Mods to remove to deter Macrostutter

FuzzRocket9

Question

Hello, STEP has a section where it lists a handful of mods to help lower macrostutter rates and I was wondering which mods I should consider dropping in F&L for less macrostutter. I'm looking through dirty biker goggles which hides all the good detail from the big re-tex mods, so I can probably get rid of the nice texture mods. Any other options I can take?

Also, I don't run ENBoost. I probably should, if that would help with my issue. Game runs smoothly other than the sudden macrostutter when I exit into the Mojave and turning fast. Thanks.

Edit: Also didn't go through ddsopt. That's just way outta my understanding or I'm just not seeing myself getting into it right now.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

6 answers to this question

I got it installed, followed everything, run the game, and it was lagging a little more than before. Should I change a setting here and there? Thanks.

I have "ReservedMemorySizeMb=256". Should I raise it to 512?

I also have borderless window enabled.

AF is at16. AA is at zero.

Should I add the Proxy info?

Btw, on the side, where can I put the menu folder that is created in Overwrite after closing the game? Putting it in the right mod folder should stop that, correct? Did the same thing in Skyrim, it worked, just need the mod name it goes to. Thanks.

Edit: I raised up ReservedMemory to 512. Nothing, kept that same setting and disabled borderless windows as I had issues with it in Skyrim too. That helped. Now I wish I had an easy to check FPS counts without ENBoost. I get about 22-27 FPS during a sandstorm. Without ENBoost, I have no idea. Probably gonna disable NMC and Poco. What say you guys?

Edit2: Not much of a difference made when I disabled those 2. I'll keep going, tomorrow though. I'm sleepy now. Any help would be appreciated :D

My PC specs? I have an aging PC:

Mother Board: Asus M4A88T-M AMD 880G/SB710; GbE, DDR3 1866OC; ATI HD 4250, Hybrid xFire; SATA3Gb/s
CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 560 Blk 3.3GHz Dual-Core
2X RAM - DDR3 4GB 1600MHz Corsair (2X2GB)Dominator
GPU: PALIT GTX460 1GB Sonic GDDR5, Direct X11 SLI Ready
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 RX 650w, Ultra Quiet 140mm Fan, Single +12V Up to 44A

Edited by FuzzRocket9

If you mean the Proxy setting in enblocal.ini, you add that only if you are using something like d3d9_smaa.dll to provide SMAA antialiasing.

That's probably the SKSE - Elys - AltF4 log in the overwrite folder? If so, you can either move it to the SKSE - Eyls - AltF4 mod or right click Overwrite and select Create Mod to create a new mod containing these files.

I use Skyrim Performance Monitor to check FPS and other stats in the game.

Thanks. I was getting better FPS without ENBoost. I kinda thought I wasn't from the description in the ENB section. It's not for everyone. Skyrim's version was fine.

I can live with what I got. Damn, I love playing straight away for the first time. When I was on Skyrim, I spent too much time modding and all that jazz, focused on making it perfect. Just wanna freaking play already.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

without enboost I'd get some pretty bad stutter when looking around. these settings work for my config:

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=2048

had to do some trial and error until I hit the sweet spot for my pc setup.
Edited by carver