Crow has almost no items in his inventory

Satur9

Question

I've been catching up with the CAPD pack's recent updates, but I've hit an odd bug or two. Crow is usually the first merchant I run into outside Megaton, and as usual he was standing outside as I started a test run with the new additions. Only this time he only had three stimpacks and nothing else in his inventory. He had no caps to trade with, either.

Moira and Jenny Stahl both had normal inventories, but Gob seeemed to have fewer than usual items.

Aside from the mod updates, Wrye Flash, etc., I added a large number of LOOT suggested tags to mods that lacked them, and I suspect that may account for the problem.

Any ideas?

6 answers to this question

I'm not sure which mod or LOOT changes might have affected it he inventory of the traveling merchants. I'll have to look at it. I don't think any of the added mods affect this, but it's always possible that bah tags or the leveled list for inventory of some merchants might be affected. I look using Fo3edit to see if I can find this.

I have just run into this exact issue myself on a clean install and wondered if a solution has been found yet?

Crow was alone with no guards, no Brahmin and no caps. He only has 3 stimpaks in his inventory. Given all the tougher trader mods, I would have expected him and his guards to be able to handle the ants near megaton easily but wondered if the raiders from the school had hit his caravan? I could use tgm or tai and go and look but wondered if this was expected behaviour from a merchant in the starting area.

EDIT : Is it a conflict caused by The Wasteland Patch Collection being loaded after the Bashed Patch without the correct edits or tags??

Edited by DanielCoffey

Some good news in my current playthrough at least...

Although Crow did indeed start with nothing other than his three Stimpaks (which I couldn't afford) and vanilla Guards, by the time he returned to Megaton he was fully stocked and guarded by the enhanced Guard posse I would have expected.

He appeared near Megaton and pathed to his usual spot then returned back the other way with only his basic Guards. They took out some MMM ant variants for me and carried on. I then encountered the Doctor after a day's sleep. Next time, Crow was there with his full team and stocked properly.