Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD (by Sheson)

DoubleYou

• 2 weeks later...

In reading the "optionals" those are showcases, so not really related to the main mod. I aim to use STEP (Expansion) with my own selected textures/few mods ontop.

I will delete those two mods "Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards/Mountains Enhanced" from my folder and continue with the guide.

Just asking: Cant i put both Output Folders direcly into MO, respective the mod-Folder i want to use later on?

This would make the steps of creating an Archive and adding it to MO redundant. I just have to make sure ist in the right subfolders, which is not that big of a Task.

Not that i would recreate/edit the guide, just for my own pleasure :D

Also, is it possible to get rid of it again during a playthrough? - Yeah, i know all the stuff about cutting mods while playing. But i also know that almost 90% dont cause any Troubles if uninstalled correctly.

Cant find Information about that Topic on mobile right now...

Just asking: Cant i put both Output Folders direcly into MO, respective the mod-Folder i want to use later on?

This would make the steps of creating an Archive and adding it to MO redundant. I just have to make sure ist in the right subfolders, which is not that big of a Task.

I don't think you can do that without MO going crazy.

Also, is it possible to get rid of it again during a playthrough? - Yeah, i know all the stuff about cutting mods while playing. But i also know that almost 90% dont cause any Troubles if uninstalled correctly.

Cant find Information about that Topic on mobile right now...

Yes, you can. See the OP.

It can be any archive tool and everyone should already have one. That's like not having a mod manager installed when it comes to modding. It's a basic tool.

You're right. Any of the zip, rar or 7z formats will work with MO. Perhaps the language should be changed to not specify 7z in particular.

I've gotten DynDOLOD working and finished STEP installation. Thanks for the concise wiki instructions.

After also adding my own selection of mods on top of STEP, I'm getting errors upon re-running DynDOLOD. To be clear, I'm not asking for help to sort out those errors here.

Sheson himself describes this as a mod targeted at advanced Skyrim mod users. I'm not one. Can I simply not update DynDOLOD after STEP? Is it game breaking to not update or does it just look bad?