Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

Dear Neovalen. Thank you for the excellent mod list and clear instructions. Once everything was completed, I had some issues with FPS, but your recommendations for DynDOLOD and the Skyrim.ini filed cleared them up completely. Later today I am going to install the following because I do enjoy them in a playthrough.

1. SPERG or Ordinator

2. Imperious - Races of Skyrim

3. Wintermyst

Any opinion on the above or preference? Also, anything I should watch out for in the installation? I have used everything before (except Ordinator) and they seem to be noninvasive; but truthfully you brought up some items on some mods that I never knew until I followed your installation.  Thanks. Again, excellent work!

Added:

Revamped Assets Skyrim (Replacement For Revamped Alchemy Lab HD)

Modified:

Embers HD (For Revamped Assets Skyrim Changes)

Removed:

Revamped Alchemy Lab HD (Out of Date)

Thank you for these updates. I follow the history page but would have missed two of the updates if it wasn't for this posting.

Dear Neovalen. Thank you for the excellent mod list and clear instructions. Once everything was completed, I had some issues with FPS, but your recommendations for DynDOLOD and the Skyrim.ini filed cleared them up completely. Later today I am going to install the following because I do enjoy them in a playthrough.

1. SPERG or Ordinator

2. Imperious - Races of Skyrim

3. Wintermyst

Any opinion on the above or preference? Also, anything I should watch out for in the installation? I have used everything before (except Ordinator) and they seem to be noninvasive; but truthfully you brought up some items on some mods that I never knew until I followed your installation.  Thanks. Again, excellent work!

Just as a heads up there are patched that combine not only SPERG and Ordinator BUT SPERG, Ordinator and CACO

I'm only using SPERG though, was using Ord since forever but I wanted something more basic, less PERKs but 'really' strong ones. You only get a Perk point every two levels. Other than that Ord is the go to Perk overhaul of Choice

Edited by uncleseano

Just as a heads up there are patched that combine not only SPERG and Ordinator BUT SPERG, Ordinator and CACO

I'm only using SPERG though, was using Ord since forever but I wanted something more basic, less PERKs but 'really' strong ones. You only get a Perk point every two levels. Other than that Ord is the go to Perk overhaul of Choice

Thanks for the heads up. I've been using SPERG exclusively and there are three features that to me just make sense. One, the auto-perks. Two, gaining experience in either one-handed and/or two-handed will have you gain experience in the other. Three, the Smithing and Speech Trees are very well organized. But, SPERG has not been updated in a bit whereas it looks like the author of Ordinator seems to be active. So, I was concerned about future compatibility; but that auto-perking will be tough to give up. Be aware with SPERG though, when you get around Level 30, you are pretty powerful. Particularly if you concentrate the extra perks into 3 or 4 skill sets. I needed that though, because a lot of my playthroughs I do with the "Dead is Dead" mod  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60179. One wrong move, and you are back on the wagon ride to Helgen!

Edited by jap2112

Hey Neo,

Do you think the Wet & Cold patch from Assorted Equipment Patches would be useful?

I'm still in the midst of re-doing my mod list, so I haven't been able to compare it with an SR:LE-centric build in xEdit, but it seems to make Wet & Cold added items fully compatible with CCOR and associated Kryptopyr mods.

Good timing with the new mod list on my part, as I read today on the Frostfall page that v3.1 is just around the corner. Chesko is just finishing up...maybe a day or two of more work, then a day or two of testing. Could be out within the week, but who knows.

Was able to install Ordinator, Imperious and Wintermyst without a hitch. Pl;ayed for several hours this morning with no CTD. Graphics looking great. Dealing with two small issues which I am researching now but if anyone has experience, thanks for any assistance.

1. Having some blurring of the screen in 3rd person view. Not on the character, but really on the horizon. Guessing it is something in my ini files, whether ENB or Skyrim. researching now.

2. Received the following message the first time I viewed a MAP

"SKYUI error code 6, Mismatch for map.swf. Required version 5.1, Detected version 4.1."

Now I know that is incorrect because my SKYUI version is 5.1. So I am guessing it may be in the Atlas Map Mod or perhaps when I built the textures. Truthfully, this one has me much more stumped than blurring. I think I can fix that one with just some Google searches and experimentation.

Other than that, just need to get used to the Mods. Need to play with the settings in Frostfall as I get cold to quickly and Faendal just eats way to much (in INeeds) and complains about supplies and money. Sheesh! 

Also, I just found this: Unofficial ENB-SMIM-ENB Performance Patch.

Apparently due to the way these three mods work together, there can be major FPS drops in very specific interior cells. This mod claims to optimize performance quite dramatically in those specific areas. In the posts section, SMIM author Brumbek endorses it and thanks the author.

Would this be something worth considering? This will be my first time with a graphical ENB or ELFX, so I don't know if this is useful for an SR:LE setup or not.

Also, I just found this: Unofficial ENB-SMIM-ENB Performance Patch.

Apparently due to the way these three mods work together, there can be major FPS drops in very specific interior cells. This mod claims to optimize performance quite dramatically in those specific areas. In the posts section, SMIM author Brumbek endorses it and thanks the author.

Would this be something worth considering? This will be my first time with a graphical ENB or ELFX, so I don't know if this is useful for an SR:LE setup or not.

I use this also but it worth noting there is a problem with the Bee and Barb where the floor would disapper the only way to fix to to delete the whole CELL in TES5Edit.