Weight Problems with Powered Power Armor

dreamer1986

Question

I just finished Operation Anchorage, managed to get the wonderful Power Armor reward, but it seems that I can't have it cancel out the extra weight.

Since I finished OA, I got the basic PA training, which should have made the PA weightless while wearing it, but instead I have a ton of penalties and full weight, making it impossible to actually use.

I tried recharging the armor with Fission Batteries, to 100%, but still, no benefit.

Is it a bug or just me not knowing how to use the mod?

9 answers to this question

You don't need the power armor training to use it; this perk is added when entering the armory. This perk allows the use of power armor, it does not reduce all power armor weight to zero. For increased realism FWE changes the weight of the Winterized T-51b power armor to 110 lbs. The armor itself provides an additional 65 lbs weight capacity plus strength increase of 2. You should see the effect of these in your carrying capacity in the Items tab of the Pipboy. These effects compensate for most but not all of the weight gain of the armor.

You don't need the power armor training to use it; this perk is added when entering the armory. This perk allows the use of power armor, it does not reduce all power armor weight to zero. For increased realism FWE changes the weight of the Winterized T-51b power armor to 110 lbs. The armor itself provides an additional 65 lbs weight capacity plus strength increase of 2. You should see the effect of these in your carrying capacity in the Items tab of the Pipboy. These effects compensate for most but not all of the weight gain of the armor.

Thank you for the reply. But my problem is that there is absolutely no weight compensation. When I put the power armor on, I get no bonuses, only penalties, even if the armor is fully charged. So if the total armor weighs let's say 130, when I put it on its unchanged, I'm still 130 lb heavier.

Edited by dreamer1986

Look in FO3Edit at FormID "00061544", the T-51b Power Armor effect. FWE adds the 2 effects I mentioned. Make sure these are also in the latest loading plugin. 

Sorry, but which plugin should I choose to look at that ID? And the latest loading plugin is the bashed patch.

Search for the ID by typing it into the FormID box at the upper left then hit enter, or search in the Anchorage.esm plugin effects for the T-51b armor effect. Look at all the plugins, especially the right-most plugin (the one that wins). If the bashed patch is the winner make sure it gets the additional effects from FWE or another plugin. If it doesn't have the right effects then the bash tags on the other mods need to be modified so the effect shows up in the bashed patch. In my game the bashed patch does pick up this effect and it shows up in the game.

Search for the ID by typing it into the FormID box at the upper left then hit enter, or search in the Anchorage.esm plugin effects for the T-51b armor effect. Look at all the plugins, especially the right-most plugin (the one that wins). If the bashed patch is the winner make sure it gets the additional effects from FWE or another plugin. If it doesn't have the right effects then the bash tags on the other mods need to be modified so the effect shows up in the bashed patch. In my game the bashed patch does pick up this effect and it shows up in the game.

Okay, so this is what I see with FO3Edit:

28oy95.png

But my suspicion is that Powered Power Armor and the patch that removed the strength benefits, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/16591/? , are somehow to blame, and don't see them in FO3Edit.

In the "PPA and FWE Armor Balancer" mod description it says: "with basic PA training (-10lbs, -5 AGL, -1 PER), i felt that once i got PA, i tended to ignore everything else so the penalties are still high enough that the PA is useable but its not perfect as you're still learning the ropes.". But is that supposed to mean that it cancels the bonus carry weight as well?

Active Mod Files:

