W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Also, I had a question. I've asked this before and never got a response so I apologize if this is a duplicate but why was the increased LOD mod removed? Is there a new mod that covers it? Or can you achieve the same effect with config tweaks?

Sorry for all of the posts and looking forward to new guide updates.

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

OK, maybe I shouldn't be giving out any advice about texture merging. I added some armor retexture mods and merged them so that I wouldn't go over the mod limit. Unfortunately, in-game I either don't get the retexture or the textures are missing entirely i.e. Geralt's torso disappears. Any suggestions?

OK, maybe I shouldn't be giving out any advice about texture merging. I added some armor retexture mods and merged them so that I wouldn't go over the mod limit. Unfortunately, in-game I either don't get the retexture or the textures are missing entirely i.e. Geralt's torso disappears. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure. Maybe you can only merge certain types of mods? Or maybe there's a limit to how many mods you can merge? I'm not too familiar with it. I sent the mod merger author a message on the nexus regarding a process error I kept getting and he said it's related to the BLOOD mod so perhaps it's hit or miss on which mods can be merged and which can't?

Hi Neo, i've always this message when i start the game. Do i have to merge this? There's nothing in your guide about merging ingamemenu,

Thanks

Error [modfriendlyhud]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(309): Could not find function 'RefreshMainMenuAfterContentLoaded'

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Seems like all of ramccoid's mods cannot be merged.

Good to know. Wonder if it's the same with rustine's armor mods? I get errors in Mod Merger about textures not loading. I'm currently trying to merge a bunch of other stuff so that I can fit them in under the mod limit.

Tried to hold out and actually finish my first play through, but an overhaul mode for TW3 is too much to resist. Looks like I'll be spending another couple hundred hours with this game. Damn you Neovalen! (j/k)

I'm curious why Immersive Cam has been dropped? Seemed like a pretty core part of the first version of this guide.

After firing up my newly modded game, I see that my inquiry about Immersive Cam falls firmly in the "stupid question" category. I'm not sure which mod is adjusting the camera.... but I like it.

So I finished testing mods with old save games and started fresh.... only to find that I'm back to the default game camera. There must have been something baked into my old save games that was modifying the camera. Does anyone know if we can still add Immersive Cam to this guide?

Edited by EthanII

So I finished testing mods with old save games and started fresh.... only to find that I'm back to the default game camera. There must have been something baked into my old save games that was modifying the camera. Does anyone know if we can still add Immersive Cam to this guide?

In case anyone is wondering, it seems to work fine. Script Merger handled all conflicts automatically. The only small issue I can find is that the camera winds up being a bit too high when you're in Preparation's meditation mode (not a big deal given that you'll usually be in the Alchemy, Character, or Inventory screens during meditation anyway).

Thanks so much for this modlist!

I used it a long time ago, but the changes you've made with the advent of the GOTY version is awesome.

I would make one mod suggestion, even though I know it will be a controversial one.  Ghost Mode and Preparation increases the difficulty, but not unrealistically.

So why is it that Geralt of Rivia, Master Witcher, knows *nothing* about his own profession?  At least in the original game, it made sense with the amnesia.  But that's been resolved since the second game.  Even if it hadn't, he's learned dozens of potions and concoctions over Witcher 1 & 2.  What about his bestiary?  Why does he not have even the most basic monster knowledge of the monsters he fights.

Instead, I present "Geralt is Smart".  I've been using this since the a few months after the game first came out, and honestly, I refuse to play without it.  

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/547/?

Basically, it adds the first tier of all potions recipes and the most of the basic, non-unique bestiary entries for monsters Geralt has faced in the past.  It does require Script Merger to work, but so far, I've not had any issues it.  Focus and immersion can add challenge where needed, but it can also remove needlessly "game-y" mechanics that artificially nerf your progress in the early game.