Merry Holimadaymas!

Thought we needed a topic to say thanks and wish everyone a good time as the end of the year approaches. I'm still not sure where I will be going for Xmas, but for New Year I am having a party at my place, firing fireworks in the direction of neighbors I hate (it's a tradition and they don't have pets!). I was also told that Amazon don't sell My Little Pony bed sheets in anything but single, so I won't be getting such a joke present. I have to say I am disappointed because the only joke is I would have enjoyed such a gift.  :lol:

I just want to thank everyone on here, especially the staff who put in a lot of their own free time to help people out and keep everything running. Also, I suck at winter up here in the North Pole and I am now just suffering from a lack of sleep as usual (4am herbal tea for the win!). Apart from that I am feeling great currently, so I really hope everyone else is too. Hope any ailments don't arrive in your direction and you all remain well.

Right, one more thing we always say so it is mandatory... "Where has the year gone?"   :^_^:

Edited by Guest

You might have gone when I finish this, but hey Audley! I hope you are okay. I have not forgotten about you (your topic) and if you ever want a chat, just hit my inbox up.  ::):

Happy holimadaymas to you too SparrowPrince. These days I just hope I can make it to January before I need to go back to the hospital. I don't really want to spend *another* holiday season locked up. However I am still holding in there... hoping to be able to spend Christmas with my family. Who only knows there all I really have these days aside from my online friends. With no friends outside of the internet I don't know why my family guess I would rather spend all my time on the computer. At least on here I know where I am accepted and where I am not.

It has been a great pleasure (and gift) to get to know a great many people here on the STEP forums. Between the all day crying sessions, the crippling depression, and my inability to keep food down, knowing I have a few friends on here has helped. I especially would like to thank Phazer11 for being there at midnight when I was feeling especially alone. And thank you to all the staff who are more friendly and helpful than any other forum I know.

*raises wine glass filles with sparkling grape juice* Here's to 2016. I am hoping I get there. ::):

Happy Festivus to you all! :-)

I have already prepared my grievances, and I am currently training for the Feats of Strength. Wish me luck! ;-)

Anyway, I wish all of you happiness and good health during this holiday season and the New Year. This is a community of really decent folks, which is rare to find on the internet. All the best to you and your families. :-)

• +1 1

Is it weird that I love this time of year, but hate Christmas? I like all the decoration and festivity, but hate the hyper-consumerism stuff. I guess I'm just getting older.

I hope you guys all have fun doing w/e it is your doing with family and friends this year! I know I will.

Not weird at all. I appreciate it for the time spent with my family and traditions, but the stress of all the buying and receiving wears me out. Then again, a lot of things do. 

Don't mind me though, I wish you all a happy holidaymas. Whether you think it has some meaning a priori or not, I hope you can find some value in festivities it brings. :)

Is it weird that I love this time of year, but hate Christmas? I like all the decoration and festivity, but hate the hyper-consumerism stuff. I guess I'm just getting older.

I hope you guys all have fun doing w/e it is your doing with family and friends this year! I know I will.

I don't think this is weird at all, but I feel the same way. Too much mass quantities, not enough friendship and camaraderie.

@Sparrow

Thanks for posting this topic, and merry holidays to you!

@Audley

Hang in there, and good luck to you!

@SRB

I love the warm drinks (cocoa and glögg), holiday alcohol (Frangelico and irish cream), hearth fires, pine smells, lights and coziness ... but also hate the retail-capitalistic bombardment that usurps it all :/

@all

Happy holiday season!