Laser Rifle glow and Laser Pistol Energy Cell clipping

wastehero2

Question

Having a very strange problem where part of the laser rifle body and the stock don't match the rest of the rifle and grow very strangely. It's basically the same problem as the previous posted topic. However, I can't seem to find any kind of solution whatsoever. I tried hiding whatever textures might be causing the problem and seeing if there are any mods aside from EVE that replace the meshes (which no do) so I think its a problem with the mesh from EVE but I have no idea how to resolve it. I believe I followed Clear & Present Danger for most mods except I decided to omit FWE and RH Iron Sights (as well as Weapon Mod Kits). Any help would be appreciated as this is a very annoying issue.

( (Picture curtesy of CreamyRaccon) 6bdc574f90951136f8f3683f729da2ce.jpg

plugins.txt

modlist.txt

loadorder.txt

8 answers to this question

I finally fixed it. I tried what was suggested in the previous thread and deleting the color controller using nifskope to the particular part that was glowing resolved the issue.

The fix can be found here https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/128199-ironsights-and-ammotypes/?p=7240768 (Thanks for CreamyRaccon for originally finding this fix)

I also managed to fix the laser pistol clipping of the small energy cell by manually editing the mesh provided by EVE, if anyone wants the mesh or instructions on how to do it just send me a message.

Edited by wastehero2

I believe the glowing part is a single node in the mesh (based on NV one). If you're missing a glowmap, which contains black regions of which parts of the mesh to not glow, then the entire node will glow. Check the mesh and see if both nodes point to the same glowmap, e.g. LaserRifle_g.dds 1stPersonLaserRifle_g.dds (I don't know the actual file offhand).

Here's a general workflow to checking your meshes.

1. Add the Nifskope executable NifSkope.exe.
  2. Launch Nifskope through MO (this allows Nifskope to automatically pull all the correct textures that you've installed through MO).
  3. Go to your EVE mod in the left pane of MO, Right Click, and Click Open in Explorer.
  4. Navigate to mesh of choice, in this case I think it should be meshes/weapons/2handrifle/laserrifle.nif, open with Nifskope (.nif should already be associated with Nifskope)
  5. Click where on the weapon you want to look, in this case the glowing part.  It will highlight the corresponding node in the left panel.
  6. Expand the Node.
  7. Expand BSSShaderPPLightingProperty.
  8. Select BSSHaderTextureSet, and double click the blue flower icon in the bottom pane to expand the textures.
  9. There should be a _g.dds texture.  Check if this matches what is listed for the non glowing part of the weapon (click another part of the mesh and do the same thing for that)

You're most likely either missing a glowmap, or have something wrong with the mesh.

EDIT: Also does it glow when you drop the weapon on the ground?

Edited by Adonis_VII

No it doesn't glow when dropped on the ground. I also did what you said in nifskope but nothing changed? The weapon is just all white still

This is what I actually did in nifskope, I just changed out the textures that EVE uses with the ones provided by the Laser Rifle retexture 0Piryqa.png

Edited by wastehero2

I've looked at the textures EVE uses in NifSkope and they appear to be the ones that are "glowing" so it seems that the issue is that for whatever reason the texture EVE uses aren't being replaced by the Laser Rifle Retexture and Weapon Enhancement Pack. So how would you resolve that issue?

Edited by wastehero2

Just thought I would add to this, I had the same issue as the OP, I resolved it using Fo3Edit, I changed Static->1stPersonLaserRifle->Model to match the Blackened RH+FWE+EVE.esp, for whatever reason the bashed patch had added extra texture included in the RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm, most likely installation error on my part but its fixed now with no need for Nifskope editing, hope this helps.