NVInteriors file hidden until further notice

randombaggins

Question

11 answers to this question

looks like chucksteel, author of the NVinterior mod(s), removed his mod for good, because of modtheft on the bethesda page.

I would suggest you just skip everything regarding NVinteriors Project ("NVInteriors Rewritten" by Mono and "A Room with A View" by chucksteel himself)

Check the TTW site to see if his work is available there.

I was able to get all but the NMC compatability patch file from that website. Thanks for the tip. Everything seems to be working fine, and by everything I mean Goodsprings.

Edited by randombaggins

I moved NVInteriors right below ElectroCity after installing it. I had already installed virtually every mod F&L calls for before I took a look at the TTW website. Hopefully this is fine. I still have not ran the LODGen or optimized textures. Looking to clear a few things up before I proceed. Like I said all mods have been installed and the game is loading and looks great.

MO says I am missing these masters

• Project Nevada - WMX.esp
  • WMX-DLCMerged.esp

Since I followed the instructions pretty well (I think) I just wanted to ask if I need those masters activated. MO is telling me the game will crash without them. So far no crashes (In Goodsprings), but I'm not experienced enough to know if MO is saying the game will crash upon loading or if it will crash when I reach a point in the game that needs those masters.

There are a few more plugins that aren't activated but since I feel like I followed the instructions decent enough I want to run it by you guys.

• DeadMoneyFemaleTuxedo.esp
  • boa ncrpahelmet.esp
  • Boacombat2glove.esp
  • WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
  • WMX-EVE-ALLDLCMerged.esp
  • WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
  • FNV TTW RWLE - NVBII Patch.esp
  • I haven't ran a bashed patch yet either.

Currently sitting on 8 warnings, 3 errors (all relating to the Project NV and WMX files above), 114 active plugins, 6 dirty plugins (5 from the DLC and 1 from NewVegasBountiesII.esp telling me it contains 2 deleted navmeshes), and 124 total plugins.

Should I clean the DLC and the NVB2.esp? Do I have close to the right amount of active/total plugins? Figured I would post in here and wait awhile for a response before making a new thread. Looking forward to getting this up and running. Game is running much smoother than my failed attempt at STEP, but that was mainly a hardware problem. Hopefully the LODGen and texture optimization don't effect my performance that much.

Edit: Made a character and spawned on the West side of New Vegas and the inside of buildings would bug out and in a good portion of rooms there would be a large bright red uhhhmm shape? Turned off NVInteriors and this seemed to fix the problem on a new character. Looks like I will be needing that compatibility pack :/. What prompted my search for NVInteriors on TTW website was that when I had finished downloading mods I tried the LODGen portion but it wouldn't let me proceed without a NVInteriors file. Honestly the game looks great and is running smoothly so far. How much am I missing out on without NVInteriors and the LODGen+Texture Optimization (a lot probably haha)?

Edited by randombaggins

Project Nevada - WMX.esp is from Project Nevada Patches and WMX-DLCMerged.esp is from Weapon Mods Expanded - WMX. You should have both of those installed if you followed the instructions correctly. If you're missing masters the game will crash on startup.

What do you mean more plugins that aren't activated? Are these plugins you haven't installed, or that aren't ticked at the moment? You can tick everything before you make the Bashed Patch and let WB deactivate all it needs to (the reactivate the two nomerge plugins).

No need to clean the DLC, YUP handles those ITMs now. NVB2 you should clean, but you cannot clean deleted navmeshes, that is just poorly done by the author and needs to fixed manually. That takes a lot of time though. I speak from experience as I took over development on an abandoned mod which had an abundance of deleted navmeshes. What they do is cause a crash if any other mod tries to move them (or do anything else to them) so you might not experience a problem with them at all.

Texture optimization won't hurt your performance. It will most likely improve it slightly. FNVLODGen doesn't have an impact either as far as I'm aware, as all it does is make sure the different additional LOD models are compatible with each other.

Check the TTW site to see if his work is available there.

It's on ModDb as well, but if the author feels he needs to hide his files to make a point that I agree with him on, I'll follow his stance and not download them from anywhere else as well.

Chucksteel is on strike because of the Bethesda.net BS on Fallout4, and just started a small boycott movement on the author's community. He's taking the "other" approach than Darren (i.e. he is keeping his head cool, just a regular strike). 

His mods will be back whenever the situation improve (or he get tired of it):

vqBLUzS.png

Just to clear any potential confusion, the update he's talking about is most likely for FO4, not FNV (but who knows..? :P)

Edited by Kesta