TES5Edit (by ElminsterAU)

frihyland

Oh, bummer...because I've used that and still can't find what they've bloody deleted from the mod! Starting to think they really didn't and just said they did. There are more edits in the CTD Fix than what they say on their very lacking changelog and, in fact, there is an extra nif in the statics in the CTD Fix...not a missing one...however, this file does not exist in the mod so it's referencing something that doesn't exist (Jaggersfeld\Miscellaneous\HCDawnbreaker.nif) There also seems to be a completely NULL reference in the statics for both plugins... :wacko:  What were these authors doing?! Guess I'll just have to wait for one of them to respond....three weeks and still waiting.

Well, if you want a feature request, there you go! It would be nice to be able to filter the compare to only what is different from the two and have it highlight these differences so that you can find them very quickly and easily. I'm only familiar enough with TES5Edit to be dangerous. ::D:

EDIT:

Okay, it looks like they were going to replace the Dawnbreaker sword in the display with a custom one. They've went through and referenced it where it needs to be but, but seems like they never actually created the nif file.

Filter works on the whole load order, you can set interested conflict levels in the filter options.

Can I filter as I described? To show only the records that are different or missing from one plugin vs the other? If so, what options allow me to do this? The filters are the one thing that I still find confusing.

The easiest way to see only the differences will be:

After you load the second esp via the "Compare To" command...hide the masters above the 2 plugins (i.e. Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, etc) by selecting all the masters, right click -> Hidden.

This can be done also before the Compare To operation.

Then to see only the changed records and new single records you will have to apply a filter checking only the following:

By conflict Status for this particular record (that's the text color):

Single Record

Overwrite without conflict

Conflict status inherited by parent

...and hit APPLY.

Check the second plugin and any records with green text and yellow bg color are the altered ones from the old version while any white one are new records.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks! That did help! In fact, I've figured it out.

Turns out the authors didn't delete anything. The CTDs originally reported were fixed by users deleting the scroll meshes. The authors simply disabled havok on these scrolls that are stacked and told everyone they deleted them. :rolleyes: Come on, guys! For real?! Anyway, now that it's sorted out, I can update the mod really quick with the fix incorporated.

Thanks for the help you guys!

Hi, all

I'm kind of new to modding (well, to doing the modding myself, not to using mods), and I started using TES5Edit a couple weeks ago. Everything was working great up until yesterday when I tried to run the program to edit some NPCs, and it gave me a really strange error. I've googled the error, and I can't seem to find anyone else who's had the same issue as me. The error:

[00:00] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Update.esm is not a valid BSA file>

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling TES5Edit. I've tried redownloading it and reinstalling. I've tried verifying the integrity of my Skyrim files. I've tried deleting the Update.esm and Update.bsa files and letting Steam reinstall them. Turned it off, turned it on again. I just really don't understand what's going on. It seems to me it's trying to use Update.esm in place of Update.bsa but I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that or why it happened in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting pretty frustrated here.

[00:00] Background Loader: Fatal:

TES5Edit loads BSA archives using these 3 rules:

1) archives listed in Skyrim.ini under sResourceArchiveList and sResourceArchiveList2 parameters

2) archives listed in INI files provided with loaded mods, they are located in the Data folder and have the same name as mods, for example ArmoredBikini.esp ArmoredBikini.ini

3) archives those names match loaded plugins, for example ArmoredBikini.esp ArmoredBikini.bsa

Rule 3 explicitly adds *.BSA extension so it can't cause your error where Update.esm is treated like BSA archive. Check data for rules 1 and 2.

Report this to mod author.

That problem only occurs when users do not run the Skyrim Launcher as they are supposed to prior to launching Mod Organizer for the first time. Completely user error (albeit a common mistake despite our huge warning labels).

That problem only occurs when users do not run the Skyrim Launcher as they are supposed to prior to launching Mod Organizer for the first time. Completely user error (albeit a common mistake despite our huge warning labels).

I ran the Skyrim Launcher before I used TES5Edit. As I said, I had been using it and Mod Organizer fine for weeks without incident.

I've run into an issue with my plugin. A user reported this when he attempted to sort masters. The error that is provided is:

Parent of a NVNM is not identified as a CELL
Assertion Failure (...\TES5Edit\wbDefinitionsTES.pas,line 2197) "..." is the path to the folder

When I ran "Check for Errors" with my entire load order, I get the same thing; however TES5Edit glitches out and I can only close the app from there when viewing some records. Here is the bug report it saved: https://copy.com/lK2Q0ltfZQqbfXvW

Update: the above only happens with I'm loading up a larger list of mods in xEdit. If I only load up my plugin and the masters, Checking for Errors finishes without that error.

After looking around there is a ton of Navmesh info saved to my plugin which I'm assuming the CK added because I know I didn't and they have nothing to do with my mod's worldspace or shouldn't; however, I'm unaware of how things like this work so it could be normal.

Doing a Google search for, "Parent of a NVNM is not identified as a CELL" didn't provide anything useful.

Update 2: removing my ESP and sorting masters on my entire load order completes correctly. With my ESP, you get the error above.