W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Does the Preparations mod allow you to meditate but restricts the benefits if done in the wrong place? I was able to meditate away from a fire, in town, etc. Not sure if I got the mod working, curious what you're seeing.

I haven't looked personally yet... but from the mod description:

"Meditation requirements and restrictions are also configurable via in-game menu: by default meditating away from fire is disallowed and you need to either use an existing campfire or spawn a campfire of your own using timber. You can remove timber requirements or disable campfire requirements completely to be able to meditate anywhere at any time. And you can also set up harder requirements like disallow player spawned campfires to only use pre-existing ones, or disable meditation in interiors, in settlements, near non-allied NPCs."

Edit, made a check on this when updating my guide tonight... works fine for me. Make sure all parts of the mod are installed... especially all of the settings files + the mod menu. If its still not working, try loading defaults in the mod menu.

P.S. So many mods, so little time. :) I'll get done modding and actually sit to play eventually... got another 5 or 6 mods queued up in my testing pile.

I rechecked the 3 file cut and paste steps, thought one was weird and redid it. I have the menu fine but it will let me meditate anywhere. Specifically turned off meditation indoors and tried it inside and it let me. I'm beginning to think I should restore all those text files but I don't have the originals :( may have to reinstall the game. I'll try a fresh save to see if that makes a difference.

But to be certain, when you select n, it will not let you select the time to meditate and select e to apply it? Geralt will not squat in the meditation position graphically?

Edited by mcshame

I rechecked the 3 file cut and paste steps, thought one was weird and redid it. I have the menu fine but it will let me meditate anywhere. Specifically turned off meditation indoors and tried it inside and it let me. I'm beginning to think I should restore all those text files but I don't have the originals :( may have to reinstall the game. I'll try a fresh save to see if that makes a difference.

But to be certain, when you select n, it will not let you select the time to meditate and select e to apply it? Geralt will not squat in the meditation position graphically?

Hold down N.... don't simply press N. I think you can meditate vanilla style anywhere but you can't move skills and/or craft potions and oils without going into the mods "Live" meditation state.

it might be worth also changing the vanilla default mediation hotkey which is also N I changed mine to like F6 that way the N key should only be for Preparations. it might be worth you mentioning that Neo it the guide

Thanks Darth.  Redid the build and mapped N as you suggested.  Preparations now comes up fine.

Hi Neo -

I see the Reshade preset section is still marked TBD. Are there any presets that you've been considering? Or are you waiting for something new and of quality to be created with the new Reshade 3.0 framework?

To be honest reshades are the last item on the list... still have more to test and my fps is already borderline for me... but I'll eventually get to it.

Figured out how to make fires and meditate properly and using existing campires, had to play with the signs for flame interaction.  

Ohh, and wolves are killing me alot, like every time...I seriously need to figure out how to fight with a keyboard...

Get good FPS with my build, always over 30, mostly over 40 FPS, very happy.  Hairworks is on low, but still looks really nice.  Even noticed the mane of the horse uses it!

Edited by mcshame

I would need to try again to make sure, but this is what I believe I did.

Go up to an existing campfire, the one at the start of the game near the trader that is attacked by the Griffin, there is a guard standing next to it.  If you try to meditate, I had nothing happen because I didn't have timber and got that message.  I them changed my sign to snuff out or light the fire and I would then get the interaction message with the existing fire.  Now try to meditate, it should work.

I was also getting annoyed that I had the selection to meditate indoors but it always said not here.  I figured out this message was likely due to the setting to not allow fires to be built indoors (makes sense!).  So I did the same, selected the sign and got the interact message and presto, meditation working.  

I also changes 2 settings, to leave the campfire after I made it and to store the geographical position.  This seemed to work and I was able to reuse and existing campfire I built.  I think I like this setting but for immersion, it likely makes sense that it should no longer be used and new material required to make a new one. But I think I know have the hang of the fire part of this mod. Haven't played far yet as I'm still playing with settings...and getting killed by wolves.  To hell with this Dark March!     

Edited by mcshame

I would need to try again to make sure, but this is what I believe I did.

Go up to an existing campfire, the one at the start of the game near the trader that is attacked by the Griffin, there is a guard standing next to it. If you try to meditate, I had nothing happen because I didn't have timber and got that message. I them changed my sign to snuff out or light the fire and I would then get the interaction message with the existing fire. Now try to meditate, it should work.

I was also getting annoyed that I had the selection to meditate indoors but it always said not here. I figured out this message was likely due to the setting to not allow fires to be built indoors (makes sense!). So I did the same, selected the sign and got the interact message and presto, meditation working.

I also changes 2 settings, to leave the campfire after I made it and to store the geographical position. This seemed to work and I was able to reuse and existing campfire I built. I think I like this setting but for immersion, it likely makes sense that it should no longer be used and new material required to make a new one. But I think I know have the hang of the fire part of this mod. Haven't played far yet as I'm still playing with settings...and getting killed by wolves. To hell with this Dark March!

thanks mcshame that did it just now need to remember to be on igni or aard when i want to meditate near a fire.

I'll be sure to write a note in the known issues section tonight. :)