Dovahkiin Reborn

A question; if I'm using your patches for Survival, Dovahkiin Reborn and Rebalanced can I merge them? Can I merge them with other patches I've grabbed from your modular folder?

Short answer: possibly, but you shouldn't.

The patches from the packs are merged using the patches from the modular folder. The included txt file tells you which plugins are included in the merge. It would be easier and better to just use the patches from the modular folder. This ensures that all plugins that alters the same record are sorted in the correct order before the merge. The resulting merged plugin contains everything from the pack patch that you use as well as all other patch plugins that you may need.

Also, if nothing has changed, Merge Plugins doesn't allow you to include plugins that are merged in a new merge.

Short answer: possibly, but you shouldn't.

The patches from the packs are merged using the patches from the modular folder. The included txt file tells you which plugins are included in the merge. It would be easier and better to just use the patches from the modular folder. This ensures that all plugins that alters the same record are sorted in the correct order before the merge. The resulting merged plugin contains everything from the pack patch that you use as well as all other patch plugins that you may need.

Also, if nothing has changed, Merge Plugins doesn't allow you to include plugins that are merged in a new merge.

Ah that makes sense. I've been using a combination of your main patches and a couple of other modular patches for quite a heavy build that I haven't gotten round to testing fully ingame yet. Sort of STEX+DR+Survival+SGRebalance+Legacy of the Dragonborn so merging is useful for my plugin count.

I've been using your xSTEP_forward .esp too, out of curiousity what does that do?

Ah that makes sense. I've been using a combination of your main patches and a couple of other modular patches for quite a heavy build that I haven't gotten round to testing fully ingame yet. Sort of STEX+DR+Survival+SGRebalance+Legacy of the Dragonborn so merging is useful for my plugin count.

I've been using your xSTEP_forward .esp too, out of curiousity what does that do?

It contains just one record in the Worldspace that was altered by dawnguard and also included in the STEP patch and in USLEEP. Some mods reverts this record to vanilla. Adding it to the merged patch ensures that the record is updated as it should.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do we need both Extra CACO Compatibility Patches and the CACO - iNeed patch now?

Thanks ^_^

I hadn't realised that I had two iNeed patches but I would still say yes since the actually patches different things. The Extra CACO Compatibility Patches patches iNeed Dangerous diseases and the CACO - iNeed patch adds CACOs food items to iNeed.

Ah ok, fair enough then. Not that it matters as it all goes in the merge anyway but I was just curious.

I dunno if you want to alter your instructions for More Patches for CACO to just mention that Vigor is now optional in your Gameplay Rebalance Pack, so people don't have to revert back if they decide the don't want to use it with Wildcat.

• 1 month later...

hey Dreadflopp noticed you have added

• Load Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp after Disparity.esp
  • Load Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp after TradeBarter.esp

any reason for this due to conflict are you just need to load in a particular order?

The ordinator/disparity rule comes from ordinators nexus page from when ordinator was new. It may not still apply?

The ordinator/trade and barter rule is there since they both edit the same perk.

I can't recall the actual records that conflict but they do (or at least did) conflict.

• 5 months later...