Free (or Cheap) Games & Giveaways

• 2 months later...

Elder Scrolls Online is free to try from now up until the 20th of November. I don't think I can be bothered installing 73gb on Saturday night, so I'll leave it here for anyone else.

Blood Dragon was great, the soundtrack was by Power Glove FYI. Synthwave/Outrun is my favourite genre, so it certainly struck a chord there.

• 3 weeks later...

Neverwinter Nights - Diamond Edition is free on GOG.com for the next day and a half. Coincides with their winter sale.

That's awesome! I still have the disks for a couple Neverwinter games laying around. I have played it for many, many hours! I will be getting it and AC3. AC3 was actually the last one I played and, from what I hear, the last good one. I have Black Flag (got it free with my video card) but have never completed it. In fact, I've barely played it. I'd rather play that game while a controller.

I agree, NWN was an awesome game. :-) My second "real" RPG game after I fell in love with Baldur's Gate II.

I never played AC3. I'll have to give it a shot when Ubisoft gives it away.

You should give Black Flag another chance, Tech. Not for the standard AC gameplay reasons, but just for the naval battles, sea shanties and the whole "being a pirate" thing. I still get the occasional sea shanty stuck in my head if I think about the game.

"What shall we do with a drunken sailor?

What shall we do with a drunken sailor?

What shall we do with a drunken sailor

Early in the morning?"

OK, OK, I'll stop. :-P Lol.

That's awesome! I still have the disks for a couple Neverwinter games laying around. I have played it for many, many hours! I will be getting it and AC3. AC3 was actually the last one I played and, from what I hear, the last good one. I have Black Flag (got it free with my video card) but have never completed it. In fact, I've barely played it. I'd rather play that game while a controller.

AC3 was one of the worst in the franchise (just after the awful Revelations) The best part of AC3 was ship battles, but that is the biggest part of BF which was massively better. If they ripped out the AC story in BF, got rid of the awful collecables and just made a proper pirate game, I'd be straight there. A really strange pick from Ubi, I would have chosen Brotherhood personally.

Witcher 3 fairly cheap £12.49

Must. Resist. Too. Cheap. Damn, this is a tough one as I missed out on Steam sales, but already bought it on my Plebstation and haven't finished it. It's too big! Well that and I have spent a lot of cash over the last few weeks on personal treats. Help!

Edited by Guest

You didn't like Revelations?! I loved all of 2-Revelations. I hated some of the additional things such as the base defense, but it was mostly optional. Maybe I was just so drawn into the world by time I got to Revelations. However, I agree about AC3. While I did play all the way through it and beat it, it was definitely a low point in the series. Black Flag improves on it in almost everyway though!

Also, it has now launched as free.

• 2 weeks later...