TES5Edit (by ElminsterAU)

frihyland

Download FO4Edit from Fallout 4 Nexus and rename to TES5Edit if needed, the latest builds will be uploaded there for a while.

The new game from Bethesda is out, and development focus obviously shifted to it. "TES5Edit" is the name from the past from now on, similar to other older games and their xEdit versions: TES4Edit, FO3Edit, FNVEdit.

The only one I am aware of is TES5 Mod File Format at uesp.net, but it's incomplete and the descriptions are rather terse and doesn't really contain much information beyond what TES5Edit already displays. I think I remember some cases in which TES5Edit shows more detail than the uesp.net wiki.

EDIT: One thing I can say is that these are FormIDs to RFCT Visual Effect records that have a FormID for an ARTO Art Object record (pointer to a mesh) and an optional shader.

Thank you for that! I have been using this version for quite a while now. I took a chance that it was all I needed for DynDOLOD and had incredible results! Thank you so much to the creator of TES5Edit or XEdit in general...because without it I would not have been able to mod my Skyrim into such perfection! I may get froggy and try FO4Edit soon...right now it's a little hard for me to nitpick my current mod setup though!

Thank you to all the amazing mod creators out there!

https://imgur.com/gallery/PtmwZ/new

Hope link works!

Is there a reference available that lists the records and their definitions? For instance I have no idea what the "NNAM - Visual Effect" is or does. This would be good info. I just can seem to find a reference.

I tried to name all fields using the labels from Creation Kit, so CK wiki is the good source. Or just open CK yourself.

• 1 month later...

In my mod I updated the location reference for the worldspace. This added a lot of "XLRL - Location Reference" records to most of the placed objects. When loading the plugin in xEdit, xEdit is calling these ITMs when they should be "Override without conflict". Background color is right, but the text color is indicating an ITM when there is clearly a change. I don't know how important these records are.

EmZaKlya4HRNfhGy

XLRL is treated as ITM when added and not overwriting a previous value because CK likes to add them to records in game master file for no reason. This feature was requested by Arthmoor since it caused a lot of "dirt" in USKP.

You can change something else too to prevent cleaning, like EditorID, or slightly altered position/rotation by 0.0001, etc.

XLRL is treated as ITM when added and not overwriting a previous value because CK likes to add them to records in game master file for no reason. This feature was requested by Arthmoor since it caused a lot of "dirt" in USKP.

You can change something else too to prevent cleaning, like EditorID, or slightly altered position/rotation by 0.0001, etc.

Okay, at least I know the "why" now. It doesn't need the record for any particular reason that I'm aware of, and the mod is working okay without it so I'll just let xEdit clean those out for now. No big deal.