00  Fallout3.esm
01  Anchorage.esm
02  ThePitt.esm
03  BrokenSteel.esm
04  PointLookout.esm
05  Zeta.esm
06  Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm  [Version 1.8]
07  CALIBR.esm  [Version 1.4]
08  Inventory Access.esm
09  aHUD.esm
0A  iHUD.esm
0B  Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
0C  ArefuExpandedByAzar.esm
0D  DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
0E  Project Beauty.esm
0F  EVE.esm  [Version 0.99]
10  Mothership Crew.esm  [Version 1.66]
11  AWorldOfPainFO3.esm
12  RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm
13  Vault 101 Revisited.esm
14  CRAFT.esm
15  FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
16  tubrrCompound.esm
17  xCALIBR.esm
18  20th Century Weapons.esm
19  DarNifiedUIF3.esp
1A  Realistic Interior Lighting.esp
1B  Rivet City Realignment.esp
1C  The Mantis Imperative - Mantis.esp  [Version 1.08]
1D  FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
1E  tubRRCompound.esp
1F  Flashlight-LOS.esp
20  DynamicCrosshair.esp
21  PPA - The Pitt.esp
22  CASM.esp
23  YearlingBooks.esp
24  The Mantis Imperative - Jello.esp  [Version 1.08--ADVENTURE]
25  HeirApparent.esp  [Version 1.81]
26  FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
27  DCInt_ARoomWithAView.esp
28  WeaponModKits.esp
29  RH_WMK_Bridge.esp
2A  WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp
2B  20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp
++  20th_Century_Weapons -Plus- Reborn_v1_70RC-18668_Ironsights_v1_1.esp
++  DIFF.esp
2C  FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
2D  FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
2E  UUF3P - FWE Patch.esp
2F  Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty.esp  [Version 3.3]
30  Blackened RH + FWE + EVE.esp  [Version 1.0]
++  FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
31  PLweightadjust.esp  [Version 1.08]
32  NotSoFast.esp  [Version 1.07]
33  MoreMapMarkers.esp
34  Caravan Merchants Heal After Combat.esp
35  FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
++  FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp
36  Dragonskin Tactical Outfit.esp
37  Powered Power Armor.esp
38  PPA - Broken Steel.esp
39  PPA - Operation Anchorage.esp
3A  ArefuExpandedByAzar-Radio.esp
3B  RubblePilesFix.esp
++  Mart's Mutant Mod - DC Interiors.esp
3C  Dree Perks.esp
3D  CALIBRv14 Ammunition Schematics for FWE-WMK-CRAFT-V1_3-18639.esp
3E  PPA - FWE.esp
3F  ZL-SVD-CALIBR.esp
40  IntoTheDeepWoods.esp  [Version 1.061]
41  PAL - MERGED.esp
42  PPA - Mothership Zeta.esp
43  IntoTheDeepWoods-Forested Overhaul Patch.esp
**  Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp
**  Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp
44  DragonskinBonusPack.esp
++  xCALIBR_20CW_v5.12.esp
45  WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp
46  WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp
47  WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp
48  WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp
49  WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp
4A  PLFewerItems.esp
++  20th Century Weapons Non-Changing Weapon Conditions.esp
4B  CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
4C  GNR Enhanced.esp
++  PPA - FWE 2.esp
++  PPA - FWE Tougher NPC Power Armour.esp
++  Dragonskin_for_FWE_2014.esp
++  SVDForFWE.esp
4D  20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn Cut Weapons.esp
++  FO3LODGen.esp
4E  Flora Overhaul.esp
4F  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Edit:

Okay, I did a test. I rebuilt the bashed patch without merging PPA - FWE 2.esp and PPA - FWE Tougher NPC Power Armour.esp, and the weight problem is gone. So the culprit is indeed "PPA and FWE Armor Balancer", which removes all bonuses, and puts only penalties, making the Power Armor impossible to use.

But the weight now is completely canceled out, with +110 lbs bonus, so the PPA is OP. Too bad there is no middle ground  ::(:  .

Edited by dreamer1986

I don't typically use the Power Armor training game perk, just the perk that Anchorage provides. You could always add a patch to change the effect of the game perk (loaded at or near the end of the load order) and if desired add back the "PPA and FWE Armor Balancer" mod for other changes.

I don't typically use the Power Armor training game perk, just the perk that Anchorage provides. You could always add a patch to change the effect of the game perk (loaded at or near the end of the load order) and if desired add back the "PPA and FWE Armor Balancer" mod for other changes.

But that's the perk I got as well, the one given by Anchorage, not by More Perks, or the main quest.