambient Occlusion for AMD users, other than ENBs (which is a lot weaker in my opinion than nVidias).

See here: https://imgur.com/a/lMhri#32

You can download the neccessary tool here:

https://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Downloads/Preview.aspx

Thread at Guru3d: https://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322031

If we could get some comparison done, between nV-AO Amd-AO and ENB-AO, it would be awesome.

I hope I can post some first AMD-AO shots later today.

I'd love to know if using AO with AMD is cheaper performance-wise than ENB. I have to turn it off in the ENB because it kills my fps. I doubt AMD would give me AO without losing FPS' date=' but I'm hoping it is better for me than ENB's AO.[/quote']

I don't take more tha a 1-2 FPS hit for AO via ENB, but it really is useless on AMD IMO. I just see not real diff with or without, so I am hoping to at least see the AO effect this way :dry:

It's such a small change that you wouldn't even realize was missing if you didn't see the shots. The biggest change in on the vegetation which it adds depth and a sense of density to them.

It's such a small change that you wouldn't even realize was missing if you didn't see the shots. The biggest change in on the vegetation which it adds depth and a sense of density to them.
That's exactly what I noticed as well. I also noticed a few extra shadows, but they were so minimal it was hard to notice.

That's exactly what I noticed as well. I also noticed a few extra shadows, but they were so minimal it was hard to notice.
What AO functionality do you refer to? nVs, RadeonPros or the ENB AO?

What AO functionality do you refer to? nVs, RadeonPros or the ENB AO? I really try to get Skyrim The best optical fit and Im still unsere wether to get a nV-GPU specifically for their AO.

After looking into this some more, I remember now that I used RadeonPro a while back for Oblivion and Morrowind; however, I don't think this plays nicely with ENB, so it is probably an either/or situation for people that want an alternative to ENB. It may be possible to get them to work together, but I am pretty sure that Boris will tell you otherwise. (it would not work with SkyRealism on my system after a cursory trial).

It DOES integrate with SweetFX though, which is another interesting caveat.

What AO functionality do you refer to? nVs, RadeonPros or the ENB AO? I really try to get Skyrim The best optical fit and Im still unsere wether to get a nV-GPU specifically for their AO.
I'm referring to the shots above in my statement which is RadeonPRO AO.