Merging my mods onto one page - help perhaps needed

A massive overhaul of all of blackreach... trying to make it so the place is not so bland and boring in many places... in general adding more stuff to see, adding a bit more depth to some existing locations etc. 

oh yeah and getting rid of that horrible horrible HORRIBLE teal thing the developers felt would make it look good. 

Trying to go in once a day look at a few places and see what I can come up with that would make it look a bit more epic. But I am running out of real estate and ideas... since I try not to do the same thing twice. Just want to create an open beta so I can get some more feedback, I feel like I can do more with it but just do not have the ideas yet. And I kinda do not want it to be just another project folder on my computer. 

The thread is here in the skyrim subforum :) 

Ah cool. Yeah you way want to focus on one thing which is obvious. Maybe doing a WIP and uploading your file first, then you might get some suggestions and ideas which will make you want to continue. It will also improve it.

For the pelt texture, all you need is the three vanilla HDDLC files, generate some noise (under noise filters not wherever that cloud noise is located but the more simpler noise) invert the colours, then add it as an alpha mask to the texture and it should be done. Really simple, but obviously take your time bud. :-)

Edited by Guest

See now I am almost inclined to just say "challenge accepted" and do it! But I got to focus! 

However once the wizards of installers and what not have decided what they want to do I guess I will take a quick look at it if it is required. 

I also assume I will have to try to see what sort of noise works best.. that fractal noise generator I have is so silly versatile that there might be something good in there one can use. 

Thank you. Honestly if you want to work on anything in the mod too guys, please go ahead. I balanced resolutions actually for this forum. I am always thinking about this forum when I make stuff because it helps me reduce and try to look at things in a different perspective where there are a ton of other mods too.

So... Lots of complaining like I thought on the page. It kind of makes me feel like I shouldn't have bothered again, but those boots have to stick. Realistic Needs stopped development ages ago and personally I think there are better alternatives so I didn't want to included that. Falskarr I have always felt should have done its own water better and I hate touching other people's work myself. WATER Falskarr could be remade, but honestly, the amount of people that installed that and complained of crashes made me go coco-loco.

Things that need doing perhaps:

-Installer wording.

-Add Distant Decal Fix if wanted.

-Maybe put the remaining few optionals like row boats back in WATER. These could be stolen from RWT as we shared all our files anyway.

-Improving the ENB parallax if it sucks in WATER. It's just putting a specular map into the water surface textures.

- Add Lush Trees old trees into the installer. Someone suggested that.

- File description from compatibility is slightly messed up. Nexus will only

let me do a new-fangled edit which is useless on mobile.

If you can that is, because I hate having to put this onto you I really do.

By the way will the mod get a new page like just one perhaps on here? Will the mods be looked at again too because there are some new ones and improvements obviously.

All the best.

Yeah, I've seen some of the comments. I think it would do well to explain why some options are no longer available and then link to the alternatives that you felt are better than what your mod provides. This would help users know that WATER would be "the same or worse" than mod XYZ and simply instruct them to install that mod to compliment WATER.

As far as reviewing your mods again, we'll look into it. Distant Decal Fix will probably be dropped soon from STEP as DynDOLOD gets closer to release. EssArrBee is already testing with it actually. I can look into the installer later this week or next. Check it's wording and take some optionals from RTW to add back into WATER. I don't have the other files to add back in except for maybe Distant Decal Fix.

EDIT:

I've downloaded the mod and will have a look at it when I can. For now, I've gone through the description page and updated the wording a bit. I didn't add or subtract anything from it. Just made it more clear.

Okay thank you guys. Ace. I will see about getting the Falskarr file done because I have someone who will is willing to sort that out and email it to me I think. I could not upload the other file because it was too big apparently for mobile Nexus. Pfffft. The Falskarr file and me not explaining things in a decent way as usual has confused people. I updated the description a bit myself so it should be clearer now. I just assumed everyone was psychic like myself, but they are obviously not as crazy. ;-)

Just update, but I managed to upload the file I received from my phone weirdly after a lotof waiting. I asked for terrain bump to be streamlined a bit because I know you guys don't really use the other normal mesh-based textures. Some other edits were possibly made too like the snow as those ones apparently looked a bit darker than other snow areas. Anyway thanks again and remember if you want to have at anything go ahead!