outcast alternate start

slayer80

Question

hey when ever i start as a outcast with the fwe alternative start and head to the nearby location lookout i always get a repeatable ctd with fwe and im just wondering if anyone else

has the same problems i strayed partially from the guide and am using nmm instead of mo and not using several other mods and havent finished installing the rest of the mods im planning on using i was wondering if anyone else can repeat the ctd so i know if the problem is with the mod or the way im setting up the game here is my loadorder if anyone is interested

GameMode=Fallout3

Fallout3.esm=1

Anchorage.esm=1

ThePitt.esm=1

BrokenSteel.esm=1

PointLookout.esm=1

Zeta.esm=1

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm=1

CRAFT.esm=1

CALIBR.esm=1

Project Beauty.esm=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm=1

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm=1

Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp=1

Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp=1

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Talon Loot Crash Fix.esp=1

DarNifiedUIF3.esp=1

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1

CASM.esp=1

MoreMapMarkers.esp=1

UUF3P - FWE Patch.esp=1

megalight.esp=1

Blackened FWE + MMM + Project Beauty.esp=1

and im using nvac and the stutter remover but not enb boost

Edited by slayer80

8 answers to this question

Started as an Outcast only once all these years I'm playing with FWE and I clearly remember I got a CTD the moment I start heading towards megaton. I cannot confirm whether its a reproducible CTD or not since I never actually paid much attention to that specific session/character but if indeed there is something that is causing a CTD for a certain reason, then it would be more than a good idea to track, find and fix it since it could probably resolve other possible CTDs with FWE in general.

Your load order looks fine to me by the way.

Please remember that Mod Organizer is the core manager for the Clear and Present Danger - A guide for modding Fallout 3. As such troubleshooting will be limited to those who have a specific knowledge to your problem. Using NMM you will not have the drag and drop priority mod ordering and file conflict view, which aids in troubleshooting problems, that MO provides.

Have you use LOOT or BOSS to sort the plugins and run xEdit to see if you have any errors in your load order?

i was using loot but it completely effed up my load order so i used the load order suggested in the read me for the blackend patch i cant check to see if there are any errors in xedit atm as ive decided to completely reinstall the game but i highly doubt that the mods im using would be capable of doing that crash considering i tried it both with the mods installed and with just fwe installed and they both crashed though i did noticed the crash didn't happen as quickly with the rest of the mods disabled

also ive got a new bug which has something to do with enboost no matter what i do i cant get anti-aliasing to work

edit also the lookout location is a place added by the more map markers mod not to be confused with the point lookout dlc

Edited by slayer80

I've looked at the difference in load order produced by BOSS and LOOT, and for many plugins the differences are in areas that don't matter a lot. Just because they produce what looks like very different load orders doesn't mean that that LOOT is "wrong". Moreover, there is no support for BOSS which took a great deal of manual effort to maintain the plugin lists.

For some of the large mods there is no right answer; some of the objects should be before those of other mods and some should be after. The bash tags are very useful in reducing these problems, but the tags don't cover all the record types needed.

In Fallout 3 far and away the biggest compatibility problem is weapons, the area where slayer80 is having a problem. It's great that mod authors have created multiple additions that make weapons more interesting and varied, but this creates a compatibility nightmare. It's a little better in Fallout NV where the base mod added some of the capabilities seen in Fallout 3 mods (e.g., Ironsights) and more of the mod authors started with the assumption of some common mods (e.g., weapon mods that change the model (mesh) used for weapons; these are needed to support the additions to the weapons), but even there it's difficult (I expect getting a proper patch for Impact in FNV is just as hard as it is for Fallout 3).

In most cases FO3Edit is needed to examine portions of the compatibility problems, and using it isn't easy. There can also be installation problems which are hard to diagnose. The game engine works in Windows 7 and 8, but there are a lot of issues and these are even harder to diagnose. We can try to help users that have problems, but unless another user in the forum has seen similar problems it's hard to know what to do.

i thought the blackend patch should of taken care of any compatibility issues anyway since im reinstalling fallout 3 should i use mod organizer 1.3.7 or the version in the guide and the same question with fose theres a 1.3 b2 version

The Blackened patches take care of a lot of compatibility issues and are regularly updated. They require that EVE and/or MMM is used; perhaps the guide should change EVE from optional to either a regular mod or even Core so that the guide can be simplified a little to remove the old FOIP compatibility patches which are not as complete as the newer Blackened patches.

The next guide update will include the new version of FOSE, FOSE 1.3 beta 2. Use that vs. the old one.

The new MO fixes many problems but has added some new ones which are being fixed fairly quickly after they are found. I haven't used it for this guide yet as the concentration has been on getting the new version to work properly with Skyrim, but I expect that several of the participants in the Fallout threads are using the new version so if there are issues you can post them on these threads.

Fallout 3 weapon compatibility is a seemingly neverending quest, but the compatibility mods do take care of a great deal of it. The good news is that there are probably more weapons available for FO3 than for FNV, and that a lot of the FNV mods that make interesting weapon changes (e.g., Impact, the Millenia weapons) have been ported to Fallout 3. The bad news is that full compatibility is hard to achieve since it requires additional manually created patches.

Others like GrantSP using the beta MO can comment on how it works with the Fallout 3 guide.