Exterior Emittance Fix - NVSE (by WallSoGB)
- 0 replies
- 135 views
xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 98 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE 1 2 3 4 120
- 1,785 replies
- 1,827,163 views
ACCEPTED Repair Bladed Weapons with Whet Stone All DLC (Scriptrunner) by Majorman86 and l0l28
- 15-gameplay-skills and perks
- (and 2 more)
- 0 replies
- 577 views
Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
First off, I love the guide! It's made New Vegas a lot more fun. But there's one problem. I can't run the game for more than an hour, usually even thirty minutes, without the game freezing. It does it most frequently on load screens, fast travel, or in combat, but sometimes just randomly.
I've followed the guide mostly to the letter with a few exceptions:
1) I've removed a few mods that don't fit my play style, or don't work well with gamepads (I play with a 360 controller except to use the console or Project Nevada's implants):
2) In an attempt to deal with the problems I was facing I removed ENBoost and have only been using the 4GB loader. This hasn't made the game any more stable.
3) I optimized my mod textures according to the F&L Instructions, even Poco Bueno (though the guide says they don't respond well to reduction). But I've tried it without Poco Bueno and with no optimization at all and the game is still unstable.
4) In another attempt to fix the problems, I've added two mods: PCB Hotkey and OneTweak. I added OneTweak so I could run the game windowed without ENBoost. I've been using PCB hotkey often immediately before fast travel and I think it helps a little with fast travel crashes, but I can't be sure. The game is still ridiculously unstable.
Now I've never played New Vegas on PC before this (only on 360, where it wasn't especially stable to begin with), but I was hoping that some of the mods in the F&L Order would help with stability. Is it supposed to be this flaky? Do I just have to get used to crashes every 30 minutes or less? Is there any way to generate logs so that I can even begin bug checking this? Where should I even begin?
Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 answers to this question
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now