Does any mod fix the grass in Whiterun?

Posted Image

I think this is SFO at the moment (has some transparent holes Vurt probably needs to know about) but does any mod fix the stretching for these grass pieces? It looks like the problem is that they extended the mesh too far and should have just blended the top of the wall and left the grass normal on top. It also causes the issue that the trim is always going to be lower resolution than the other grass. 

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

I have just re-installed the game and don't have any mods installed at the moment bar SFO and a ENB to test performance (foliage and lighting). How would AMB textures fix a mesh error? Is there a mod that replaces the meshes in Whiterun specifically for the floors? I was just wondering about doing it myself if not. 

I have just re-installed the game and don't have any mods installed at the moment bar SFO and a ENB to test performance (foliage and lighting). How would AMB textures fix a mesh error? Is there a mod that replaces the meshes in Whiterun specifically for the floors? I was just wondering about doing it myself if not. 

Well, if CaBaL retextured the problem areas to fit the meshes/UV mapping correctly then that would fix the issue. I think (not positive) the texture is: texturesarchitecturewhiterunwrstonebase01.dds

Edit: Test V2. Should have slightly better stone UVs.

It should be near the market area (grassy ramp) across from Belethor's shop. I had a look and it works, but I am keen to see if it improves much for others. The stretching in some places on the top of the wall can't be fixed without scaling bottom (which will make the stones smaller) but I will have a look at that later. I looked at the SMIM update log and couldn't find anything related.

Edit: Okay Tech, but looking at the texture position he probably couldn't fix this by squashing the texture. I'm pretty sure I had Cabal's mod before and I'm sort of sure I still noticed it. The errors are in the corners mostly and I actually corrected an issue I know no texture could fix near the stairs in that mesh.
Edited by Guest

I have to admit that I didn't see any issues to begin with but I tried this out anyway on a full STEP install. It creates far too much stretching/scrunching.

Posted ImagePosted Image

This problem is that you've narrowed the mesh so any textures made specifically for the vanilla mesh are going to look terrible like these do above.

Thanks for looking. The top can be fixed easily, as the test was just for the grass around it. I can fix the top of the walls by doing some scaling as I mentioned in my previous post.  ::): So nothing you know of covers this yet? This has bugged me since day one! 

Take your eyes of them guards!  :lol: Weird, it just stuck out for me straight away and I didn't have to pay any attention specifically. If I do any more with this, I could probably send it off to SMIM

Edit: Updated my file link above.

Edited by Guest