'Hi-Res Pip-Boy' Installing Incorrectly/'High Detail Map and Icons' Not Detecting It

SynthetikHD

Question

Another issue here.. https://imgur.com/a/mHf5c

Either the 'Hi-Res Pip-Boy' isn't installing correctly or the 'High Detail Map and Icons' isn't detecting it.

Pic #1: Click install 'Hi-Res Pip-Boy', says no game data on top level

Pic #2: Click ok, says it likely won't work and says something about correcting the directory. I'm not sure what that means so I click ignore

Pic #3: 'Hi-Res Pip-Boy is grayed out and in italics

Pic #4: After installing 'High Detail Map and Icons' the lines I'm supposed to change are all set at 724 instead of 660

Tried reinstalling both and no luck.

11 answers to this question

Not really :ermm: . The internal fomod processor doesn't process the fomod quite correctly :down: . Maybe we need to ad this to the MO Bugfix list. I plan to add an alternate way to install the mod. Basically you use manual install in MO and then choose the correct folders which already have self-explanatory names. I haven't had time to write this up and test it.

When that little windows pops up it means MO is not quite sure what goes in the data folder and what doesn't. Think of it as a mini temporary data folder that MO needs to make sure that when you install a mod, everything goes where it is supposed to. In this case, in that little window you need to right-click on data and click "Set Data Directory." This will tell MO that everything below in the file structure is supposed to go in the Data folder i.e. textures, mehes, sounds, etc. 

If you need further explanation I would be happy to provide assistance.  ::):

Cheers, Audley

Thank you again for replying to another one of my issues. Looks like I need further explanation.

I right clicked and clicked 'Set Data Directory', but nothing happened. Still said no game data on top level and gave the 'likely not to work' message. Still is grayed out and in italics and when I hover over it, it says 'Hi-Res Pip-Boy contains no esm/esp and no asset directory.'

Edited by SynthetikHD

With many mods the Data folder can be located more than one level deep. The first time you right click and select "Set data directory" on the Omnis mod you will see another Data folder and a readme file. If you want to keep the readme file with the mod the drag and drop it into the "Data" folder. Right click on the "Data" folder and again select "Set data directory" This time MO will say it looks good and you can install the mod. If you didn't get Omnis pipboy 300 installed correctly before installing the High Detail map mod, then remove the High Detail map mod and reinstall it once the Omnis pipboy mod is correctly installed.

If you have an full explanation that would be good to add to the guide it would be useful. You initial answer covered most of it quite well and I was planning to add it to the guide; if you have one that also covers the multiple levels I'll add that version ::): .

Thanks

With many mods the Data folder can be located more than one level deep. The first time you right click and select "Set data directory" on the Omnis mod you will see another Data folder and a readme file. If you want to keep the readme file with the mod the drag and drop it into the "Data" folder. Right click on the "Data" folder and again select "Set data directory"

Ahh, thank you, I am a bit of a newb so I'm sure that is something experienced people would have figured out right away. Maybe include the directions in the guide so people like me aren't thrown off?  :^_^:

I was going to write a long explanation but it seems Kelmych has taken care of it. :)

Yea sorry I seem to have done your directions to the "<data>" folder, not the "Data" folder.

However, the numbers in the "menus\main\map_menu.xml" are still set to 724, so the fomod script didn't detect the correct Pipboy replacer plugin? I found the forum post mentioned in the guide, and it said "People getting 724 are likely using the internal fomod, not the external. I had to make MO use the external fomod in order to make it detect correctly. The instructions do actually say to use the external though." Kelmych you seem to have said, "I'll add a note for this mod about using the internal fomod processor." But no note seems to be added.

Someone want to explain this one to me now?  :confused:

Not really :ermm: . The internal fomod processor doesn't process the fomod quite correctly :down: . Maybe we need to ad this to the MO Bugfix list. I plan to add an alternate way to install the mod. Basically you use manual install in MO and then choose the correct folders which already have self-explanatory names. I haven't had time to write this up and test it.

Well alright. The suggestion by Toosdey in the guide and old forum topic seem to have worked perfectly for now, so doing his suggestion will work for anybody who's #'s are 724 and didn't get it set up right until you write up the alternative install method.  :^_^:

Can you post which version of MO you are running because there were a lot of changes to the fomod installer in the 1.3.8 version? If we could clarify that this is an issue or not with the specific version.

v1.2.18

Edit: is this not the most recent version? i see now it is not.  :blush: welp.

will i lose everything if i update to 1.3.8? or should i not?

Edited by SynthetikHD

I'm still using MO 1.2.18 . Switching to 1.3.8 shouldn't cause any significant problems; it will fix some problems and there might be some new problems with MO as this version evolves (you can read the threads about it). I'll likely switch over soon.