Merging my mods onto one page - help perhaps needed

Hi everyone here at STEP. I have been away for a long time, sold my desktop, but recently decided I want to update my files and merge them. As my friend did not need his laptop recently and I only have tablets and phones at the moment, I borrowed his. He now obviously wants it back so I am asking if I have any trouble uploading the file from my end, would any of you guys help me? I certainly trust people here which I don't say often.

I have remade and updated many files, including WATER from the ground up almost. There are also small little new mods like 3D fur rug pelts as well as turning the sweetroll into a donut looking thing ect.

Anyway, thanks for everything and you are all brilliant you really are!

I will reply when I can! Cheers.

I guess selling your computer is one way to beat a modding addiction.  ::D:

We already take care of Terrain Bump and 20 or so more mods won't hurt. You can do something like put the files in Dropbox or Copy and share the folder with us, then give someone here the page management rights on the nexus. Then from there we can make sure the mods get uploaded properly. If you are just merging them all to one page then the file size is probably what's giving you issues. I'd bet you could upload them to a file service like Copy much easier and then we can get someone from STEP to take care of uploading it to the Nexus.

So if you rebuilt WATER, that means it's your move isuko...

Yeah, we already manage a few mods for authors (Soul Gems Differ comes to mind as well as Kryto's stuff if she's given us the rights to that...can't remember if she's done that yet or not). Adding your mods wouldn't be an issue. I know that EssArrBee has been trying to get WilliamImm to let us manage his as well since he continually says updates/patches are coming but they never do.

Hey again guys. Nice to hear from you. I managed to borrow another laptop from next door so I am good. Yeah I sold my desktop becuase it's very distracting and I'm on the edge if I want to buy a laptop or not yet. I might go for one that plays games on medium, and sucks for rendering HQ stuff. Hehe.

I can certainly add you to the page as it will be replacing the WATER page and the rest of the mods will be removed. I can manage most things now, even actually figuring out how to merge plugins lol. Just give me your Nexus ID's and that will be great. If I do have any trouble, I thank you for the offers and will certainly ask.

Edit: Ess, I feel the pressure now. I made the water look to my taste so I hope it's not hated (I like it large and choppy). I couldn't test the parallax too, but that was all.

Edited by Guest

Yeah, I just saw that I had access. I'll make sure to pop in from time to time and answer some questions since I'm quite familiar with your work SP. Will not mess with the files other than completely deleting them and closing the mod page, so no worries.  :teehee:

I doubt you made any glaring errors in the upload since it was just a merge of your mods, but if there is a hotfix needed I can handle all that stuff. If you need anyone else's Nexus ID it's the same as here for the STEP Staff groupies, except DoubleYou who is Vuud.

EDIT: Do you mind if I upload an optional file of only the stuff we use in STEP?

Sorry the change log is pretty much crap, but I did most of this ages ago and can't remember exactly what I updated. I tried to list improvements that I remember in the installer, but yeah...

I'm not sure about the STEP only stuff Ess because people get confused easily. If you stick it in Misc and say it's for STEP users only with a link then maybe less confusion. It's up to you!

If you want to do a 3.1 with decal fix included that would be okay too. Also EDT 2 Dragonborn could just be included in the STEP version if you want. Another reason I didn't include it other than file size, was that you hardly ever see into the distance in Dragonborn.

Other than that people are getting confused with the untickable line in the installer. I should have said de-selectable or left it blank. Ha. I'll add you too by the way Tech.

Oh and if Aiyen or you guys want to make a HDDLC pelt texture for my 3D pelts go ahead. I made it so you just generate some basic noise over it, invert the colours and add it to the alpha channel. I want to know if you guys like this one too as GTA V grass made me remember this simple technique as they use it on grass. Hint other modders make some grass for cities...

Edit: Tech perms should be on and I forgot to say thank you for helping with the file so far Ess. Much appreciated.

Edited by Guest

If you can be kind enough to do that for me and give it to Ess or Tech because I know the HDDLC is 2kx1k I think and the hairs will look really fine as the noise generates each hair around one pixel wide. All you have to do is stack the meshes up too on that side if you wanted to do more meshes. Cheers Aiyen.

Edited by Guest

Thank you. Honestly if you want to work on anything in the mod too guys, please go ahead. I balanced resolutions actually for this forum. I am always thinking about this forum when I make stuff because it helps me reduce and try to look at things in a different perspective where there are a ton of other mods too.

So... Lots of complaining like I thought on the page. It kind of makes me feel like I shouldn't have bothered again, but those boots have to stick. Realistic Needs stopped development ages ago and personally I think there are better alternatives so I didn't want to included that. Falskarr I have always felt should have done its own water better and I hate touching other people's work myself. WATER Falskarr could be remade, but honestly, the amount of people that installed that and complained of crashes made me go coco-loco.

Things that need doing perhaps:

-Installer wording.

-Add Distant Decal Fix if wanted.

-Maybe put the remaining few optionals like row boats back in WATER. These could be stolen from RWT as we shared all our files anyway.

-Improving the ENB parallax if it sucks in WATER. It's just putting a specular map into the water surface textures.

- Add Lush Trees old trees into the installer. Someone suggested that.

- File description from compatibility is slightly messed up. Nexus will only

let me do a new-fangled edit which is useless on mobile.

If you can that is, because I hate having to put this onto you I really do.

By the way will the mod get a new page like just one perhaps on here? Will the mods be looked at again too because there are some new ones and improvements obviously.

All the best.

Edited by Guest

I am currently working on my own project, which is taking up all my skyrim time! I would really like to get that finished and published! So I do not know if I will get the time to really look at the meshes and textures in detail for at least another week or so. 

Also I will need to go over it slowly to see what exactly you mean.. this being the first time I do it and what not.. I am afterall not the wizard you are sparrow :) 

That is fine Aiyen. No rush. All you do is stack the meshes on top of each other then generate fine noise over the textures which you add to the alpha channel. This produces dots over the base texture which makes it look 3D. Technically though it's just stacked 2D textures, but it works really well for hair and especially grass as it is on the floor. For grass the shader flag will perhaps need to be ticked in the NIF called something like "SLF2_No_Fade" but for rugs you don't need it as interior spaces are limited.

What are you working on by the way? Is there a thread here?

Edited by Guest