Pipboy is to small after installing UIO

Snarkyfork

Question

I was following the guide for installing the UI in fallout 3. I got past the part where I install UI Organizer and the zip version of darnUI and when I get into game my pipboy is about half the size that it usually is (in my other game that I made using NMM). I am using pipboy readius, just for the record.

Is there some setting in the ini I can change or a reason that this is happening?

Edit: Nvm, I found the ini setting for the pipboy. It's strange, however, that with the same mod setup the pipboy size was different with MO than it was with NMM. Seems to work though... so no complaints, I guess.

Edited by Snarkyfork

3 answers to this question

Mod Organizer saves the ini files when a profile is created, and if they are edited it saves (and then uses) the changes for that profile. Each profile has a separate set of ini files. MO does not change the version in <yourname>\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\ . NMM doesn't have profiles so it must be using the ini files in <yourname>\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\ . I don't know why they are different; I don't think any of the UI mods change the ini files; DarnUI requires some changes in the ini files to work properly but these need to be done manually. But the ini changes to support DarnUI don't involve the pipboy size.

By the way, did you use fINIp 3 (Fallout INI Project 3) to initially configure the ini files?

I have not seen this problem in my Fallout 3 game.

I am using the fallout ini project, yes. I found the setting that changes pipboy size. The default size is 47(ish) and it was set to default. I believe what happened is pipboy readius perhaps made changes to this setting but MO doesn't make those changes when pipboy readius is installed so I had to manually change it to 35 (this is what it was set to in my previous installation). All is well now.