Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

When I have mods that are merged, I try to group them together in the left pane of MO because I like to type (Merged, Do Not Use) next to them. That way I know which mods are in a merge with a mod that I may have just updated.

​

Just a thought, it seems to work for me. But you could create a new category in MO without a parent ID. I named mine DaM ( Disable after Merge ) and tagged any installed mod, patch or otherwise that requires so with it. It will allow you to quickly get an overview of 'to merge mods', and show you at a glance if you have disabled them all.

I suppose everyone creates their own categories in time and that might be a reason none of the guides includes a setup.

But I do think SR-LE - revisited / extended and STEP Main are setup pretty forward in their classification for them to allow a suggested mod category lay-out at the top of their pages.

If the parent ID is used correctly you can layer the mod list just like any of the guides.

0bff9210a3.jpg

0c00490048.jpg

• +1 3

Just a thought, it seems to work for me. But you could create a new category in MO without a parent ID. I named mine DaM ( Disable after Merge ) and tagged any installed mod, patch or otherwise that requires so with it. It will allow you to quickly get an overview of 'to merge mods', and show you at a glance if you have disabled them all.

I suppose everyone creates their own categories in time and that might be a reason none of the guides includes a setup.

But I do think SR-LE - revisited / extended and STEP Main are setup pretty forward in their classification for them to allow a suggested mod category lay-out at the top of their pages.

If the parent ID is used correctly you can layer the mod list just like any of the guides.

0bff9210a3.jpg

0c00490048.jpg

OMG why I have never throught about this. this is genius and will make life so much easier.

Edit: I have just added a new section to the SRLE Extened Guide showing how to do this it may of course need tweaking.

Edited by Darth_mathias

0bff9210a3.jpg

0c00490048.jpg

Excellent Idea. Thank you. Now that I have done this I really wish Neo will resort those few mods

Edited by Razorsedge877

I really need help with Witcher 3 guide (sorry but i don't know where else to post this)

I can't seem to work this out: If you use Mod Organizer to handle nxm links for other games: uncheck all file association options in the installer then configure Mod Organizers nxmhander to point to NMM for witcher3.

I'm using MO for Skyrim but i can't seem to work out to register Witcher 3 for nxm links.

I've added in nxmhandler.exe  this line:

other     .....\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusClient.exe

clicked register active but still when i click on the nexus mods to download with nmm it says that this game is not registered for nxm links

now it only works if i make NMM handle nxm links but then MO won't work

please help me work them both ?

PS i use Chrome as browser.

Paul you can fin Neo's Witcher 3 forum here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/8911-w3r-the-wild-hunt-revisited-witcher-3/page-10?hl=%2Bwitcher&do=findComment&comment=167684 I am in the process of updating evrything for the lastest DLC now.

but here you go:

1. Install Nexus Mod Manager with file associations all turned off in the installer.

2. Run nxmhandler.exe in your Mod Organizer directory.

3. Right click a blank spot and select "Add".

4. Select "Other" then point it to Nexus Mod Manager (NexusClient.exe) and click [OK].

5. Double click "Other" in the main window and rename it to witcher3.

6. Enjoy. If for some reason it doesn't work, click [Register Active] to make sure this is the nxm handler in use.

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1

How do I fix this while running dyndoLOD

[00:14:36.502] Missing models were ignored by DynDOLOD. The original mod may still try to use them, which can cause CTD.
[00:14:36.511] 
[00:14:36.520] 5A00B7D6 Missing model "meshes\prometheus\architecture\statuessnow\mehrunesdagonsnow.nif" - ignoring Prom_ShrineMehrunes01_Snow [sTAT:5A00B7D6] in NSUTR - Merged.esp for dynamic LOD
[00:14:36.529] 
[00:14:36.538] 
[00:14:36.547] (1) Verify that all required BSA files are loaded.
[00:14:36.556] MO archive management is incompatible with many 3rd party tools like xEdit and consequently DynDOLOD.exe.
[00:14:36.565] Check this startup log on top, to make sure BSA files are loaded via a matching esp filename.
[00:14:36.574] 
[00:14:36.583] (2) Mods often have left over base elements referencing non existing nifs.
[00:14:36.593] Look up the reported form ids mentioned above in xEdit.
[00:14:36.602] Right click in left pane, Other -> Build Reference Info. Wait for 'All done!' message.
[00:14:36.611] Reload the record and check bottom for tab 'Referenced By'.
[00:14:36.620] If the tab is missing the base element, it is not used by any references and this error can be ignored.
[00:14:36.629] Otherwise install the missing nif and generate LOD again if LOD for this object is desired.
[00:14:36.638] Missing nifs can cause CTD if a reference tries to use them. Notify the author of the mod.
[00:14:36.647] DynDOLOD Worlds completed successfully.

Edited by Razorsedge877

Seems that you are missing statuessnow\mehrunesdagonsnow.nif make sure you got that

Copy and rename:

meshes/clutter/Mehrunes/shrinemehrunes01.nif -> meshes/prometheus/architecture/statuessnow/mehrunesdagonsnow.nif

This is from Stuning statues os skyrim. Have u done this?

Edited by paul666root

On the topic of custom MO categories, I've gone ahead and edited MO's default categories.dat to include the SRLE categories. It has some extra ones of my own but all the default SRLE categories are present.

You can find it at https://pastebin.com/hSFFZkMP

Format of the data is as follows:

MO Cat ID|Category Name|Nexus Category ID|Parent MO Category ID

If you've not added your own custom categories, you can just open up the categories.dat in your mod organiser folder and replace its contents with those of my pastebin. If you have you've got some renumbering to do.

Can i ask has anyone used sounds of skyrim as opposed to audio overhaul and have any views? I have looked at sound comparison of the 2 mods and personally prefer SOS but am concerned it has not been updated for some time whereas AOS is more updated and has patches. Is AOS likely to be safer/more stable?