TES5Edit (by ElminsterAU)

frihyland

Maybe someone could answer this. Should i check renumber formid's (Using the merging script) when merging compatibility patches for a mod?

Merging patches does not require the merge script. You just highlight all the record types in the plugin and select deep copy as override into->new file. Repeat for all the other plugins.

Merging patches does not require the merge script. You just highlight all the record types in the plugin and select deep copy as override into->new file. Repeat for all the other plugins.

Thanks. Actually that's what i have done for a while without any issues. But i read that matortheeternal (author of Merge Plugins TES5Edit Script) states that you should renumber formId's 99% of the time when merging plugins. And then I thought "Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way".

So formId's should only be renumbered when every instance of a specific formId is being merged right? Or am I completely wrong?

Edit: Don't bother, you guys have enough work to do. I will go back reading the FNVEdit Training Manual again :)

Edited by TheDane

Thanks. Actually that's what i have done for a while without any issues. But i read that matortheeternal (author of Merge Plugins TES5Edit Script) states that you should renumber formId's 99% of the time when merging plugins. And then I thought "Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way".So formId's should only be renumbered when every instance of a specific formId is being merged right? Or am I completely wrong?Edit: Don't bother, you guys have enough work to do. I will go back reading the FNVEdit Training Manual again :)

That's a completely different circumstance. Those plugins have unique formids where patches reference those formids.

Heya :),I'm trying to use TES5Edit to change the perks for requiem. And I was hoping someone here could help me clarify what the settings do.I'm trying to change the dagger Multipler for the first perk to be 1 & 2/3 which I believe I could do by having:Entry Point  --  Mod Sneak Attack Mult   |||   OR Function -- Multiply Value |||   Multiply 1 + Actor Value Mult.

Func. Para --  1.6667   |||   0.6667But I don't like the inaccuracy of this method. So I wondering if I used "Set Value" for 5 or "Add Value" for +2, would this achieve the same effect without the trailing digits giving inaccuracy.As in would higher perks change it so that if I had a x2 mult higher up would that yield a total of sneak mult of x10?Ps. Apologies if this is the wrong spot for this and please tell me where would be?

Edited by tank_tmt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone lend me a hand please? I am trying to fix the problem I have - CCOR not distributing bandoliers and jaysus swords to NPCs. Bashed patch does not include them for some reason, plus I've been told I should create a merged patch for outfits. I tried it (for the first time) and it did give bandits (only bandits) jaysus swords and bandoliers. However, I had enemies spawn with multiple armors with my merged patch. I think it's because I don't understand what exactly to merge. For example here - https://i.imgur.com/xcvoWRl.jpg Does this mean that with my merged patch bandits will spawn with 2 different helmets in the inventory? How do I decide which mod should have priority? I saw same thing with weapons - CCOR sets Alik'r Warriors to have some curved sword from jaysus swords (in the NPC tree of the esp) and then Immersive weapons overwrite this with 2 other weapons. If I merge them together will alikrs spawn with 3 swords? Or the game will somehow resolve this conflict?

To start at the beginning, did you check the appropriate boxes & set the percentage chance for npcs in the CCO MCM in game?

As for the bashed patch, mine is distributing those assets and other mod added equipment as expected. I've done nothing special, just followed the STEP directions.

To start at the beginning, did you check the appropriate boxes & set the percentage chance for npcs in the CCO MCM in game?

As for the bashed patch, mine is distributing those assets and other mod added equipment as expected. I've done nothing special, just followed the STEP directions.

Yep I did.

Not for me, in the bashed patch there are no signs of jewelcraft/jaysus/bandoliers so I'll be trying to fix this myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there !
Have two (stupid ?) questions :

Cleaning instructions are on the relevant DLC pages in the guide.

Yes, I saw that note a few times in the STEP Guide or DDSopt Guide for example but I never find exactly that pages that you're talking about ... Can you be more precise or link me the pages ? PLease :( (maybe I'm blind sorry ...)

Then the other question :

I just did the part 2.B Clean Update.Esm of the STEP Guide and I arrived at the end of the tutorial realizing i've forgot the backup in part one, here :

• Make a backup of Update.esm from <skyrim>/data directory by copying it to the desktop (or somewhere else handy).

So then i can't do the part 5 :

Restore the backup created in step 1 to the <skyrim>/data directory.

Is that very important ? If i have to change that, how do i return to an initial Update.esm (non cleaned) ?

Thank you very much in advance for you kind answers  :blush: