TES5Edit (by ElminsterAU)

frihyland

You have a NAVM record in plugin which is not located inside temporary group of child group of CELL record. Unfortunately TES5Edit can't fix such errors.

Also calling Sort Masters on the entire load order is dangerous to say the least.

Think you. So it fix this, can I just delete it once I find it? Yeah, I have no idea why he was sorting masters for an entire load order. My plugin's masters are already sorted.

Also, do you know why the CK would add all this Navmesh data to my plugin and if it'll cause any issues deleting it? I have Navmesh data from places like Fort Dawnguard...my plugin is in its own worldspace so why this is added by the CK is beyond me. I have yet to run xEdit cleaning on it but perhaps this will take care of some of this seemingly junk data in my plugin?

Like I said, I know just enough about xEdit to be dangerous...not enough to be smart. :^_^:

Take this with a grain of salt, but it looks as if perhaps it regenerated the navmesh for a bunch of worldspaces other than your own for some reason. If you browse through the worldspace and drill down into the navigation mesh records, you'll see subtle differences like this:

00035699 KarthspireRedoubtWorld
Block 1,-1
Sub-Block 4,-1
000356A6 KarthspireRedoubtStart
Temporary
00357E3 Navigation Mesh
Vertex #11
69 54 04 48 8B AD 0C C5 8D 11 01 45
89 82 04 48 61 50 08 C5 81 26 02 45

I have no idea if generating the navmesh caused this mess, but it is interesting that it's including a lot of unrelated worldspaces and cells with slight variations in the navigation mesh.

I also see that it removes the edits Dawnguard makes to the QASmoke test room (notably removing the water flag).

Okay, I've cleaned out most of the rogue data. The only thing left is the Navigation Mesh Info Map, which seems to be filled to the brim with map data that is not need. Does anyone know if I delete this if it will cause any issues? I think it'll take a good month to clean it completely out.

Regardless, all that shouldn't have been in there when comparing to other plugins and then comparing to a couple backups. I deleted the entire Navigation Mesh Info Map tree, loaded it up in the CK, re-finalized the navmeshes for the cells in the worldspaces only pertaining to my mod, and saved it. After checking in xEdit, this seems to have worked fine. The tree was recreated but wasn't junked by all those records anymore. I haven't tested it in-game as I'm heading to bed, but will test it out first thing in the morning after my coffee. :coffee:

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Tes5Edit Gurus! :)

Please look at my "short" story: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/8600-mods-not-to-clean-with-tes5edit/?p=141022

Would be great if anyone could tell me, what I've done exactly (by accindently), because I do not really understand what happened.

Thank you! :unworthy:

Solved:

Solution link: https://forum.step-pr...5edit/?p=141065

Thank you for pStyl3!

Edited by kranazoli

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I made a mess of navmesh in a few Tamriel cells in my player home mod. What's the best/easiest way to just remove any navmesh changes, deletions, etc I made and get it back to vanilla? I see a lot of info out there on fixing navmesh, by I just want to basically start over. Can I just simply delete any navmesh references from my mod? If so Is there a way to delete navmesh in mass qty...Deleting each record individually will take a looong time?

Thx!!

• 2 weeks later...

For total DynDOLOD noob...

Not sure if this is where I should ask for help or not. I just need to know which xEdit or TES5Edit is needed for DynDOLOD installation. I have TES5Edit installed already but I don't know if it is a developer's version. I am assuming that the x in xEdit changes for whatever game is being modded and that I may even be able to use FO4Edit on Skyrim. Not 100% on that though.

Everything else downloaded and ready to install. Just trying to clarify if using regular TES5Edit is okay. Thanks.