SRLE Extended

How many of those SRLE Extended Conflict Records might be gamebreaking or causing ctd's if any? I guess NPC records might not be an issue, but this could cause?

0004D8D6 <DA02> "Boethiah's Calling" (Might be best to hide non conflicting files this one gets tricky)
  • Conflict Resolution - Use Record from Civil War Overhaul then merge Scripts Properties "DA02 CurseScript Fragments QuestesAliases "Knifepointridgelocation"Stages from TheChoiceIsYours.esp
  • Problem Resolved - Changes from Civil War Overhaul and The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options needed to be merged.

AFAIK Civil War Overhaul mod is pretty heavily scripted and there are lot of edits you need to drag and drop manually. Had to download premade CR patch to see how it actually goes.

Happy Memorial day all!

I just added a merge of several of my mods built specifically for SRLE Extended, including additions to new homes in Arthmoor's villages, Courier's home, Books of Skyrim store, etc.  If you strayed from SRLEX at all, make sure you look at the ReadMe file to see the list of required mods, and you'll need to make your CR amendments from there.

The mod and CR patch can be found in the Optionals section here...https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/74345/?.  Let Loot sort the main plugin, but add meta data rule to the SRLEX patch to load after Immersive Citizens - CRF Patch.esp.

Mods that were merged are...

Let me know if you have any issues.

P.S. I'm in the process of making a desaturated version of the furniture that should blend in a little better to the SRLEX environment.  I'll post those in the next week and you can just merge them into the main mod if you choose.

Enjoy!

Edited by Gutmaw
  • +1 3

How many of those SRLE Extended Conflict Records might be gamebreaking or causing ctd's if any? I guess NPC records might not be an issue, but this could cause?

0004D8D6 "Boethiah's Calling" (Might be best to hide non conflicting files this one gets tricky)
  • Conflict Resolution - Use Record from Civil War Overhaul then merge Scripts Properties "DA02 CurseScript Fragments QuestesAliases "Knifepointridgelocation"Stages from TheChoiceIsYours.esp
  • Problem Resolved - Changes from Civil War Overhaul and The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options needed to be merged.

AFAIK Civil War Overhaul mod is pretty heavily scripted and there are lot of edits you need to drag and drop manually. Had to download premade CR patch to see how it actually goes.

the NPC Records should be properly forwarding the texture overhaul mods plus resolving issue with other mods the effect the NPC's.

and I must admit the Boethiah's Calling record I am very unsure if it right or wrong but no one has yet said it's game breaking yet.

Happy Memorial day all!

I just added a merge of several of my mods built specifically for SRLE Extended, including additions to new homes in Arthmoor's villages, Courier's home, Books of Skyrim store, etc.  If you strayed from SRLEX at all, make sure you look at the ReadMe file to see the list of required mods, and you'll need to make your CR amendments from there.

The mod and CR patch can be found in the Optionals section here...https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/74345/?.  Let Loot sort the main plugin, but add meta data rule to the SRLEX patch to load after Immersive Citizens - CRF Patch.esp.

Mods that were merged are...

Let me know if you have any issues.

P.S. I'm in the process of making a desaturated version of the furniture that should blend in a little better to the SRLEX environment.  I'll post those in the next week and you can just merge them into the main mod if you choose.

Enjoy!

thanks Gutmaw I will let Darth know and it will be included in the next update.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

OK, so more MergePlugins help required please.  Two things, first it won't let me error check the Animal Tweaks merge because it says it is going to break a dependency with one of the files in the RoTE merge (hence the renaming of the esp afterwards) - do I need to deactivate that one esp in MO before launching MergePlugins, build the Animal Tweaks merge, rename it, activate it in MO, reactivate the RoTE file, open MP again and then run the RoTE merge?

More fundamentally first however, MergePlugins won't let me build any merges. Every time I try it throws an error telling me 'Maximum load order reached. Can't create ...'.  How do I get round that?

