Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD (by Sheson)

DoubleYou

• 5 months later...

In the STEP instructions for the DDOLOD it states:

Requirements
  1. Latest version of DynDOLOD and DynDOLOD Resources.
  2. Latest version of PapyrusUtil-Modders Scripting Utility Functions
  3. STEP Compilation - This provides the tree billboards to use with STEP. If using different trees than SFO Basic Edition v1.87, then you will need to install those billboards after the STEP Compilation.

SFO Billboards for v2.5b (updated)

I opted for the above and not the basic edition, I cannot seem to find information on how to carry out step three. Do I need to do anything?

In the STEP instructions for the DDOLOD it states:

Requirements
  1. Latest version of DynDOLOD and DynDOLOD Resources.
  2. Latest version of PapyrusUtil-Modders Scripting Utility Functions
  3. STEP Compilation - This provides the tree billboards to use with STEP. If using different trees than SFO Basic Edition v1.87, then you will need to install those billboards after the STEP Compilation.

SFO Billboards for v2.5b (updated)

I opted for the above and not the basic edition, I cannot seem to find information on how to carry out step three. Do I need to do anything?

Just place the v2.5b Billboards after the STEP Compilation in your mod list.

I also wondered about billboards when I did the install.

​The DynDOLOD instructions say

"​STEP Compilation - This provides the tree billboards to use with STEP. ..."

​

​But when I look at https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Compilation​ and look through the list of mods, there is no billboards mod listed. So where do the tree billboards come from?

I also wondered about billboards when I did the install.

​The DynDOLOD instructions say

"​STEP Compilation - This provides the tree billboards to use with STEP. ..."

​

​But when I look at https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Compilation​ and look through the list of mods, there is no billboards mod listed. So where do the tree billboards come from?

They're installed with the Compilation and we created our own custom billboards to use with STEP.

• 2 weeks later...

So I Ran DynDOLOD and An Error Came up it Said there was a Duplicate FormID 00009389 in File D6, I am assuming I will have to Remove Duplicate FormID through xEdit but not sure how to do it, Here is the Screen Shot of the Error ...

https://imgur.com/a/veDJL

You shouldn't have the DynDOLOD.esp plugin active when running DynDOLOD. Even if you're re-running the program, you should remove the plugin and allow the program to create a new one.

You shouldn't have the DynDOLOD.esp plugin active when running DynDOLOD. Even if you're re-running the program, you should remove the plugin and allow the program to create a new one.

I Checked Mod Organizer and Found no DynDOLOD.ESP anywhere, Since the Error Popped up I didn't Transfer the Generated Files to the DynDOLOD Output Mod Folder that was Created so it is Empty. The only other esp's Related to DynDOLOD are the ones that were added by DynDOLOD Resources ... DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp, SolitudeExterior.esp and WhiterunExterior.esp and those are in their Proper folder.

Here is a Link to my DynDOLOD Error Report, it is in OneNote but you Should be able to View it, Maybe this will Help ... Let me Know if this Link Works or Not, it was an experiment to see if I could use OneNote to get you the Log Report

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asgn6KKHuASKkWhlBTy7-iWmymwE 

Edited by RavenWhitehawk

I Checked Mod Organizer and Found no DynDOLOD.ESP anywhere, Since the Error Popped up I didn't Transfer the Generated Files to the DynDOLOD Output Mod Folder that was Created so it is Empty. The only other esp's Related to DynDOLOD are the ones that were added by DynDOLOD Resources ... DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp, SolitudeExterior.esp and WhiterunExterior.esp and those are in their Proper folder.

Here is a Link to my DynDOLOD Error Report, it is in OneNote but you Should be able to View it, Maybe this will Help ... Let me Know if this Link Works or Not, it was an experiment to see if I could use OneNote to get you the Log Report

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asgn6KKHuASKkWhlBTy7-iWmymwE

Yes, I was able to see it. Did you happen to do this: Load entire load order in xEdit and check plugins for errors. Fix or remove plugins with errors. ?

Just load up xEdit, load all mods, select all mods (you can skip Skyrim and the DLC and USLEEP), right-click on a mod, and select "Check for errors".

EDIT:

You can also just search for that formID (00009389) using the search at the top of the plugin list.

Yes, I was able to see it. Did you happen to do this: Load entire load order in xEdit and check plugins for errors. Fix or remove plugins with errors. ?

Just load up xEdit, load all mods, select all mods (you can skip Skyrim and the DLC and USLEEP), right-click on a mod, and select "Check for errors".

EDIT:

You can also just search for that formID (00009389) using the search at the top of the plugin list.

It Seems the Duplicate FormID is in Skyrim.ESM Should I use xEdit to Clean That ESM, or will it break my Skyrim Game and When I did Check For Errors I saw some Errors that could not be resolved in the Skyrim ESM

I also Searched the FormID using the Search at the Top, but I couldn't do anything to the FormID, I didn't get an Option to Remove it, Though I had an Option to remove a Filter but not to Remove the FormID

Edited by RavenWhitehawk

• 4 weeks later...

For my STEP Core profile I run DynDOLOD and create the two output folders, following the usual STEP instructions.

For my STEP Extended profile, can I reuse the two DynDOLOD output folders created for STEP Core,

or do I need to rerun DynDOLOD? I would prefer to do the DynDOLOD procedure just once for both STEP profiles.

Which mods (if any) in STEP Extended, require you to rerun DynDOLOD?

Just Curious if Anybody knows why having the DynDOLOD Files Active in my Skyrim Game would make my Skyrim Game unresponsive? ... I can have the STEP LOD Textures generated by TexGen active and Skyrim will be able to run, but when I activate the DynDOLOD Resources and STEP DynDOLOD Output mods Skyrim becomes unresponsive. When I Ran DynDOLOD I had no errors this time.

Did you delete the files DynDOLOD created before you ran it again?

Yes I did a fresh install of DynDOLOD, removing all DynDOLOD Files from my Computer and from Skyrim before I ran it again. My Computer just doesn't seem to like the DynDOLOD Files and ESP that were created, which is weird because I am pretty sure my system Specs are good enough.