MiniMap - Reboot (by Kyoma)

hishutup

MiniMap - Reboot is a mod adds a minimap to the HUD.

The minimap can be configured via an ini file.

You interface with by pressing the (+) and (-) on the numpad to zoom in and out.

If you press the (*) on the numpad then the minimap will switch from main map view and local map view.

Requirements

This mod is already included in Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

• 2 years later...

Thanks for your work on this mod !

The Minimap seems to be displaying the swaying (SpeedTree?), of Leaves from the Trees on the Local Map display. It seems to cause at least 5 fps loss, does anyone know how to disable the Vegetation Sway in the MiniMap? Also noticed once it was displaying the water movement when on a ship, though it only happened once. The Tree Sway display is constant.

Thanks for any help.

I don't really know how the map is achieved. I should look into that because I'm now kind of curious.

To answer your question, I have no idea.

I doubt there would be any hit and I'm curious what your testing method was to come to that conclusion?

Thanks for your reply. I'm in game, with the World Map displaying (i.e. no vegetation or water animation present) and then hit * key (default switch) to change to Local Map (i.e. where vegetation and water animation are present), then seeing my frame rate drop.

I played with an older version .72a which handled things differently (i.e. before Reboot, same author), it had no vegetation or water animations. I did cause some problems with UI though (using DarN atm). I actually found a command I tried to use to stop the tree animations, with no luck.

set MiniMap.bToggleTrees               to   0        ; 0

Thanks for any tips.

Yes, it must be depreciated as it didn't have any effect.

I've decided atm to use Reboot version because it doesn't break the UI, especially using Oblivion XP. It seems to have the same 5 fps drop, no matter the version. So even though .72a doesn't display animation, it still gets a fps hit. It's a really strange bug, to have water and trees animated on a minimap. It's clearly not intended, since Oblivion Local Map isn't displaying tree and water animations. This is something completely isolated to the current Reboot version. I'll try to look and see if I can find the scripts in the CS.

Edited by Acleacius

FWIW...having enjoyed using all of these guides as well as me and coming across this thread and some others, I decided to test with fairly heavily modded Oblivion. I will test some more, but I too have noticed a slight fps increase by uninstalling this mod (minimap reboot). Nexus member forli says he found it incompatible with OBGE, but wasn't sure about OR

• 2 months later...

Hello please help! I'm searching for an Oblivion solution for the in game clouds. I am currently running Oblivion in virtual reality with full direct 1:1 head tracking however the clouds don't seem to render at quite the right distance. Is there an ini fix that i can tweak the distance of the clouds? Again this is for Oblivon not Skyrim. Skyrim clouds do render correctly.