W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Guys just to be clear...you do not need to start merging Texture mods unless you are hitting the limit.

You will know when you need to do so...you will get ILS when the you try to load you save.

I assume Neo has done it for consistent purposes (and for the users to start practising the idea) of the various components of the "ALL" mod.

He said he reached the limit that's why he did it.

The guide as it sits, without the merge, is at the limit... exactly. That means adding one texture mod on top will break it, hence why I added the merge / instructions... I'm not done adding yet. :)

Found this out trying to test TES mod.

Jump in Shallow Water https://www.nexusmods...er3/mods/1191/?

has just earned a permanent place in my LO.

I had this mod installed previously, it is likely to be added.

so far I am not using:

Chest hair for Geralt

Geralt HairWorks Colors and Styles (I can live without hairworks)

Lore Friendly Ciri

Lore Friendly Witchers

Improved Sign effects (This may change)

More Blood (again this may change)

Pesky sword trails begone

I am using the Herb only version of Autoloot

I am going to look at

Jump in Shallow Water https://www.nexusmods...er3/mods/1191/?

Curious as to why you don't like / use some of these mods. Most interested in the lore friendly ones, I consider those almost essential now. Similarly with sword trails...

As for Autoloot, it can be customized with filters if there is a particular item/items you don't want to pick up automatically... I find the loot window annoying lol.

Curious as to why you don't like / use some of these mods. Most interested in the lore friendly ones, I consider those almost essential now. Similarly with sword trails...

As for Autoloot, it can be customized with filters if there is a particular item/items you don't want to pick up automatically... I find the loot window annoying lol.

it's not that i don't like them it's more i haven't really tried them out and my Witcher 3 setup is still mostly based on when I had my GTX970 instead of my GTX980Ti.

This looks interesting  Better Trophies  https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1006/?

I do not think it is 100% compatible with 1.21 and definitely not with B&W.

I used to use it but now I am seriously looking at ProMods

The guide as it sits, without the merge, is at the limit... exactly. That means adding one texture mod on top will break it, hence why I added the merge / instructions... I'm not done adding yet. :)

Well...as I have said previously your mileage may vary of what this limit is.

I am using all of your textures Neo (not merged) plus another 5 or 6 additional texture mods. Still have not reached the limit.

From what I have understood back in time, there is no pattern as to how and why this happens or a finite number of texture mods.

In any case I am plannig to add a few more so I will need to merge some sooner or later.

great guide on the texture merging, quick and painless. definitely simplified it quite a bit for me xD

Thanks for your work as always, I'm looking forward to the next batch of mods you add to the guide :)

for reference I've started using a few more mods in my own personal install which include;

Super Turbo Lighting Mod (2.2.1 + optional HairBang )- https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/657/?

Real Time - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1567/?

No Witcher Sense Zoom FX plus Toggle and Range (Witcher Sense Double Range optional only) - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/351/?

Increased LOD - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/949/?

Immersive AI (Immersive Cam Optional file) - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/689/?

Does anyone reading this have experience with The Enhancement System mod besides just installing it? I'm worried about it making the player overpowered... and of course the "cheat" Gwent merchant that is included in it. The concept looks great though. So far from what I've seen its pretty good, but I'm just running around White Orchard very early game. At least the Gwent merchant is easy enough to avoid...

Does anyone reading this have experience with The Enhancement System mod besides just installing it? I'm worried about it making the player overpowered... and of course the "cheat" Gwent merchant that is included in it. The concept looks great though. So far from what I've seen its pretty good, but I'm just running around White Orchard very early game. At least the Gwent merchant is easy enough to avoid...

