Load Order Issue

Hey, Just finishing up my F&LinNV installation. It went pretty well since learning from my last issue. I found along the way I had to move a few Plugins around a bit to make FNVEdit run when I needed it. For example, RaestlozFactionArmorEnhancement.esp was way down the list and needed for another Plugin to run. Several others less extreme, but needed to be swapped in the load order.

I followed all the instructions, except the optional "Additional Weapons". I also did the DDSopt Texture Optimizations for the Vanilla textures only. Aside from those , all else is done. I was elated to finally run LOOT.

Last step is the Bashed Patch. Googled where to get the Bashed Patch, 0.esp from and copied it to my Data Folder. Got the message for disabling the Mergable mods and clicked Yes. But, then it all failed to load because some Mods are out of order now.

"WARNING!

The following mods have master file errors:

Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp

DELINQUENT MASTER: Powered Power Armor.esp

Project Nevada - All DLC.esp

DELINQUENT MASTER: Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp

1nivPNSPatch.esp

DELINQUENT MASTER: 1nivVSArmor.esp

Please adjust your load order to rectify those problems before

continuing. However you can still proceed if you want to. Proceed?"

I'm guessing that LOOT moved them, but I surely could be wrong. Anyone have any idea what I should do?

Edited by HotAssassin

You are supposed to unselect the non-mergable mods before creating the bashed patch (as you did), and then re-enable them after the patch is created. The mergable mods should have been selected, and in the "Merge Patches" window they are each selected in Wrye Flash, then the bashed patch is created.

LOOT sorts according to incompatibilites (i.e. letting certain records win over others, "rule of one" etc) while the bashed patch solves that problem by merging them and putting a "combined" version (as dictated by Bash Tags) at the bottom of your load order, so resorting after having made the patch won't really change anything.

Hard to say what's causing a random crash, but keep in mind that it's a rather old game so there's some degree of randomness involved in your end result too. I'm glad that you figured out the guide least, I know some of it might not be completly up to date but I'm pretty much alone in updating at the moment so it's coming along at a pace more akin to halting than walking. Let me/us know if there's anything else you need help with and I'd be happy to oblige.

I can't thank all of you enough for your hard work and dedication. Figuring things out was a little tricky at times, but there are a lot of answers to be found by searching this forum and googling around.

Kelmych's Fallout 3 guide was invaluable for the first issue I ran into, which was figuring out where my DLC files kept disappearing to, and what to do about it. The first time I nearly finished the guide I suddenly realized that they were missing from the MO left pane, thought I did something horridly wrong and deleted everything, clean installed and started over. Second time I realized they were gone right after I cleaned them and found his guide while googling in a panic...lol.

In my last crappy assortment of mods that I cobbled together through luck, I would crash about every 2 hours or so. It was no where near this level though, maybe 25 mods at most. I also had used TMC's 4k textures which I now understand is an issue with just about any other pc, no matter how good your rig is.

I know this game is old, but it is definitely my favorite rpg and fps of all time and ranked about 3rd in my list of all time favorite games. So, thank you again, to you and everyone here for helping to make this old game feel new again.