Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD (by Sheson)

DoubleYou

• 3 weeks later...

I am on this step of installing DynDOLOD:

1.Run DynDOLOD TexGen through MO from the drop-down menu.

I get the following error message:

Fatal:  Could not open Registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\

This can happen after Steam updates, run game's launcher to restore registry setting.

I restarted Steam and launched the game from MO and was able to load the game with no problems.  Still get the error message when attempting to run TexGen

Any troubleshooting tips are appreciated

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Sheson!

I've played SRLE:LD with Dyndolod for the past year and managed to generate lods for everything except Bruma (which isn't in that guide, I added it). Now I'm adding a huge lot of other new landscape mods, basically every one that adds content to the Dragonborn Museum and then some. Dyndolod naturally generates LODS for all those new worldspaces, my question is - will that weigh on my savegame file, and how much? I've lived with savegame files that grow steadily to over 40Mb, without errors, it's not savegame bloating. I also don't know if the savegame won't grow with every new worldspace or cell I visit, regardless of whether I'm using Dyndolod

Second question, last playthrough I noticed heavy landscape clipping around my Falkreath estate, I read I should regenerate LOD's after completing the construction, is that so? Where lod generation is concerned, all I need is the final structure and outside addons (everything that can be built on the original workbench) Then maybe I could wait till i've built all three Hearthfires estates and Tel Nalta II, then regenerate only once.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I installed STEP Extended but after a few hours of playing I noticed a problem in the game. I don't know exactly how to describe it. Take a look at the in-game screenshots made outside the High Hrothgar monastery. I think it's DynDOLOD related because if I disable the 3 mods that compose Dyndolod (Dyndolod Resources, STEP LOD Textures and STEP Dyndolod Output), the glitch dissappears.

It's like a wall with no thickness and you can pass through it.

Can someone help me?

glitch1.jpg glitch2.jpg

glitch3.jpg glitch4.jpg

Hi!

I installed STEP Extended but after a few hours of playing I noticed a problem in the game. I don't know exactly how to describe it. Take a look at the in-game screenshots made outside the High Hrothgar monastery. I think it's DynDOLOD related because if I disable the 3 mods that compose Dyndolod (Dyndolod Resources, STEP LOD Textures and STEP Dyndolod Output), the glitch dissappears.

It's like a wall with no thickness and you can pass through it.

Can someone help me?

glitch1.jpg glitch2.jpg

glitch3.jpg glitch4.jpg

Looks like a huge LOD... Just redo the entire DynDOLOD process.

Looks like a huge LOD... Just redo the entire DynDOLOD process.

Redoing the Dyndolod process seems to have fixed the glitch. I'm not seeing that wall anymore, at least not from the place where I made the screenshots (outside the High Hrothgar monastery).

Thanks Akatosh!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I followed the step guide but this program gave me an error: "Duplicate FormID [00023775] in file [74] DynDOLOD.esp."

The output said to also give the contents of a log file which is here.

Is it fixable?

Thanks

EDIT: I thought maybe it was saying there was an ITM that needed cleaning in the 74th ESP file (explosive bolts), but LOOT says it's clean, and TES5Edit didn't remove any ITMs from it, so I guess that's not it.

Edited by GlassWizzard

I followed the step guide but this program gave me an error: "Duplicate FormID [00023775] in file [74] DynDOLOD.esp."

The output said to also give the contents of a log file which is here.

Is it fixable?

Thanks

EDIT: I thought maybe it was saying there was an ITM that needed cleaning in the 74th ESP file (explosive bolts), but LOOT says it's clean, and TES5Edit didn't remove any ITMs from it, so I guess that's not it.

Looking at the log file it says "completed Successfully" but I don't have a DynDOLOD.esp file.