Free (or Cheap) Games & Giveaways

A lot of games on sale for cheap on Green Man Gaming:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/50-games-1-10/

Use code: Z4364W-7MR5WA-N5BCOO for an additional 20% off.

50. Eve $4.9949. Sid Meier’s Pirates $2.4948. F.E.A.R $2.4947. Crusader Kings II $13.5946. XCOM: Enemy Unknown $7.4945. Borderlands 2 $6.7944. The Walking Dead $4.9943. Left 4 Dead 2 $4.9942. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 $4.9941. Empire: Total War $4.9940. Left 4 Dead $4.9939. Age of Mythology Extended Edition $10.1938. Total War: Shogun 2 $7.4937. Portal $2.4936. Deus Ex Human Revolution Director’s Cut $4.9935. Half-Life 2 Episode Two $1.9934. Sid Meier’s Civilization V $7.4933. Batman Arkham City GOTY $4.9932. NBA 2K13 $4.9931. Sid Meier’s Civilization Complete $1.9930. Thief II - $1.7429. Duex EX: GOTY - $1.7428 Tomb Raider GOTY - $7.4927. Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - $4.9926. Fallout - $2.4925. Elder Scroll III: Morrowind GOTY - $6.7924. Return to Castlewolfenstein - $2.4923. Dragon Age: Origins - $4.9922. Battlefield 2 Complete - $4.9921. Crysis Maximum Edition - $7.4920. Fallout 3 (DRM: Steam) $2.4919. Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition (DRM: Steam) $7.4918. Thief Gold (DRM: Steam) $1.7417. Rome: Total War (DRM: Steam) $2.4916. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (DRM: Steam) $3.7415. Company of Heroes (DRM: Steam) $514. Age of Empires II HD Edition (DRM: Steam) $513. Grand Theft Auto III (DRM: Steam) $2.4912. Mass Effect 2 (DRM: Origin) $511. Brothers: A Tales of Two Sons (DRM: Steam) $7.4910. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (DRM: Steam) $2.499. Civilization 4 Complete (DRM: Steam) $7.498. BioShock Infinite (DRM: Steam) $7.497. The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (DRM: Steam) $56. Portal 2 (DRM: Steam) $55. The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GOTY (DRM: Steam) $54. The Orange Box (DRM: Steam) $53. Half-Life (DRM: Steam) $2.492. Bioshock (DRM: Steam) $51.Half-Life 2 (DRM: Steam) $2.49

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like if you vote in this gaming thing then you get XCOM: Enemy Unknown for free: https://blog.playfire.com/2014/10/golden-joysticks-2014-vote-get-free-xcom.html

I got this on completion of voting:

"Win an iPad Air

You've now been entered into a prize draw to win an iPad Air! We will notify the winner after voting closes on the 20th October 2014."

Which is cool, but I'm not seeing anything about free Xcom :-(

Thanks for the link anyway :-)

I got this on completion of voting:

"Win an iPad Air

You've now been entered into a prize draw to win an iPad Air! We will notify the winner after voting closes on the 20th October 2014."

Which is cool, but I'm not seeing anything about free Xcom :-(

Thanks for the link anyway :-)

So apparently no one will get a free copy until the 23rd. I didn't see the fine print crap. https://www.computerandvideogames.com/477986/blog/golden-joysticks-vote-and-receive-xcom-free-courtesy-of-green-man-gaming/

So apparently no one will get a free copy until the 23rd. I didn't see the fine print crap. https://www.computerandvideogames.com/477986/blog/golden-joysticks-vote-and-receive-xcom-free-courtesy-of-green-man-gaming/

Oh, sweet, we do get free game just need to be patient & maybe win an iPad Air as a bonus. Good looking out Ess! I can amuse myself with that free copy of Tropico 3 - Steam Special Edition, and there's a Crusader Kings II Demo free through the weekend and the full verison is discounted on the Steam store.

UPDATE: Well, Crusader Kings, while historically interesting (especially given my genealogical connection to Hardrada) and beautifully presented (my cartographic needs both stimulated and satisfied) was to much a battle of the spreadsheets for me.

I did find a demo for the Hegemony Greece game, which was much more to my liking. It retails for $20 usd on Steam and its sequel Hegemony Rome for $30. This franchise hits the Sim/RTS sweet spot for me (I'll spare you an off topic review here, just check out the demo if you have any interest in RTS games). If it goes on sale I'll post a proper link here, right now its inexpensive but not free or cheap (yet).

Edited by redirishlord

You are a wealth of information, kudos (oh, wait, that's the other website).

Thanks!

UPDATE: I played Dragon Age Origins back when on console and thought it was the usual effort by Bioware (good story, fair execution of established game mechanic). I played through two opening stories last night (stayed up way past my bed time as a matter of fact) and absolutely loved the game. I don't know if it was the change from console to pc format that made the difference, or if I just gave the game a proper chance, but I'm loving this. Origin may owe EssArrBee a commission on the next two Dragon Age as I'm considering buying them next.

Edited by redirishlord
  • +1 1

Dragon Age origins is one of my favorite games of all time. Doing a play through soon to prepare for DA:I as a refresher also started a guide on the wiki for modding in case it wasn't noted... Still very much WIP.

Congrats Tech, Xcom is a lot of fun and addicting... If disheartening as the aliens wipe you out. Lol

Dragon Age origins is one of my favorite games of all time. Doing a play through soon to prepare for DA:I as a refresher also started a guide on the wiki for modding in case it wasn't noted... Still very much WIP.Congrats Tech, Xcom is a lot of fun and addicting... If disheartening as the aliens wipe you out. Lol

Glad to see someone picked up the DO modding guide. It was on my mind to do one. The only game I've done a Guide for is for Mass Effect. It's a light Guide and linked in my sig. Though, as far as I know, it won't work with the Steam version of Mass Effect due to Steam's file verification. You have to edit the .exe and Steam doesn't agree with that. I wish they'd build in an option for modders to turn that off on certain games. Would need a loader like the one for FNV for Steam users to be able to use the one mod included in the Guide.