20th Century Weapons

mcshame

Question

Deadmano recommends removing the M18 Smoke Grenade from the base plugina and the other plugins that modify this weapon because of multiple problems. Instructions for removing it from the plugins will be added shortly.

Is there any guidance on this?  Also, for a first playthrough, should I bother even installing this mod as there will be plenty of weapons to get used to anyway?

5 answers to this question

For the Millenia's Weapons, is the AK-47 Replacer the only one with completely working compatibility patch Millenia Assaultrifle Replacers RH WMK Patch? Is my understanding correct? Is there any other with full compatibility without issue?

I only added that one at this time.

I'll have to check. The last time I looked with FO3Edit the Millenia weapons either didn't support RH_Ironsights or didn't support WMK. In some cases they didn't support either of these. Millenia's weapons need a new plugin that makes them standalone vs. a vanilla replacer so they can be used in addition to weapon replacer mods that support one or both of these.

I'll have to check. The last time I looked with FO3Edit the Millenia weapons either didn't support RH_Ironsights or didn't support WMK. In some cases they didn't support either of these. Millenia's weapons need a new plugin that makes them standalone vs. a vanilla replacer so they can be used in addition to weapon replacer mods that support one or both of these.

Thanks, I look forward to it. 

Specifically, 

AK-47 replacer +

Millenia Assaultrifle Replacers RH WMK Patch

This patch mod provides assault rifle replacers that use the Millenia weapon textures and are also compatible with RH_Ironsights and WMK

Seems like this could be Core since it is fully compatible? Unless I'm missing an incompatibility with it.

Edited by mcshame

That particular weapon mod should be fine as a replacer for the assault rifle. I've tried to limit the use of the Core tag for mods that provide important infrastructure (like the configuration menus in FWE that were unfortunately not provided by Bethesda) or that affect other mods. It certainly shouldn't have an optional tag, and the mod will be moved to the Vanilla Replacers section since it isn't missing any key capabilities (unlike some of the other Millenia weapon mods).

Thanks for noticing this.