Post 41: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10307-everything-the-kitchen-sink/?p=165970

Mod organizer is telling you that your Installation order is out of wack.  I have no Mod Organizer warnings, so I am assuming here that you need to check your installation order again.  One of the files I uploaded has the installation order (although listed backwards bottom to top) that you should look through

I did. Look, I even made a spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cQaEfmF6hgVf-FB97OqxLb6loWEIvJoodHrjJc9mA6U/edit?usp=sharing

It's not that its 'wrong' as such, but when referring to STEP Core or Extended and SRLE, it's a feature that's not relevant. MO's 'right' in saying what it says, it's just that STEP have tested their suggested install and load orders and have found them to be OK.

On any other sort of load order, the feature may be useful. Ultimately it's up to you to test and decide if what MO's saying is relevant in your case.

I'm currently putting this pack together for my install of Skyrim. Thanks for all your work on it, Moal. I wanted to point out that, for the Book Covers Skyrim patches, you should be linking to the compatibility patch Nexus page (it's currently pointing to the BCS mod itself on Nexus). It looks like up until recently this mod had an installer with patch options to tick? Anyway, not the case anymore.

PotatoKnight, I noticed that omission re: Skyrim Sewers as well. Good catch.

Edited by micasa

Thanks PotatoKnight for catching skyrim Sewers, I'll make note of that.  Hadn't tested the sewers yet.  

and to micasa for finding that the Book Covers Skyrim Nexus page now says the patches are on their own page. I'll update the Pack.  

When you get everything installed, let me know how it goes.  I currently have 1 sort of bug that I want to solve, when the weather is clear and sunny, the wet rocks can reflect the sky (the ambient lighting) which makes them shine a little blue, looks bizarre really.  It has to do with the ENB reflection settings.  I need to find a way to either reduce the reflection level on the rocks, or find a mod which does this (I don't have time to manually go through all the rock mesh and textures, and change the values.  There are lots of them).    If someone has a solution, please let me know.  for now, since this does not contribute to crashes, its quite low on my bug fix list.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:   For those installing this pack, please let me know about any CTD you encounter.  So far, I've played 2-3 hours, and had 2 CTD.  

• First was what I think was due to too many scrips running and when I existed a building, weather did a "raining" then "not raining" switch instantly, and Real shelter and Wonders of Weather had a fit because they are just starting up, and suddenly there is no rain, and boom.  I'm advising the performance version now on Wonders of Weather. 
  • Second, I don't really know why it crashed.  I was fighting some mud crabs, and the had the CTD.  It was sunny, wasn't doing anything overly out of the ordinary etc.
    • Edit: I have played another 3.5 hours, and during that purposely fought mud crabs (letting them hit me, blocking, me hitting them for a good 40 min) and the crash has not occurred again.  I can only guess that the CTD was a fluke.  If anyone else experiences CTD during combat, let me know, especially if the CTD is repeatable.  

I would ask, if you find a way to reduce script load (like a performance option) then let me know.  I've a feeling script load will be contributing to CTD's. 

As a pole, how many CTD per playing session to people generally tolerate?  I would love if the game never crashed, but if it crashes once every 4-5 hours, I think I can mostly tolerate it (this being Skyrim and all) 

Edited by Mr_Moal

RE: Crashing, once every 2 hours or so is perfectly okay with me - good reminder to get up and deal with real life every now and again while waiting for Skyrim to restart anyway. :P

I'd like to make a suggestion by the way for an additional mod that fits the theme of "more of everything", and that is Animallica, Lore Friendly version. It's very compatible, and has partial built in compatibility with Hunterborn (for the rest, Hunterborn's Taxonomy power can provide). No scripts, no added items, no added sounds, just some new animals added to the levelled lists - so Reqtificator should handle it just fine.

• +1 1

Just like to give a heads up that I missed at least one item when updating the Pack page, 

----Civil War Repairs----

is a CTD suspect, and was last updated in 2012, and apparently is no longer supported, and I have no idea if it is compatible with Open Cities Skyrim.   On the V0.4 --> 0.5 page, I'm adding dated entries for what I've added,  Please check that page regularly, especially if you notice the version get incremented (ie 0.5 --> 0.5.1 etc.).  I can only assume that there will be other stuff I may have missed.  I will review my install notes and make sure the pack page reflects it.  

• +1 2
  • Second, I don't really know why it crashed.  I was fighting some mud crabs, and the had the CTD.  It was sunny, wasn't doing anything overly out of the ordinary etc.
    • Edit: I have played another 3.5 hours, and during that purposely fought mud crabs (letting them hit me, blocking, me hitting them for a good 40 min) and the crash has not occurred again.  I can only guess that the CTD was a fluke.  If anyone else experiences CTD during combat, let me know, especially if the CTD is repeatable.  

40 solid minutes of mudcrab skirmishes. ::P: It takes a special breed to get a mod pack of this size behaving properly (I include myself solidly in this category).

I have had plenty of CTDs, but each one brought something to my attention that I wasn't doing quite right, either with load orders or patch updates. Most recently, however, I had an infinite load screen when attempting to use a carriage to travel from Windhelm to Whiterun, and AFAIK I've got everything set right. It was still at the very beginning of the game, so there may have been a bunch of scripts cued.

In answer to your question about an acceptable level of stability, I'd say there are two answers: one for my tolerance level, and another for what I believe is inherently OK for the game. In answer to the first, I'm probably not going to be too annoyed with a CTD every 3 hours or so. As for the second, it really depends how new the savegame is. From what I understand, the longer you play a character, the more crap builds up behind the scenes, and that's just an inescapable weakness of the engine/scripting language. So in light of that, I'd like a new game to run with very little script lag and almost no CTDs.

Over the long term, I'm probably going to look through this mod list and see if I can identify any script-heavy ones I won't miss too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya might remember all that moaning I was doing about my Mod Order and how Mod Organizer was complaining about it. I figured it out - that feature was supposed to have been disabled when I was installing Mod Organizer. Woops. That's why you didn't get the error, but I did.

NSFW:

43231668.jpg

EDIT: Apologies for the outburst.

Edited by PotatoKnight
Hiding NSFW language

If nobody has any further problems, I'm thinking this is ready to exit beta and transition to version 1.0

If you install this, please post a short blerp on your experience, how the installation went, and if anything needs rewording to be clearer.  

Thanks and have fun!

Hi,

I installed the pack about 2 weeks ago after taking a 1+ year break from Skyrim. Had some experience with STEP and other mod packs beforehand and generally found the instructions to be clear enough for someone with a bit of mod installation experience.

One exception maybe is Interesting NPCs. Your instructions say:

There are 2 patches

• Install 3DNPCs main file first
  • Then Install Update V3.10
    • Note: Unzip, open up and merge the Data folder (overwriting) into the Main Data folder
    • Or just read the NOTE ON INSTALLATION - READ FIRST.txt file :)
  • Then install 3DNPC Patch File V3.18
    • Same as above

Now on the Nexus page it says that the main file is V3.10 already, so I think the part about updating to 3.10 might be redundant?

The part about Vividian ENB also confused me a bit, since it doesn't say anywhere what to do with the enb ini files and enbseries folder that come with it, neither in the E+TKS instructions nor the linked Weather and Lighting pack. Also the suggested skyrimprefs and other ini file tweaks suggested on the Vividian ENB Nexus page are not mentioned. 

Stability:

So far I've not had a single CTD and everything seems to be working fine. And it's great fun too :)

Thanks for the pack!

Edited by geoguy