I've been playing with it for about the last 10 hours of my playthrough, although I'm not terribly far, still in Velen haven't gone to Novigrad yet... So far it doesn't seem overpowered at all. I've gotten a few relic blades and they seem to be appropriate damage for my current level and have some unique stats as well that make them feel nice. I haven't played around with the dismantling thing yet, but it's to my understanding that most relic blades only have 2 upgrade stages, so there's the base blade, then you dismantle for the first upgrade diagram which seems to put the blade around DLC/end game level range (early 30's) then you dismantle again and you get the second upgrade diagram which I assume puts the blade in end game NG+ range (60-70) but that's purely my speculation as I haven't been able to get to the second stage. Also when I dismantled the base version of one of my blades and got the upgrade diagram I noticed that only the damage stats changed and not the unique stats, so things like burn and bleed effects stayed the same values so that shoudn't be very overpowered. Also I'm under the impression that all Relic blades now start off with only 1 rune slot and you get the second one on the second upgrade and the third on the third upgrade.

there seems to also be blades and armor that have 3&4 upgrade stages, but not that many and they appear to for late game high level stuff. an then there's also very few things that have a special feature and that's infinite upgrades where you dismantle and apparently the armor/sword scales with your level... which sounds pretty ******* cool, the Kaer Morhen Armor is apart of this i think.

all in all it doesn't seem too OP and as long as the author has balanced some of the blades correctly it sould be fine, all signs so far point to them being pretty balanced as long as your playing on Death March. Also if you use the FULL version of the enhancement system then the potion and oil animations make combat a **** ton harder since you actually have to find openings to drink potions and apply oil and let me tell you this can be really difficult xD

honestly though the best way to really test all this is just to try it out for an extended period of time yourself. I have very limited time with the mod so far so only time will really tell.

Edited by Towa

Those animations really make the combat hard... so i don't think it's OP i think it's the reverse actually.

and with the crossbow balance now the weapon is actually usefull as with the vanilla version when i didn't used it only underwater ...

And about the gwent dealer... you can always just ignore him and don't "cheat". Anyway if someone wants to cheat they will always do so.... 

Are you using TES with the Recommended Mods list by the author? there are some pretty interesting mods that he recommends.

Edited by paul666root

I am currently testing using the Light version of TES. This one includes the equipment changes, but not the animations, crossbow, money weight, or UI changes. Mainly because I have other mods I am considering for those items.

I think the thing that stuck out in my head regarding TES and balance was doing the Firestarter quest in White Orchard gave me a 3 slot relic hammer with 14% crit, 8% stun, 1% instant death, etc. Granted the base dmg wasn't much higher than my starter Witcher blade. It still made me think I'm not even level 2 yet and have a 3 slot relic with pretty massive secondary stats. If that trend continues then it will likely make the game too easy lol.

I am currently testing using the Light version of TES. This one includes the equipment changes, but not the animations, crossbow, money weight, or UI changes. Mainly because I have other mods I am considering for those items.

I think the thing that stuck out in my head regarding TES and balance was doing the Firestarter quest in White Orchard gave me a 3 slot relic hammer with 14% crit, 8% stun, 1% instant death, etc. Granted the base dmg wasn't much higher than my starter Witcher blade. It still made me think I'm not even level 2 yet and have a 3 slot relic with pretty massive secondary stats. If that trend continues then it will likely make the game too easy lol.

It's worth noting that you can't dismantle secondary weapons like hammers for upgrade diagrams, so while yes that is a bit OP for that point in the game past a certain point it's not gonna be useful anymore and it's crap against monster anyways so... do people really use secondary weapons anyways?

It's worth noting that you can't dismantle secondary weapons like hammers for upgrade diagrams, so while yes that is a bit OP for that point in the game past a certain point it's not gonna be useful anymore and it's crap against monster anyways so... do people really use secondary weapons anyways?

It seemed no different to the blade to me, still one handed, still as quick. That, and it was upgradable after dismantling. According to the site it is one of the infinitely upgradable weapons.

It seemed no different to the blade to me, still one handed, still as quick. That, and it was upgradable after dismantling. According to the site it is one of the infinitely upgradable weapons.

oh okay I didn't know that... you must be talking about the hammer that the mod author put in the game himself? Mjölnir? if so then yeah it has infinite upgrades. I've tried to dismantle several other relic secondary weapons and have not gotten a upgrade diagram so... that's why I figured it was no different for you.

I personally don't ever use secondaries, I just prefer swords plus why would a Witcher use a hammer in combat? that doesn't seem very lore-friendly.

Edited by Towa