W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Sorry I have not been around of late, hopefully all is well with everyone. I will be re-modding my game and thus updating the guide in the near future. Since I will be starting a new game, those with games in progress may or may not want to follow along with the changes... I am thinking of going with an overhaul such as Ghost Mode by wghost81 (author of many of the best mods for TW3) that is still under active development. I will also be switching my base game version to the GOG GOTY edition which CDProjekt gave to everyone with the game and both DLCs.

I am also likely to recommend manual installation methods instead of using the old NMM since there are lots of manual steps already in this guide and it just cuts out the middleman. Anyway, wanted to throw a heads up so people are not shocked. :)

Not shocked, just overjoyed to hear this.  Will definitely jump on this coming guide.  GOG has a sale on the GOTY edition so picked it up.  No more PS4 playthroughs for me.  Looking forward to it 

Nice, looks quite a bit tougher. Looks like the mod author is doing an overhaul of it for Ghost Mode

Yeah, Ghost Mode was designed to be used with it. The overhaul is to add new features / implement some things better.

That being said, Ghost Mode + Death March is deadly... pain... the pain! lol :)

I am almost tempted yet again to to do a fresh install I am never going to actually ever finish this game at this rate.

The key with this game is not to step away from it for too long in a playthrough.  After a leave from it, it's almost overwhelming to approach it again due to the size of the story.  It's quite an investment in time, but well worth it.

On that topic (time investment), those with experience with GOG Galaxy, will I be able to get achievements? I slaved over getting all of them (including Death March) on the PS4 and I guess I would like to get them cleared on the PC.

Edited by mcshame

Too hard or just the lack of alcohol? Curious what your plays type is like.

it more i really like the look of ghost mode and i did serious consider the preparations mod over Primer. Plus Primer animation in combat are still buggy so I have turned them off altogether now. As for the lack of Alcohol I just made a ton of white gull instead.

you could also do with a Gwent Overhaul not sure which one though.

Edited by Darth_mathias