Why so much MO hate? (semi-rant)

I suspect Arthmoor has a little extra ire toward MO from the sheer number of users who unpack their BSAs, don't arrange the Unofficial Patches in the correct order in the LEFT pane, and then complain about not being able to absorb dragon souls. That's gotta get old. :) (Between that and the "how do I start the main quest" questions on LAL, I'd prolli throw my computer out the window if I were him, lol.)

That said, while MO offers more opportunities for user error, as an avid mod user and occasional mod tinkerer, MO just has too many advantages for me to consider another one. It's also quite stable for me, even with many gigs of texture packs stored/loaded through it.

I'd like to echo what TechAngel said -- if two excellent Skyrim modding tools aren't playing nice together, I really hope the two sides can get together rather than point fingers. :)

Edited by Noobsayer
  • +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not my intention to re-awaken a conversation that has clearly run its course, but I would simply like to express my appreciation for the level of professionalism on display by the various STEP staff and members who participated in the discussion.

Well done!

• +1 1

If it works, it works. If it doesn't, you switch to another software. Simple as that. At least that's what normal people do.

These days people really try hard to make others believe that some particular software they use is superior to what others use? That's some next level emotional insecurity problem right there.

• +1 1