SRLE Extended

I see!That was an excellent way to explain it even for me (Not very good english)Thanx again paul!

Also starting from tomorrow there will be a new Wiki page which should detail the Mod Changes which hopefully should be easier for all to understand.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I have a question though for More patches for CACO... especialy CACO - CRF patch. Why isn't Neo using this one and why are we using it ? Since he doesn't think it's necesary maybe it's not needed ?

PS that updated too

ok thanks i'll add to the list. I know Neo thinks it is really isn't needed, but since it is included in the merge I personally think it doesn't hurt to use it.

This is not exactly related but i had a small question about the bashed patch process.

When we do it 2 esp's are deactivated along with WM Trap Fixes.esp.(which we activate afterwards.)

But the remaining 2 :

GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp

Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

we do not need to and SHOULDN't activate them right?

Right now i have 5 unchecked esp's including those aboce also the official texture packs which i actiaved them in archives so no need for them i guess.

If you follow the SRLE Ext guide you should have 7 ESPS that are in the bashed patch. (i personally deleted the 3 HIGH RES DLS esps so these are not included in those 7) These are included in the bashed patch and are not needed to be activated. Wrye Bash should automatically uncheck them

WM Trap Fixes.esp this don't check in the bashed patch. It is marked non merge.

Edited by paul666root

Hello again.

The Lily - Armour Mashup

Author: pottoply

Version: 1.6 (Install only Optional The Lily - UNPB HDT)

Mod Notes: This mod conver The Lily armor to UNPB

Im stuck with this 'only' thing because doesn't it require the main Lily armor as well?Otherwise wouldn't it be just installing over an empty armor mod?

since we are using Armor Progression Overhaul - Cloth Immersive Edition that mod actaully contain all the textures and meshes and data required to make the armour work. All this mod does is convert the meshes to UNPB since that is the body type we are using.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Thanks again guys.(i should have read the description...so sorry its just that its been a week since i first started modding skyrim, i first installed step extended , then did a clean install and tried SRLE and now doing this so i really am getting a headache over reading all of the descriptions in links...and i am nowhere near completion of starting to play the game itself!)Right now i am getting myself annoyed by asking these stupid questions in here so  should i continue to ask them in here or post them somewhere else?

Lol you're a bold man attempting SRLE/Extended in your first week of modding Skyrim.

People around here tend to be pretty helpful and nice, just remember to read everything carefully - a big thing that hurt me early on was feeling like I just wanted to be 'done', so I tried to rush through some parts. It didn't help much.

I'm now finishing a huge install I've been working on for about a month continuously now - remember that just finishing the guide is really only the first part. If you really want to be sure everything is working right, you will have to do some testing, and depending on how that goes, you may have to go between testing and tweaking a bit before everything is resolved. Patience is key.

Thanks for the reply baronaatista.

Well my skyrim life started when it first came out, i finished the game and basicly done everything in it, i mean EVERYTHING lol, as you can see i fell in love with it.(Had printed out a huge poster of the map and sticked it to the wall next to me so i wouldnt go in to ingame map because it was pretty laggy at that time and my comp was not good as well.)

Infact when i finished the game there was a huge bug making you not able to progress through thieves guild story line.

After that i was satisfied and looked for mods but i was too early so i decided to wait.(Early mods were basicly overwriting game folders which made it VERY bad to try other mods and MO is really a GEM considering that time)

I say the wait is over for i've waited years!Patience is the key as you said however real life calls me right now and i've been dodging it these few weeks for i had enough problems to make me shut in again.

As you can see i don't mind following through detailed guides step by step but the more i read the more overwhelmed i get.I basicly don't even know how to make my OWN modded skyrim but i really DO want to.I even want make my own mods for that matter but the time and dedication scares me deeply.I have some knowladge with adobe programs but nothing too luxurious and my modding history only consists of tweaking with ini settings for simple games.

It's just theres SOOOOOO many stuff to read, understand,test and consider.

I am looking at my skyrim folder and it's full of helpful programs that i do not know how they work and exactly what they do.I wish there was a VERY detailed one page guide with screenshots/videos that containing everything but that's just impossible considering how many stuff there is to know about.

S.t.e.p. site is VERY good don't get me wrong.It is the reason why im able to understand a very tiny bit of whats going on and i really appreciate everyone who helped create and maintained it but even when reading these detailed guides instead of just obeying them with the attitude of ahhh screw it at least i tried , i want to understand why,how and what of things included and that's why i get my confused too often.

I'm also very scared of asking EVERYTHING that keeps popping in my head because it would be a very looong list of questions and i would require a very looong list and specific answers which noone in their right mind would waste their time on.English being my second language does not help much either.Well my english is not that bad obviously but the terms man...the terms that i have never seen in my life.

LOL oh wow i wrote a life story over there sorry about it.

Do what I do. 

Read EVERYTHING at least twice before downloading ANYTHING. If you're unsure what a tool does, read its help files. Read the whole guide over so you know what to do, and then read it again so you're certain.

Be painstaking. I know we all WANT to get finished so we can go slicin, dicin and flamin bandits, dragons and anyone else who gets in our way, but keep in mind the final goal is a good, solid game that looks good, plays well and entertains you. Rushing, making errors and ending with a crash filled mess isn't entertaining...

And yes, as said above, jumping right to SRLEX is a bold start, with that many mods to install it's going to take some time. Just be careful, read, read again and then read again. If you're still not sure, ask questions. Also search around the forums, it's possible the issue you're having might have been asked about before.

Lastly: Test, test and test once more. Run the game between every block of mods you add. Obviously make sure anything that's still missing masters is unchecked when you do. Run around, try and check things like crafting stuff, make sure it's working, make sure the perk trees are working, make sure the ENB, if used is actually on and looks OK. When you're happy, continue with mod installation. 

Extra lastly, have fun. :) Now you've been bitten by the modding bug, you'll be forever chasing DA UBER skyrim setup. :)

Lol you're a bold man attempting SRLE/Extended in your first week of modding Skyrim.

People around here tend to be pretty helpful and nice, just remember to read everything carefully - a big thing that hurt me early on was feeling like I just wanted to be 'done', so I tried to rush through some parts. It didn't help much.

I'm now finishing a huge install I've been working on for about a month continuously now - remember that just finishing the guide is really only the first part. If you really want to be sure everything is working right, you will have to do some testing, and depending on how that goes, you may have to go between testing and tweaking a bit before everything is resolved. Patience is key.

This. If you try to rush through, or take shortcuts, you'll end up doing MORE work. Modding Skyrim is a commitment and needs some TLC. ;)