TES5Edit (by ElminsterAU)

frihyland

In the STEP Guide you will see the DLC mentioned in section 2.D Fixes. In the table it says "Detailed instructions available." Click that.

You can just verify cache to get the original update.esm back.

You mean verify the cache in steam ? Yes I thought about i but I was'nt sure ... So I delete my Update.esm in the Data directory (that I have copy in my Mod manager/mods) and I verify the cache. Maybe after that I'll have to reset ini settings etc ?

Thank you very much

Where did you install the scripts? It should be put in the 'Edit Scripts' folder in your TES5Edit folder.

Yeah I did, but I can't even see the scripts that comes with the Tes5Edit. There are tons of scripts in that folder but when I click Apply Script all I see in the dropdown is new script

• 1 month later...

I'm attempting to merge plugins for the 1st time.   After selecting the plugins to merge,  apply scripts, merge plugins v1.7 this is the error message I receive:

Cannot open file "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonSkyrimTES5Edit_r1740Edit Scriptsmpdictionary.txt". The system cannot find the path specified.

I can see that there is no MP sub directory hence no dictionary.txt file.   Is TES5edit trying to create that sub directory but doesn't have permission?   I'm running TES5edit thru MO.  

Thanks for any help.  

You probably have a permission issue with Steam installed in your Program Files folder. It should be in something like C:Games to avoid the UAC stuff.

You can find a away to your entire Steam directory on YouTube. Then start the vanilla launcher for Skyrim and close it, so the registry entries update.

There isn't any need to install or run xEdit from the Program Files folder tree. Best bet is to install all the tools you want into a directory away from there. I have a separate directory under my C:Games folder where my non-Steam game are installed.

All the xEdit tools, TES5Edit, etc. run perfectly fine and can look to your registry to locate the installations of your games.

Also, are you sure you installed the Merge plugin correctly? If you copied the archive contents as they are found it means three new files and a new folder, "MP", with a Java executable and the dictionary.txt inside it. These should be inside your Edit Scripts folder.

Just checking. Sometimes the simple things are overlooked. No sleight against you intended. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, TES5Edit didn't cause me any problems for several months, then today I decided to try ASIS, so added 2 esps of it and checked them in T5E just to see what ASIS does. After that I deactivated ASIS and wanted to load my entire load order and it shows Adding 255 files would exceed the maximum index of 254. Huh? It has always loaded 255 plugins for me without any issues. How do I fix this?