Free (or Cheap) Games & Giveaways

Any thoughts on Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for $5?  Seem to be some mixed reviews.

I know this is kinda late now but Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time and has been since before Human Revolution came out, and with that in mind I think that Human Revolution totally captured the spirit of the original and is worthy of its namesake, though it's not without its flaws (it rewards stealth a bit too much I think.) I preordered it and it was totally worth it for full price. If you enjoy Skyrim you'll probably enjoy Human Revolution, it's an FPS with some RPG elements with tons of cool sidequests and a killer story. It took me about 50-60 hours to complete the entire game (get all achievements.) Should take like 24 hours to just do a single playthrough if you take your time and explore like you're supposed to.

In other news, Thief 4 is on sale. As a fan of the original Thief games there are no redeeming qualities in Thief 4. Give it a pass, even for 50%, 75%, or even 90% off.

Man, I almost forgot about Guacamelee! It's an indie game that is super fun for $6. Puzzle side scroller type of game if you like those games like me. So colorful and just a really crazy story with this Mexican theme to it. Side scrollers are better with a gamepad, you might keep that in mind.

I just picked up Grim Dawn for $12.49 from Steam. 

I'm glad these deals will come to an end soon.  I don't have a lot of time, so I'm not sure what I'm thinking.  I see a deal and I just can't resist.  

Recently, I've gotten Baldur's Gate 2, Arkahm Asylum, Borderlands 2, Brothers, Dark Souls, Deus Ex HR, Left 4 Dead 2, Witcher 2, Torment and now Grim Dawn.  

Edited by dem1an

I know this is kinda late now but Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time and has been since before Human Revolution came out, and with that in mind I think that Human Revolution totally captured the spirit of the original and is worthy of its namesake, though it's not without its flaws

It certainly did capture the spirit of the original! I could wish the boss fights were a little less heavy handed (more sniping from ventilation ducts, less running round and round in a big locked room) and I really didn't like that one ambush where you needed a certain sort of character build to have a snowball's chance of saving your colleague's life. The thing that killed it for me though were the brutal load times. I was afraid to get killed because I didn't want to wait for the game to load again. And a lot of the fun of DX is poking your nose in where you shouldn't and seeing if it gets shot off.

I'd say it was miles better than Invisible War, but that really is damning it with faint praise :)

• 3 weeks later...

EA is offering Sims 2 with all expansions for free. Thanks to /r/gamedeals for letting me know about the offer.

If you don't want to click the link, redeem I-LOVE-THE-SIMS into Origin.

EDIT: If you use IFTTT (if not, go start using it, it's one of the most useful services ever), this recipe is really useful for tracking free game giveaways. It's how I heard about the Sims 2 deal, and helped me score other free games too.

(Also, the deal is only for until the end of this month.)