Maximum Load Order reached? Have you more than 255 plugins? If so, try unticking a few till you have space for the merge you're going to build, then rinse and repeat.

Regards your first point, yes essentially do it that way. untick anything you need to, do the merge, retick/rename etc.

Yes, with a full fresh install of SRLEX minus a few of the female armor mods I have 333 plugins.  I figured that I could just uncheck all in the first list that pops up when you open Merge Plugins, then retick the ones needed for each merge plus any dependencies required (MP won't let you load further until you have all the required plugins which can end up forming a bit of a chain as each initial mod dependency you reactivate may well have further esps it relies on and so on).  I'll eventually get to a point once the first few larger merges are added and activated in MO that the list loading in to MP is below 255 and will then work fine.

Just to make you laugh too my Kitchen Sink Edition is starting out with 465 plugins before I run my merges :p

Edited by dunc001

@dunc001

If I understood correctly yours posts above, and since you are still building up your mod list/load order; a piece of advice:

Only load in MP the plugins you want to merge in a contiguous fashion and not you entire load order. That means, no matter if you have < 255 or 1000 esps...drag the ones you want to merge at the bottom or your load order (right pane of MO) as to be contiguous, arrange them the way you you want them to be merged, load up MP, deselect everything, scroll to the bottom, tick the ones to be merged, select (highlight) them -> right click Check Masters (iirc) , tick any other required masters not been enabled by the previous step until OK button becomes clickable...then load!

This way MP will never complain about esp number limit.

Hope this helps!  ::):

• +1 1

Hope this helps!  ::):

Exactly what needed to hear, thank you so much. Following on then, once the merges are made and loaded in to MO and activated I had thought I just had to disable the original plugins in the right pane until Lexy advised to just disable the original mods in the left pane. However some of the merges don't include all the esps from the original mod even if they do include all the other mod assets (textures, etc). So the question is, should I be manually checking what is included in each merge mod against each original mod and only disabling the original if everything is included in the merge, otherwise just moving the merged esps up in the optionals tab. Or is it safer just to disabled the original esps in there left pane and accepting that the merge may contain duplicate resources to the originals which whilst taking up space presumably won't cause a problem (rule of one)?

Well merge plugin standalone will copy everything else is in the mod folder where you have an esp that you merge. So even if you merge just one esp in the mod and there are others that are not included in... all the folders(textures, meshes, ...etc) will be copied in the new merge mod folder. So you will just have to copy to the new mod the esp that is not in the merge and disable the original mod.

Edited by paul666root

.......So the question is, should I be manually checking what is included in each merge mod against each original mod and only disabling the original if everything is included in the merge, otherwise just moving the merged esps up in the optionals tab. Or is it safer just to disabled the original esps in there left pane and accepting that the merge may contain duplicate resources to the originals which whilst taking up space presumably won't cause a problem (rule of one)?

The reason that the SR:LE base guide and thus Lexy and Darth and most people in here, suggest to disable the entire installation of the mods you are merging is because of 1 setting in MP..."Copy General Assets".

If you are using this setting, which I assume you are, then you need to disable the entire mods as not to have fake conflicting assets. You will though have the assets actually installed twice but will not be shown in the "Conflicts" tab of MO.

On the other hand you should always check what is included in your merged folder...usually when a mod contains more than one plugin (RSChildren comes to mind) and you are merging the one and not the other(s) then the unmerged ones will not end up in your merged folder. So you either manually copy them there and then disable the corresponding mod or you leave the mod checked and just move to the optional folder the plugin that you merged.

In any case I am not following the "Copy General Assets" feature of MP; but this is just a personal preference.

But ALWAYS you need to check what ends up in your merged folder and most importantly why. This takes a bit of time and practice to realize but I am sure you will get there soon enough!  ::):

@dunc001

What I did was I made a copy of my SRLE Extended profile and called it "Merging" then deactive all mods within this new profile. I then ONLY load up the mods I wish to merge plus an others needed as master for said merge, for me a least this make things so much easier to handle.