Can 2 installs of Skyrim co exist on same pc?

Maybe there should be an option to hide unselected mods although it will not help while you still need to select new one. We will see if MO can improve something with it, but for now i'm super happy to have it!

This topic come up every once in a while when new users start using MO and Tannin has already stated that he won't be developing a feature which hides mods from profiles. You'll get the same answer I gave above or close to it if you ask him about it.

Right now I have SSD#1 which houses my operating system, Steam, MO and the installed mods.  I'm currently rolling out playthru#??  Abort should be my character's name...

If I add SSD#2 I'm hoping MO install #2 operates on its own.  I'd love to experiment/test/build another Skyrim slowly on the side while hopefully moving forward with my current playthru.  I don't want to worry about space or installing different versions or accidentally deleting a mod I'm currently using.  

It sounds like MO intall #2 will work with SSD#2 ?   It's still unclear to me whether it absolutely will work and absolutely will not.   I suppose I can test this on my D:\ (regular HD) right ?  ....   

i don' think you should have 2 MO installs. the highest if you don't want to use profiles is that you have 2 mod folders. Name it mod1 mod2 or something and than you can switch between those through the MO settings->general->advanced->modfolder(if this is the english text which i don't use but it shouldn't be that much od a difference to this).

those mod folders can be wherever you want.

As for the answer to the OP. No you can't have two Skyrim installs but that has already been answered in this thread a couple of times.

Now as to multiple MO installs. Well, yes, you can install MO as many times as you wish and some apparently find that the best way to do things.

I however think that is an overkill. IMO the only reasons why you would need two or more separate installs of MO is if you are constantly changing between them for support or development purposes or you are just extremely nervous about how well profiles work.

Profiles allow you to setup each group of mods and switch between them effortlessly. Even Proccer patches can be named accordingly and set for each profile so you shouldn't have to run them anew for each profile.

Mods showing up in the left-hand pane that don't belong! Well all I can say to that is OCD may be an issue.  :huh:  :woot:  ::):

If a few (dozen, hundred) mods that are not active appearing in the left-hand pane is a problem that needs to be solved by installing MO a few times, then by all means go ahead, but I would have to question that decision.

As with anything moddable, there is always going to be a trade-off between ease-of-use and efficiency. If you are constantly switching, then maybe, yes, multiple installs. If, like me, you just have a couple of characters on the go and sometimes switch, just use profiles.

I have two Skyrim MO Installs.

1) is the rock solid will not change (other than slight tweaks) set up that I'm happy with and have a Perma'ed level 15 character on who's mowing down bandits with a double handed sword like they were butter. This one has a single profile.

and 2) is the one I play around with Mods on just to check. This is the one that has a Requiem profile, a SRLE/Regs/Thekitchensink profile and another near vanilla profile for testing purposes.

Cause I'm forever swapping around, I found it more convenient to do it that way. If and when I get the 100% perfect mod list sorted, I'll get rid of the second one and just use profiles on the first one. The extra mods lying around on the left pane is a minor issue I can live with.