Free (or Cheap) Games & Giveaways

Not looking to convert you, which was why I was asking if it wasn't intended to come across as something negative. Wanna know what I don't like? HP printer drivers, those things give me a headache.

Anything from HP can be burned as far as I'm concerned. Haha! I have a Kodak printer which is surprising pretty good...not that I've used it in the past year...

I actually do want to purchase and play FO4, though, so it's not the series. Just the setting of that one game that was just...eh.

For what it's worth, I'm not a Star Wars fan either. There, I said it. May the blood feud begin. :teehee:

Come again... :O_o:  Let us gather the pitchforks, brothers! :devil:

Me and Grant were referring to the phrasing of the original sentence, not the sentiment that you don't like it, which is of course fine. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan either, but I liked KotOR 2 a lot, which explored a lot of the things that didn't really make sense about the Star Wars franchise in a mature way. Which is also something I like about FNV, which I feel I have to mention because there's been a lot of the why not's in a row now; the fact that they explore adult themes through consistently good writing. Also, I like to ask questions of the world I am playing in, and a game that so often has an explanation prepared whenever I scratch below the surface was instantly memorable. For example - how does bottlecaps work as a currency? Water merchants back it! There's also the fact that it's not afraid to let your decisions (of which there are very many) impact the world. Want to kill everyone in the game? Technically you can (with the exception of a robot who keeps switching his consciousness over to other robots)! I love the Elder Scrolls, but I must admit I feel more inclined to pick up Oblivion or Morrowind again because of the fairly generic nature of the newer writing. Something which mods, for however much I love them cannot wholly address for me. Dragons bore me, at least the ones without the intelligence and cunning of their brethren from The Silmarillion, and Emil (Bethesda's lead writer) hardly seems interested in exploring the deeper waters of the franchise. Hell, Oblivion had a fairly generic main quest, but the side quests were so varied and interesting, lending it much more depth than Skyrim in my very humble opinion. 

There, you've somehow dragged my defence out of me. Hope it doesn't seem too wrong. I'm off to mainland Europe now, so see you in a week.  ::):

You guys are all crazy. Fallout is fun in its own way. And not liking Star Wars is just heresy. Although Star Trek is the much better universe. ;-)

And HP, Brother, Kodak? C'mon people. We all know the Epson WorkForce is the best printer for the money! :-D

But getting back on topic...yay Steam sale?!

For anyone crazy enough not to already own all the Skyrim DLCs (I'm looking at you, Fallout people ;-) ), they are all on sale as expected. As is Legendary Edition, which is cheaper than any two of the DLCs I believe.

Remember: Skyrim Special Edition will be free on October 28th for whoever has Skyrim and all DLCs!

As far as my picks on the Steam sale so far? Not much. I grabbed Rise of Nations: Extended Edition for $4.39 Canadian. So that is probably $3 USD. Can't beat that.

Steam sale upon us and here are few I noticed of interest:

Fallout 4 £19.99 on steam here in the UK

Lego Jurassic World £8.49

Castlevania Lords of Shadows: Ultimate Edition - £4.99

Dark Souls - £4.99

Dark Souls II - £29.99

Assassin Creed Unity - £12.49

Assassin Creed syndicate - £19.49

Rise of the Tomb raider - £25.99

XCOM 2 - £20.99

Withcer III - £ 17.49

Got to love the Steam Sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Ubisoft is giving away Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time until the end of June if you have a UPlay account. Link here.

They will be giving away one game a month until the end of the year to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

Credit to NightStar @ AFKMods. Original post here.

Ubisoft's free giveaway continues. Now Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is free.

I loved this game back in the day. It has a good storyline and the gameplay isn't terrible either. I'll admit that I've been considering it. I have the base game but not all the DLCs.

Most of the GOG comments say it should be considered as the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate II, which I adore, so I think I'll give it a try. Even at AUS$11.99 it's still a bargain.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...