Building the Bashed Patch; Confusing Intrustions

GlassWizzard

Question

Hi, in the building the bashed patch section of the guide it says "Go through the left side and click each tag one at a time and stop after Import Weapon Modifications, before Global." To me that means tick Alias Mod Names and every item between it and Import Weapon Modification, that item also ticked. 

But the picture on the side doesn't show that, some are unticked on the left. It's also unclear which items on the right side are supposed to be ticked for each individual item on the left.

Could someone help me out and clear this up?

Thanks

Edited by GlassWizzard

10 answers to this question

I ran into another issue with this part: " In addition to those, there are a couple mods (MiscItemIconsNV.esp and WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp) that appear purple. "

After building the patch no mods in my list appear purple. Is that ok? Both those mods have a green plus next to them and are in green text.

Hmm if they have a green plus icon next to them the only thing that I can assume has happened is that the generate bash tags script you ran in FNVEdit (I assume) removed the nomerge tag from them and they were merged into the patch. This part of the guide was written before the generate bash tags script was added to the instructions so that might be an oversight, but what I'd recommend you to do (just to be on the safe side, as I've never known the script to mess up) is to just open up FNVEdit, tick those to plugins and the bashed patch and check if the bashed patch overrides some of their changes (i.e. compare the records and see if they're properly included in the bashed patch).

It's 3AM for me and I'm going to bed soon so I can't check it myself, but I'll take a look in the morning and see if the instructions need changing.

Just leave them unticked for now. I'll check it eventually, but it's unlikely that the script is wrong. Until I know for sure, I'd recommend you click the plugins in Wrye Flash, right click the bash tags field in the bottom right and add the nomerge tag to both, then rebuild the bashed patch and tick the plugins after.

EDIT: Wait, did you run LOOT before making the bashed patch? I believe it's loot that adds the tags. 

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Just leave them unticked for now. I'll check it eventually, but it's unlikely that the script is wrong. Until I know for sure, I'd recommend you click the plugins in Wrye Flash, right click the bash tags field in the bottom right and add the nomerge tag to both, then rebuild the bashed patch and tick the plugins after.

EDIT: Wait, did you run LOOT before making the bashed patch? I believe it's loot that adds the tags. 

Thanks for the help :)

I wrote that part of the guide.  It's been a couple months since I played FNV or used any of the utilities... Those two mods should be purple in WryeFlash.  They are that color because of the NoMerge tag in them.  It is possible that Generate Bash Tags removes the tag and I neglected to mention it in the instructions...

MonoAccipiter do you mind checking this for us?  I'm asking because it's been a while since I even loaded up MO, and right now I don't feel like getting back into it at this time.  If it does, in fact, remove the tag from those two mods, I don't think that's the right move and they should be added back in somehow (perhaps manually even).  Feel free to amend the guide with appropriate instructions to account for this.